+++Titans of the Heresy+++

TitanicusHH-Aug14-CombatShot-3iv.jpg

THE OUTPUT HERE WOULD MAKE ANY FORGE WORLD PROUD! 

OK, back from Geneva car show and back to the serious machines! :wink:

I can see tremendous progress all around and I'm extremely happy that the B&C community has embraced AT is such a devoted manner! 

@ Iron Heretic: Lovely Warhound, loverly "friends" and congrats on the completion of your task! They look amazing - but it would be even more amazing if you were to take a family pic with everything you did during the event! :thumbsup: I also changed the name to Eternal Pilgrim. 

Achinadav: OK, I updated and upgraded the pledge to Task B. Good luck! :smile.: Fantastic models... 

@ General Zodd: WHAT A RESULT! Very striking finish - what's the red anyway? Whatever it is, it's looking great! Both the Warlord and the Reaver look amazing! :yes:

@ Gamma310: Great progress man - excellent use of blue-grey as a spot colour! Look forward for "Task Complete"! :smile.:

Parweke: Great stuff... Still need the names though... I hope you'll reveal them as you complete them!

@ noigrim: Well, they look great! You've done a great service to those classic minis - they have come to life and it's a great trip down memory lane! And you win the title of the Baron! Badges will be revealed at the end of the event! :wink:

@ Atia: Coming along fine - an admittedly difficult scheme, and you're pulling it off admirably! Keep waling Princeps!

@ Spleenex: Welcome to the craziness! Don't forget to give us the names of the individual Titans when the time comes. Good luck!

@ Brother Dallo: You should be proud of the final result. I was in two minds with the jaw but it turned out great - a good thing you stood by your initial vision! Now on to the next one! 

@ The Bloody: The Maker of Deserts wins Oscar for best name! :laugh.: Excellent decals, weathering and great work on the most challenging of the Reaver faceplates! Great work Bloody, great work! Eager for the sibling God Machine!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

@ General Zodd: WHAT A RESULT! Very striking finish - what's the red anyway? Whatever it is, it's looking great! Both the Warlord and the Reaver look amazing! :yes:

Thanks Captain! The red is Khorne Red, Agrax Earthshade (gloss), highlighted with successively more Pallid Wych Flesh mixed in with the Khorne Red, then a final glaze of Agrax again. I used Pallid Wych Flesh to highlight the off-white as well, to help make the colours work better together. The highlight ends up looking like a very rich pink, but the overall look ends up quite deep red, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks again for organising, this has really helped me focus my efforts to get stuff finished! Edited by General Zodd

Tremble ye mortals, for Death walks this world.

Well here we are, Vow #2 based and officially finished. I've included pictures of not only Vow #2 but everything I've finished for the Event (and a few I did just prior). This has been so much fun and I'm glad I had the chance to do this Event with all of you. Good luck to everyone who hasn't completed their vow, I have faith each one of you will do it.

For the Warmaster and Mars, MORTIS WALKS.

r3yaguq.jpg

uHvD6gj.jpg

fmlv0uF.jpg

0gPfHxn.jpg

BAGV0AV.jpg

TfydWfa.jpg

P50tq6I.jpg

KGLTqHL.jpg

Do not think I have forgotten my vows to the Warmaster and the True Mechanicus!

But I have refrained from starting another slow grind blog without a least a finished Titan :)

Warhounds are nearly finished:

gallery_66914_8104_559763.jpg

Just some details and merging of parts to go....

gallery_66914_8104_189205.jpg

Then it`s on to the Reaver!

Pugilator is done aswell!

54268491_825481054488516_334540498525591

54523031_543640836125632_215660859807812

And here he is with its brother engine, Solitudines Facio.

54522203_401284413766757_224982916243075

Honestly, I am not 100% happy with these two models, but march has been a very busy month so far.

The painting of the reavers started to drag, and I just wanted them done at this point :tongue.:

I'll try to post better pics soon; I wasn't able to not potato this evening but still wished to show my vow is complete.

Edited by The_Bloody

Hail!

So - I have managed to finish my Reaver titan - Tritus! She walks in the name of the Emperor and her home, Lucius! 

MYZKRFv.jpg

Ygsf7v3.jpg

GckViVY.jpg

And with that, my first vow is done! A Venator Maniple now walks for Legio Astorum!

YcWq4s2.jpg

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Final Titan for my pledge complete! May I introduce Iustus Indignatio;

B7bEtcG.jpg

S78TGsq.jpg

RqHLwl6.jpg

fNzePEg.jpg

5J2dOpc.jpg

Although I’ve done my pledge as a complete Axiom maniple, I actually have this one in mind for the Princeps Senioris for a Venator maniple. Hence the (hopefully) commanding pose, about to take a bonus shot with his Volcano cannon!

Now, as I have a few weeks left, I reckon I should pledge some Knights as well!

xVbH5Pk.jpg

gallery_48988_15151_107744.png

Great progress everyone! :woot:

We are now in the last month of the event, so it's time to wrap it up. Let's see those God-Engines taking the field!

@ General Zodd: Tremendous progress man! Thanks for the tip on the colours and congratulations for completing Task 3! And now I see you're going for the Knights too! What House are you planning n doing?

@ Mendi Warrior: I haven't been in the logs recently so this might be answered, but are we looking at Legio Suturvora? :yes:

@ Brother Dallo: Beautiful work man, congratulations on completing both your tasks! And I really like the addition of purple to the Caesarian scheme - it makes them stand apart. Good call!

@ G8Keeper: Sorry to hear that man. The only thing I can say is that it's not over until it's over: you do have until April 15th. But, having said that, RL always takes priority... Best of luck!

@ DuskRaider: MORTIS WALKS INDEED!!! That is a very impressive collection there and I'm really happy this event gave you the extra motivation to see it through! You should be rightly proud of your achievement DuskRaider! Now let's wait for Molech... :tongue.:

@ Xin Ceithan: Great to see progress... The shade of green for the Krytos seems very unique - a great way to make your minis stand apart... How did you achieve this result? Cant wait to see them put together!

@ The Bloody: A great result! :woot: How is it possible you're not 100% happy with those two? I know what you're saying with the drag of painting the Reavers, I myself, am kind of blocked with mine right now... But still, your work is stellar man, and better pics will show this even more!

@ Master Ciaphas: Legio Astorum walks! Looks awesome man - this bright, vibrant blue is really sending a strong visual message! Congratulations on completing your Task!

@ Grandmaster damion: A very striking result damion! Atarus is probably my favourite loyalist Legio, and you have done great justice to it! How did you go about the bone? Now on to the big boys! :smile.:

Sorry for not being around much in the last week, have been sick and work has also been merciless... I also have a block when I look at my only single Reaver... I just need to overcome that... :sad.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yep, Suturvora it is :yes: 

And, as I progressed in parallel with the other titans shown in my original pledge picture, I'm feeling confident enough to raise my bet. With a good 3 weeks left, I should be able to manage this.

I, Mendi Warrior, pledge to complete Task 3 by April 15th 2019 or be mind scrubbed and re designated as a Servitor.

Legio Suturvora, Axiom Maniple. Names for the 2 Reavers and 2 Warhounds are pending.

I know how you feel when you say "I also have a block when I look at". Divide the task into smaller parts and go for it step by step. As someone famous would say "Yes, you can!".

My good Captain my bone is a simple recipe just thin layers and patience posted bellow for any wishing to use it 

Start with a Mechanicum Standard Grey base 

Next you need to build up a layer of Zandri Dust if your thinning properly this will take at least 3 thin layers. 

Next we go to Usabti Bone again thin and look to at least 3 layers.

Now it's time to wash your going to want to do a HEAVY reses wash with Matt Agrax be bold as any over spill will be fixed later.

Once the wash has dried go in and neaten up with Usabti

Planning on doing an Event that's Molech-related Cap?

I don't know actually... It depends on how close the release is to the end of this event... I also don't want to have any distractions during the ETL. But having said that, I'm really invested in AT and it's really fun to see our little sub-community exhibiting such dynamism... 

I also feel Knights should be moved towards the central stage - not as an afterthought, which was pretty much the case in this first AT event... Especially if GW releases more Knight classes...

Yep, Suturvora it is :yes: 

And, as I progressed in parallel with the other titans shown in my original pledge picture, I'm feeling confident enough to raise my bet. With a good 3 weeks left, I should be able to manage this.

I, Mendi Warrior, pledge to complete Task 3 by April 15th 2019 or be mind scrubbed and re designated as a Servitor.

Legio Suturvora, Axiom Maniple. Names for the 2 Reavers and 2 Warhounds are pending.

I know how you feel when you say "I also have a block when I look at". Divide the task into smaller parts and go for it step by step. As someone famous would say "Yes, you can!".

Ooooh, you're upping the stakes! I like! - I have updated the first page accordingly! Good luck mate! :tu:

My good Captain my bone is a simple recipe just thin layers and patience posted bellow for any wishing to use it 

Start with a Mechanicum Standard Grey base 

Next you need to build up a layer of Zandri Dust if your thinning properly this will take at least 3 thin layers. 

Next we go to Usabti Bone again thin and look to at least 3 layers.

Now it's time to wash your going to want to do a HEAVY reses wash with Matt Agrax be bold as any over spill will be fixed later.

Once the wash has dried go in and neaten up with Usabti

Thinning is a nightmare... I mean with Zandri... It becomes either too thin or not quite thin enough... Good to see you're mastering it! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15151_107744.png

Great progress everyone! :woot:

We are now in the last month of the event, so it's time to wrap it up. Let's see those God-Engines taking the field!

@ General Zodd: Tremendous progress man! Thanks for the tip on the colours and congratulations for completing Task 3! And now I see you're going for the Knights too! What House are you planning n doing?

Sorry for not being around much in the last week, have been sick and work has also been merciless... I also have a block when I look at my only single Reaver... I just need to overcome that... :(

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cheers Cap! I was hoping to do Col’khak Knights once the Atarus transfer sheet came out, hopefully with decals for the knights as well, but seeing as there’s no sign of that happening, and I still don’t know what they’re actually supposed to look like, I have decided to go for Vyronii instead! I like the look of contrasting Knight heraldry to their allied Titans, and the traditional Mechanicum colours of Col’Khak wouldn’t suit that. This way I can use the same off-white and red from my titans, but spruced up with a nice emerald green. That’s the plan, anyway!

As for your Reaver block, what’s stopping you? Is it the choice of colour scheme, not knowing where to start, general blurgh? I can only suggest to pick something you know to do, and just force yourself to sit down and get started. But I’m sure I speak for most when I say I’ve definitely been there!