Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Titans of the Heresy+++

B&C-20 TotH TotH Titans of the Heresy

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Gamma310

Gamma310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
  • Faction: The Third Legion

I've started work on my vow as well:

Work on the first Legio Gryphonicus Reaver has started. It is actually close to beeing finished. But I have no wepaons for it yet since I used them for my Fureans Titans.  And silly me has lost the head as well. No Idea where I put that thing.....

20190220_214429.thumb.jpg.d09b8e5494d7dd

20190220_214415.thumb.jpg.d9afdd3c40aefb

20190220_214424.thumb.jpg.c8fb04a6fcee93

• G8Keeper, Captain Semper, Parweke and 1 other like this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts

Finally finished my first titan for my vow, Occidere Mandatum of Legio Vulturum. I wasn't a massive fan of the reaver's look before starting AT, but having made a bunch, the ugly little things are growing on me! I can't wait to get this one in combat!

PbEWS7Al.jpg

Zg68HkTl.jpg

10dbUSTl.jpg

LTSxy3Yl.jpg

One more with a more helpful background

VN2yb04l.jpg?1

Edited by Gore Crow, 21 February 2019 - 09:34 PM.

• Master Ciaphas, Captain Semper, DuskRaider and 7 others like this

Master Ciaphas

Master Ciaphas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hail!

So - a wee progress report! I have managed to magnetize my Reaver Titan; it actually went a lot smoother than I expected, so that is grand! I expect to undercoat it tomorrow and then there will another progress report picture.

In the meantime, I am feeling very (as in very) brave, so I will pledge another:

I, Master Ciaphas, pledge to complete a single Cerastus Knight banner composed of two knights of House Tintaroth, by April 15th 2019, or be named a servitor for the remainer of the year. 

And here is the vow picture:

m99h3nw.jpg

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• Parweke and Brother Handro like this

Never Forget, Never Forgive

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpghmpEPhP.pngIvRHEXT.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,333 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Indomitus Fulgor- Savage Splendour

5ZW5NfJ.jpg
oO8aVki.jpg
MI3jB3F.jpg
OV72sJg.jpg
QyvM4p0.jpg
  • Chaplain Dosjetka, Parweke and Brother Handro like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Taxidermied

Taxidermied

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Reaver progress

Been a busy few weeks at work, but managed a little bit of progress on a Reaver.

013422E5 733E 40AD AFA9 B37F36320DAB

Planned out the colours for the Knights, thinking maybe a worn gold trim on the armour.  That or I start again and go House Devine after seeing the cover from 'The Death of Molech'.  That purple is just stunning.

Oh and anyone wonderinmg about the undrilled barrels, I snapped my bit and need to replace it wacko.png 

Edited by Taxidermied, 22 February 2019 - 03:43 AM.

• Captain Semper, Parweke and Brother Handro like this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,330 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Update Time - (also includes my Legio Gryphonicus who aren't part of the vow - but they don't want to be excluded here sweat.gif)

Howdy Guys and Girls - time for another little update smile.png

Quite a mixed bag of updates for my tiny titans - did some decals work aswell as some planning for the bases:

mdx25D2.jpg

Nk6QPaD.jpg

sYWI9tt.jpg

All in all 7 Titans are waiting to get weathering and/or bases done in one swoop - and I'm already trying to work out the colour scheme for my next 3 engines .... msn-wink.gif

2fM9SZd.jpg

happy.png

Solaria then?

Uh huh - for the Great Mother!

Figuring out the vines pattern:

4UiXWA6.jpg

And getting the tone right:

3DRKQAq.jpg

Tell me what you think sweat.gif

• Master Ciaphas, Reyner, Captain Semper and 3 others like this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

The_Bloody

The_Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters, Dark Angels

Work has finally started on my Reavers aswell!

Nothing too exciting, just proof that things are moving. :P

52598193_1988608294766756_35490638003322

52350419_314534432597312_897436220683347

52407813_405701103337310_758686926376429

They are going to be called Pugilator and Solitudines Facio.

• Captain Semper, DuskRaider and Brother Handro like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

OK, I have been overwhelmed at work as of late... sorry everyone...

But I have not been idle - here's my WIP:

med_gallery_27176_14912_115777.jpg

Anyways:

hmm then two basic size knight houses will drop by

Ermm, is that a vow? unsure.png Let me know and I'll update the fist page accordingly...

Right, now I’ve finally moved house and unpacked all the boring, necessary stuff, I can now unpack my hobby stuff! And first up are the members of my pledge, in various states of construction.

https://imgur.com/gallery/51MVYAA

I’m going to try and get cracking, now I’ve lost a few weeks, and try to batch paint the Warhounds to show you before too long!

So how are things? Are you back on the saddle? 

Quick Update! 

Well its been almost a week, and I have had a odd week. I have made some progress with all my titans it is not the progress I want to make but progress was made all the same. First up all my Knights were given a base coat and hit with a black wash. They are at now what I consider minimum standard to get on the table and dont look horrible when beaning used.   The plan will be to return and start adding a few layers of paint and highlights to them. The Plan is go go for almost cream on the shareholder and work in some greens on all the lenses, as well a long pass to pick out details. 

Hidden Content

Sadly and what has derailed most of my painting for the last few days is that I appear to have lost one of the leg armor plates for one of the titans. This is not ideal and after checking in every location I have been painting for the last week, I have decided that it is lost. As such I have started to gather the needed materials for a press mold to cast my own sparepart, hopefuly it will not look that bad, and any problems with it can be painted up as battle damage. 

Hidden Content

I'm sorry to hear that... Have you managed to find a replacement? Or make one? msn-wink.gif

I have started my entry, 1 Warlord for Legio Astorum.  Gotta get other projects finished before really going to town though.

Great! Now all you need is work out a name! biggrin.png

Work on the first Legio Gryphonicus Reaver has started. It is actually close to beeing finished. But I have no wepaons for it yet since I used them for my Fureans Titans.  And silly me has lost the head as well. No Idea where I put that thing.....

Hidden Content

You lost your head! tongue.png Hope you find it man... What are you going to do with the weapons? 

Finally finished my first titan for my vow, Occidere Mandatum of Legio Vulturum. I wasn't a massive fan of the reaver's look before starting AT, but having made a bunch, the ugly little things are growing on me! I can't wait to get this one in combat!

Hidden Content

OMG! That's a fantastic marble effect Gore Crow! But I also really like your burned metal effect. Congrats mate! thumbsup.gif

Hail!

So - a wee progress report! I have managed to magnetize my Reaver Titan; it actually went a lot smoother than I expected, so that is grand! I expect to undercoat it tomorrow and then there will another progress report picture.

In the meantime, I am feeling very (as in very) brave, so I will pledge another:

I, Master Ciaphas, pledge to complete a single Cerastus Knight banner composed of two knights of House Tintaroth, by April 15th 2019, or be named a servitor for the remainer of the year. 

And here is the vow picture:

Hidden Content

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Looking forward for your feedback on this. I think the Cerastus are great and far more straight forward to paint than the Questoris... 

Been a busy few weeks at work, but managed a little bit of progress on a Reaver.

Planned out the colours for the Knights, thinking maybe a worn gold trim on the armour.  That or I start again and go House Devine after seeing the cover from 'The Death of Molech'.  That purple is just stunning.

Oh and anyone wonderinmg about the undrilled barrels, I snapped my bit and need to replace it wacko.png

Ouch! ermm.gif And you're right about that purple!

Update Time - (also includes my Legio Gryphonicus who aren't part of the vow - but they don't want to be excluded here sweat.gif)

Howdy Guys and Girls - time for another little update smile.png

Quite a mixed bag of updates for my tiny titans - did some decals work aswell as some planning for the bases:

Hidden Content

happy.png

Solaria then?

Uh huh - for the Great Mother!

Figuring out the vines pattern:

Hidden Content

Tell me what you think sweat.gif

Wow! Beautiful Warhounds Atia! thumbsup.gif

As regards the Solaria pattern, I kind of think the white dots must be more dense...

Indomitus Fulgor- Savage Splendour

Hidden Content

You sir are a Forge World in your own right! This is developing into a great collection man! Looks amazing!

Work has finally started on my Reavers aswell!

Nothing too exciting, just proof that things are moving. tongue.png

Hidden Content

They are going to be called Pugilator and Solitudines Facio.

Updated the names - Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• DuskRaider, Brother Handro, The_Bloody and 1 other like this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Once I get the knights in the mail I'll vow with a "before" pic. Plan is to make houses devine and raven
  • Captain Semper likes this

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,333 posts
Haha, well this Forge World is a bit behind on assembly. My Warhounds are still sitting on the sprue so I need to kick it into high gear and get them going.

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 952 posts
Not dropped in here for a while. Some amazing titans been posted! Reaver’s are very popular.

Mortis is definitely living up to being the most numerous Legio.

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
Nice to see so many completed titans here, Atia's hounds are great, DR's and Gore Crows reavers too.
I have suffered from lack of motivation this week, but will continue to paint on monday.

I promised something crazy and here it is...

vqvUO3g.jpg

kiu95yq.jpg

if you havent done it already go check all the nice 30k models in Loyalty & Treachery IV thread.

Edited by Parweke, 23 February 2019 - 09:20 PM.

• Brother Handro and Gore Crow like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngdyD1Zxk.jpg
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

Nice to see so many completed titans here, Atia's hounds are great, DR's and Gore Crows reavers too.
I have suffered from lack of motivation this week, but will continue to paint on monday.
Dont know if its okay to post this link here but its kinda related so... I did something crazy as I promised :)
http://www.bolterand...-8#entry5259998

Totally fine with the link. You may even post pics of progress - I bet it’ll be a huge motivator for all the frater!
  • Parweke likes this

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
Nice.

Will post updates here too. Uuuh, what have I done? :)

I will remove the link and post the starting pic here.

Oh, and I have name list for my (ten) Atarus Titans... I know I have only 6 in my vow but im upgrading from crazy to insane.

Edited by Parweke, 23 February 2019 - 09:14 PM.

• Captain Semper and Brother Handro like this
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts
We won’t have it any other way! :)
  • Parweke likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,818 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Okay, my House Raven knights are done! No names, alas, for that is one thing my creativity doesn't extend to.

gallery_38471_15045_276308.jpg

We'll see if I can squeeze in another little vow or not.
  • Burni, Captain Semper, Parweke and 2 others like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

Okay, my House Raven knights are done! No names, alas, for that is one thing my creativity doesn't extend to.

They look fantastic man, House Raven livery is extremely striking and more so in that scale! How did you find the overall experience? Also, don't worry about the names, after all, they're only Knights! laugh.png

We'll see if I can squeeze in another little vow or not.

Please do!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

General Zodd

General Zodd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts

Right, now I’ve finally moved house and unpacked all the boring, necessary stuff, I can now unpack my hobby stuff! And first up are the members of my pledge, in various states of construction.https://imgur.com/gallery/51MVYAA
I’m going to try and get cracking, now I’ve lost a few weeks, and try to batch paint the Warhounds to show you before too long!

So how are things? Are you back on the saddle?

Funny you should ask! Here are my first two Titans completed, the pair of Warhounds;

Amarok
https://imgur.com/a/IHjhgks
zBXU3Iw.jpg

And

Curse of Fenrir
https://imgur.com/a/jbponPw
ZI4wGaRh.jpg

Next up, I’m going to tackle my next Warlord, then on to the Reavers!

Edited by General Zodd, 24 February 2019 - 11:08 PM.

• Captain Semper, Parweke and Brother Handro like this
gallery_48988_15151_12750.pnggallery_48988_15151_3702.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,818 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

They look fantastic man, House Raven livery is extremely striking and more so in that scale! How did you find the overall experience? Also, don't worry about the names, after all, they're only Knights! laugh.png
[snip]

Oh, they were great fun. The hardest part was figuring out angles for the hazard stripes and even that wasn't too bad.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Gamma310

Gamma310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

But I have not been idle - here's my WIP:

med_gallery_27176_14912_115777.jpg

Hidden Content

You lost your head! tongue.png Hope you find it man... What are you going to do with the weapons? 

Yeah, more Reavers is always a good thing. My only hope is the new sprue which should come out in the next weeks to get my Reaver a head and weapons.

My progress:

Yeah, thank the Omnissiah that these weapons sprue seem to be ready for pre order next weekend. So that my reaver can get a head and some weapons very soon. He looks so naked without them.

On Friday I received some reinforcements:

20190222 164720

Saturday evening the assembly line had been completed (including Bases):

IMG 20190223 WA0011

On Sunday the primers were applied corresponding to the final colour (I hate painting trim):

20190224 144915

20190224 144918

20190224 144921

On Sunday evening I painted all the Titan bodies in the base colours and washed the miniatures. I forgot to take photos but the bodies are at 90% and will be completed in the next 12 hours. I’ll provide you with pictures either this evening or tomorrow. And then I’ll have to paint all the armour panels and weapons.

On March the 6th I’ll have to leave for the yearly military service and the painting will be restricted to weekends…

Yeah, thank the Omnissiah that these weapons sprue seem to be ready for pre order next weekend. So that my reaver can get a head and some weapons very soon. He looks so naked without them.

On Friday I received some reinforcements:

Saturday evening the assembly line had been completed (including Bases):

On Sunday the primers were applied corresponding to the final colour (I hate painting trim):

On Sunday evening I painted all the Titan bodies in the base colours and washed the miniatures. I forgot to take photos but the bodies are at 90% and will be completed in the next 12 hours. I’ll provide you with pictures either this evening or tomorrow. And then I’ll have to paint all the armour panels and weapons.

On March the 6th I’ll have to leave for the yearly military service and the painting will be restricted to weekends…

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

Semper, mine shall be called Terribilis Vindicta, found the name on the Legio Astorum wiki and I do love a name with some backstory!

gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,333 posts
Lupus Spodium - Cinder Wolf

RcrMYhP.jpg
1f65HC8.jpg
LpK29OT.jpg
BEJQUZb.jpg
  • Burni, Captain Semper, Chaplain Dosjetka and 3 others like this

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
Im upgrading my vow to Task 5.
2 full Axiom Maniples.

before pics of reavers and warlords

RrFtPPe.jpg

2Ujkecp.jpg

wlHunjW.jpg

edit: 6.3.19 Plasma warlord arrived today

Edited by Parweke, 06 March 2019 - 12:58 PM.

• Captain Semper, Brother Handro and Gore Crow like this

Gamma310

Gamma310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Step by step:

gallery_34810_15274_591505.jpg
gallery_34810_15274_223095.jpg

• Captain Semper, Parweke, Brother Handro and 1 other like this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK

I Noigrim pledge to paint two medium sized (5x questoris) knight banners in the livery of houses Devine and Raven

Here goes the before pic

gallery_85159_11711_1122721.jpg

Edited by noigrim, 02 March 2019 - 12:02 AM.

• Captain Semper and Brother Handro like this

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users