+++Titans of the Heresy+++

A few quick phone shots from before work.

Both Reavers are coming along at about the same rate, and the Warhounds will be painted as a pair so update my pledge to a full Axiom maniple please :smile.:

69B996BF 0975 488A 847C 0D2BD38A2A04

3545F70D F259 4C90 B30F 860A24B171C7

I'll be completing all of the titans before I really get started on the weathering and transfers.

Not quite sure why the images are upside down
:/

Edited by Taxidermied

Hail!

Sunday is here - and time for a progress report! 

I am sooo very close to being done with the Warhounds. I need to finish off the base, do a bit on the plasma blastgun, add decals and then a spot of weathering. All in an evening's work, I suppose.

WZ9ThOE.jpg

Also, I have started to build my Reaver Battle Titan. By all the gods in Valhalla, do I loath those legs! But the rest of the model. It is wonderful. I am really loving both the Warhound and the Reaver models. They are darn lovely! 

2tmmyDE.jpg

All told, my vow is currently on track.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Adding these chaps to my vow for House Caesarean. Hope they're ok to enter. Frames have been sprayed silver and washed black. Sprue is undercoated grey.

Hidden Content

NSN1kv1h.jpg?1

Official Heraldry: Yellow/Black

How hard could that be? :whistling:

Dallo

Very... Good luck mate! :thumbsup:

Read books, ordered another Reaver so it looks like it will be Task 3 for an Axiom with full Mandatory/Optional of 5 Titans. The 3 questor/2 cerastus are just icing at this stage.

Done! You cannot go back now! :smile.:

A few quick phone shots from before work.

Both Reavers are coming along at about the same rate, and the Warhounds will be painted as a pair so update my pledge to a full Axiom maniple please :smile.:

Full Axiom it is! As above, can't go back now!

Hail!

Sunday is here - and time for a progress report!

I am sooo very close to being done with the Warhounds. I need to finish off the base, do a bit on the plasma blastgun, add decals and then a spot of weathering. All in an evening's work, I suppose.

Hidden Content

WZ9ThOE.jpg

Also, I have started to build my Reaver Battle Titan. By all the gods in Valhalla, do I loath those legs! But the rest of the model. It is wonderful. I am really loving both the Warhound and the Reaver models. They are darn lovely!

Hidden Content

2tmmyDE.jpg

All told, my vow is currently on track.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Good progress Master Ciaphas - and yes the models are amazing.. Be careful with the Reaver's leg plates... :wink:

Alright, I'm going to commit to a single, minimum Knight Banner. Here's the before pic:

Hidden Content

gallery_38471_15045_1419412.jpg

House Raven will walk!

House Raven!

Welcome Brother Casman - good luck! In my experience the Questoris are very detailed models and takes way more time than you'd think given their size. Any plans of doing a Titan?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

[snip]

House Raven! 

Welcome Brother Casman - good luck! In my experience the Questoris are very detailed models and takes way more time than you'd think given their size. Any plans of doing a Titan? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh they are quite detailed - I'm impressed with how faithful these are to the full size kit; luckily I have an example to work from! As for a full Titan, we'll see. I'm juggling a number of projects at the same time, and I don't know if AdTitan will come up again before the event is over.

I, Achinadav, vow to complete Task A by 15th April 2019. For the pride and pleasure of the Dark Prince, Malice and Spite of House Paramour shall march to war! Or I shall be be mind scrubbed and redesignated as a Servitor. And that won't help the titans of Legio Hellion get painted.

Before pics:

40020638253_f51e49e04f.jpg46261053034_46bc6a9097.jpg

My titans are too far along to pledge them, I'd feel like I was cheating. But if these two little guys (I think Malice is on the left, maybe) go well, I met get another two and finish the household off. And if I fulfil my promise to myself and get a minimal Venator/Janissary maniple painted, I might just get that second reaver put together to get him pledged...

I have vowed a single Reaver so why an I about to start construction on my second having also completed two warhounds?

My good Captain Semper do I need to update my vow or does this count as proof they where unpainted once I do update my vow having finished the Reaver?

gallery_11377_14948_792500.jpg

If its possible I'd like to join in too. Could really do with some motivation to get my titans (well any painting) done. But as I'm late to the party I haven't really got the same starting point as other folks. I've got 4 titans in various states of not painted yet, a picture speaks a thousand words...

20190205_0903498078780858846641204.jpg

Taken today, although that's just 3, a Reaver and 2 Warhounds, and probably what my initial pledge would be. My Warlord is probably half way between the Reaver and the Warhounds in terms of progress.

That OK, or too much work done to join?

Spoliari Gloria, Charnel Glory, has been finished

Kfv6meVh.jpg

LTvAUnah.jpg

lWiP9aVh.jpg

1f8m0Jbh.jpg

T7J9ouyh.jpg

2QpdTbHh.jpg

2Iahg6jh.jpg

o3WJbkVh.jpg

I ask that my vow not be considered finished until the bases are complete. If I do not finish them, fail me.

Edited by DuskRaider

Right, huge progress... Now let's see:

I have vowed a single Reaver so why an I about to start construction on my second having also completed two warhounds?

My good Captain Semper do I need to update my vow or does this count as proof they where unpainted once I do update my vow having finished the Reaver?

Hidden Content

gallery_11377_14948_792500.jpg

First of all, you can definitely upgrade your vow.

But just to be clear, are we talking four Titans in total? 2 Reaver (the original and an additional one) and two new Warhounds? You know if you go for another one you can upgrade to Task 3 right? Because with four Titans you'd still be at Task two. Up to you of course, you paint what you want to paint, I'm just pointing it it out in case you've missed it.

And don't forget to name them! :wink::laugh.:

If its possible I'd like to join in too. Could really do with some motivation to get my titans (well any painting) done. But as I'm late to the party I haven't really got the same starting point as other folks. I've got 4 titans in various states of not painted yet, a picture speaks a thousand words...

Hidden Content

20190205_0903498078780858846641204.jpg

Taken today, although that's just 3, a Reaver and 2 Warhounds, and probably what my initial pledge would be. My Warlord is probably half way between the Reaver and the Warhounds in terms of progress.
That OK, or too much work done to join?

SOLARIA!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSsssss!

I'll accept the Reaver as this is not a competitive event. BUT you'll also throw the Warlord into the deal! And as a reminder, 3 or 4 Titans will still earn you Task 2 - you need to get to 5 Titans to be eligible for Task 3. What do you say? Can you get your hands on another one?

Oh, and I want names! (of the Titans that is, not the resistance leaders! :laugh.:)

painting starts tomorrow

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/6wzdL1t.jpg

Good luck mate! :thumbsup: These look very promising - from the bases to the posing! I can't get enough of these models!

Hidden Content

gallery_138915_15158_905035.jpg
gallery_138915_15158_1244362.jpg

My 6 questoris knights done.

Fantastic models, are they not? I found them way more challenging to paint than my initial assessment on them... Keep walking! :smile.:

Spoliari Gloria, Charnel Glory, has been finished

Hidden Content

Kfv6meVh.jpg

I ask that my vow not be considered finished until the bases are complete. If I do not finish them, fail me.

Fail you? I don't think so! This is a huge effort with great results! Excellent work on the Warlord - looks amazing! And yes, this is the best faceplate as far as I'm concerned - BRUTAL!

Be that as it may, it's up to you if you want to use the servitor badge... I'm not gonna stop you (that is provided you fail on the completing the bases).

Also great work with the weapons! How did you find the plasmas? Straight forward?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thank you, brother Captain.

I used to display the medals until the sig line was reduced, now I barely have room to fit my threads in there. I'm making decent progress on the bases so barring some kind of catastrophic scenario they will be done, sooner than later.

And I do agree, that's probably the best Warlord head option to date. It's just so, well... brutal, as you said. Brutal metal even.

As far as the Plasma, it wasn't too bad. I've been painting Plasma weaponry for a loooong time now and despite not getting the hang of OSL I can still pull off a decent glow on the coils.

I can't wait to show the vow off ACTUALLY complete and on bases soon... I swear, I think I'm the only one on the internet who posts pictures of unbased Titans, lol.

My Brothers witness this oath 

I hearby raise my Vow to tier 3 

In addition to Burning Chrome I vow to bring to completion 

1 The Warhound Titan Ingnis Vulpes 

2 The Warhound Titan Final Requeim 

3 The Reaver Titan Crimson Wroth 

4 The Warlord Titan Hammer of Dawn 

Arranged into an Axiom Maniple 

The Firebrands Stride to War

Thank you, brother Captain.

I used to display the medals until the sig line was reduced, now I barely have room to fit my threads in there. I'm making decent progress on the bases so barring some kind of catastrophic scenario they will be done, sooner than later.

And I do agree, that's probably the best Warlord head option to date. It's just so, well... brutal, as you said. Brutal metal even.

As far as the Plasma, it wasn't too bad. I've been painting Plasma weaponry for a loooong time now and despite not getting the hang of OSL I can still pull off a decent glow on the coils.

I can't wait to show the vow off ACTUALLY complete and on bases soon... I swear, I think I'm the only one on the internet who posts pictures of unbased Titans, lol.

:laugh.: Indeed there seems to be a "Cult of basing" in the AT community. And it's for the best I think!

My Brothers witness this oath

I hearby raise my Vow to tier 3

In addition to Burning Chrome I vow to bring to completion

1 The Warhound Titan Ingnis Vulpes

2 The Warhound Titan Final Requeim

3 The Reaver Titan Crimson Wroth

4 The Warlord Titan Hammer of Dawn

Arranged into an Axiom Maniple

The Firebrands Stride to War

So you're upping the stakes! Good luck mate! :thumbsup:

Hidden Content

gallery_138915_15158_14479.jpeg

gallery_138915_15158_21636.jpeg

*insert random knightly ramblings about being ready for battle*

My 4 cerastus, now onto the reaver 'Herald of War'

So now you have secured the title of Seneschal and you're off to do your 4th Titan. Now if you go for a 5th Titan, you'll be eligible for Task 4! :wink: Think about it! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Mendi Warrior, pledge to complete Task 1 (at least) by April 15th 2019 or be mind scrubbed and re designated as a Servitor.

Warlord Titan - Messorem Animarum - Harvester of Souls

Better late than never, better safe than sorry :biggrin.:

Picture of the sprues as of February 4, 2019. Since then, I have started building several of these titans (see my project log).

gallery_116407_14938_128903.jpg