+++Titans of the Heresy+++

Legio First!

Domine Ex Venari

Reaver Battle Titan of Princeps Majoris Esha Ani Mohana

Legio Solaria

4YJHKOO.jpg

The Legio Solaria (also known as Imperial Hunters) was founded by the Knight World Noble Mohana Mankata VI in the early Great Crusade after she was denied the right to pilot a Knight suit on her homeworld of Procon despite winning a horseriding competition to decide future Knights. Her skills nonetheless impressed the Mechanicum, and she exiled herself to become the founder of a new Titan Legion with their aid. Paying tribute to the Procon Goddess of the Hunt - Pahkmetris, the Legio Solaria went on to include all-women, with vat-born genetically modified subjects serving as pilots and the few number of males acting as Tech-Priests, Secutarii and Servitors. The Legion became known for its embrace of emotions and humanity and hit-and-run tactics, putting it at odds with the rest of the cold and ruthless Mechanicum. Under Mohana, now known as Great Mother, they eventually developed the 3rd best engine kill/loss ratio during the Great Crusade.

3F0IQ5c.jpg

HAKdUwP.jpg

VGisYCN.jpg

ROfF74F.jpg

QYUAyj4.jpg

OaMKzdA.jpg

Note: Skitarii Auxilia Rangers. It is not unusual for bigger Forgeworlds to include additional support units within their titan legio's core of retainers - from bonded Battle-Automata, Sicarii Clades and Close Air Support to Skitarii Auxilia Legions. Traditionally, Skitarii Auxilia forces still bear the colours of their homeworld, but may incorperate heraldry of their titan legio into their own - in this case, they bear the proud crimson robes and white armour of Tigrus.

Edited by Atia

Well she actually took part in the competition so her house would win after her brother lost the token, the prize was the favour of the mechanicum for her house and her ascension to first princeps of the legio solaria

Truu, and I need to admit I used the summary from a certain wiki for the first paragraph as I didn't really had time and mood to summarize it myself this morning :sweat: :whistling: :rolleyes:

Had these done for a couple of weeks but kept forgetting to post them!

This completes my Knightly vow and therefore my final vow for TotH - been great fun!

Thanks to Captain Semper and all the mods for another great community challenge. (When's ETL start? I've got some Ultramarine Primaris undercoated and I'm wondering if I should start painting...)

jBtivBT.jpg

Legio First!

Venator Light Demi-Maniple

Legio Solaria 

Xj85kq1.jpg

The Legio Solaria is known to use hunting packs to bring foes to heel, allowing a Warhound-class Scout Titan squadron to contain additional Titans, and replacing Battle Titans with Warhounds in any maniples. Their combat doctrine also focused on speed and fury, such as their notable tactic known as the "Spear of Tigrus." Keeping on the move was second nature to this Legion's Princeps, who lived by the axiom, "A moving blade cannot be broken."

ETUC2U6.jpg

Note: Skitarii Auxilia support usually serves as offensive vanguard units, allowing the specialiced Corpus Secutarii to focus on defending Battle Titans or retreaving crew of fallen god-engines.

yrDXHqo.jpg

R0YdhCW.jpg

PWeBRuf.jpg

9fD5deI.jpg

CWot6Yd.jpg

RG8HMbd.jpg

pOhbnDC.jpg

mehjp3j.jpg

HXKqDpl.jpg

KoyPR1n.jpg

qug6YMh.jpg

Captain Semper, on 24 Mar 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

LEGIO FIRST!!!

Well done Atia - a very demanding scheme there and you pulled it off! :smile.: How'd you do the white? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Glad you like her!

FyB4CBZ.jpg

I did the white using my airbrush, after that blotches of liquid masking tape and some sponging with different greens to make the vines :smile.:

The Knight vow is independend from the titans, right? If so, I, Atia, Lady of the Dark Rumour Tower vow to paint up 4 Cerastus Knight Lancers of House Vyronii!

Gr6bIfa.jpg

Time to get my Tamiya Paints out ^.^

Edited by Atia

And because there’s a whole ’nother two weeks, I’m pushing on for Task 4!

I hereby pledge a second maniple of Titans, however while this isn’t a legal maniple currently, it’s what I want to paint! So, I will be presenting a Warlord (Legacy of Phaeton) and two Warhounds (names tbc).

I was going to bask in my success, but I’ve decided I’m on a roll!

‘Before’ picture below;

WsFkUlD.jpg

I have completed my vow, task 3, a full Axiom maniple of the Legio Gryphonicus!

AxiomManipleCropped

The Warlord Titan Lux Incandens accompanied by the Reavers Pugnis Rex (L) and Grey Angel ( R ), and the Warhounds Fides Impudens (L) and Vox Stridens ( R )

I haven't really got time to weather them yet, going to HH Throne of Skulls in May and need to build and paint a fresh 1000 points of Sons of Horus in 7 weeks....

Will get around to posting individual pics in my Titan thread...

Hail!

It is done. I have finished my second and last vow and present here my finish Cerastus Knight Lancer demi-banner!

House Tintaroth stands ready to defend the Imperium!!

rQ1GNgX.jpg

hy4gmpL.jpg

d6irdxB.jpg

I will get a group picture of both my vows up soon!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Made some prgress for Gryphonicus:

2x Warlord

2x Reaver

1x Warhound

20190331_171511.thumb.jpg.ecfb8ab4a33118

20190331_171516.thumb.jpg.95efe1b780dfa5

20190331_171520.thumb.jpg.fbe1d55347a382

Somehow miscalculated and now I have to buy another Reaver for the Axoim... Anyways. They are done except for the decals. My Gryphonics Decal Sheet still has not arrived:

For Fuerans:

2x Warlord 

1x Warhound 

A lot of weapons/heads plus Decals for the rest.

20190331_171926.thumb.jpg.5ce0c10684dc27

20190331_172054.thumb.jpg.c94954d5c6152d

20190331_171952.thumb.jpg.764a1b0b81bd43

20190331_172006.thumb.jpg.c24a8e36e63fb7

gallery_48988_15151_107744.png

JUST TWO WEEKS REMAINING FOR THE EVENT TO CLOSE!!!

So wrap it up everybody, A lot of progress is already done but more is still to be completed...

@ Burni: Great stuff there mate - they look magnificent in their red and silver livery! :thumbsup: Also, thank you for your kind words, and as far as the ETL is concerned, think early to mid-May...

@ Atia: LEGIO FIRST! Maybe I'll take a chance with them after all... They look great Atia, and I find it interesting that you started with white base and then mover to the green... I'd make it green (finding the proper shade might be tricky) and then spray white - a large are in the middle and progressively smaller dots as I move away from the centre... Excellent approach though, it works very well indeed! :smile.: So just the Reaver Varcarnerix of Legio Mortis remaining? (apart from the Knights obviously)...

@ General Zodd: You are on a roll! Fantastic work on those Vyronii man, and good luck with the new demi-Maniple! It seems the final phase of the event added to your motivational drive! :biggrin.:

@ Brother Handro: Well done sir! All in one go too! :smile.: As far as the HH stuff go, keep in mind that you can still join the L&T for some extra motivation, which also runs until April 15th. I think the ETL will be too late for you to wait until then...:confused:

@ Master Ciaphas: Tintaroth looks awesome in red and white, but I have to say may favourite part is the measured glow on the shields - excellent effect! :wink:

@ Gamma 310: WOW!!! Tons of Titans all over! :laugh.: OK, I'm officially confused with what you originally vowed and what you've delivered... Be that as it may, I have amended the first page as I understand what is you actually made, but feel free to correct me

OK guys I'm going through a huge painting block right now... I'm having trouble finishing a damn Reaver for Emperor's sake...

I really need to get my act together as ETL will be coming soon and I need to do tons of preparation... :ermm:

Anyways...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Gamma 310: WOW!!! Tons of Titans all over! :laugh.: OK, I'm officially confused with what you originally vowed and what you've delivered... Be that as it may, I have amended the first page as I understand what is you actually made, but feel free to correct me 

Yeah so am I. ;)

I vowed to paint at least a Gryphonicus Axiom Maniple and two Fuerans Warlords.

Somehow I messed uped this a bit and painted a Warlord instead of a Reaver (Axiom for Gryphonicus 1 Warlord, 3 Reavers, 1 Warhound). I'm going to get another Reaver to correct this.

So I did paint:

Gryphonicus:

2x Warlord

2x Reaver

1x Warhound

Fuerans

2x Warlord

1x Warhound

The names for the Titans can be found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353791-gamma310s-tiger-eyes-legio-fureans-vs-legio-gryphonicus/

First Titan of my second maniple completed; Legacy of Phaeton!

o033EYZ.jpg

jkNxEKO.jpg

SEbDZ8i.jpg

Dq8qbGT.jpg

The middle shoulder panels are being left clear for when they (hopefully!) finally get around to releasing an Atarus transfer sheet with a more detailed Legio symbol!

Just two Warhounds left to go, now!

Hey all!

Well after a very busy few weeks, I finally have a update! and after a long day at work doing no real work I was able to finish painting my questoris knights. I have applied transfers, but I have noticed on the photo I may need to see if I can redo one or two as they have slipped.

These were a bit of a slog to paint, not as fun as the titans, but I think that is my choice of paint scheme, something I will assess when I paint the next round of them!

gallery_63905_15238_802863.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_250808.jpg

But for now that is my final Vow. That said I do have 2 more Reavers and 2 war hounds to paint, I may decided tomorrow to paint a 3nd Reaver to finish a manaple.

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

the Reaver has been primed and is awaiting assembly ….

gallery_66914_8104_354630.jpg

Regarding the green --

- the Krytos green seemed much lighter in the pics I had before I got hands on an actual copy of Titandeath.

So I had to redo my initial Priming and went with a faded look .

Luckily, it turned out quite nice :P

It`s Tamya Cobalt sprayed over Vallejo Chaotic Red, Chocolate Brown and P3 Armour Wash with a drop of AK Chipping fluid...(that is the base on the power fist)

the first shade looks somewhat like this…

gallery_66914_8104_861536.jpg

then it:s Nurgling Green for Highlights and an array of glazes from Vallejo Foul Green, Hydra Turqouise and Nurgling Flesh. Shaded with the same mix and progressively adding thinned Sotek Green.

I am focussing on getting theTitans finished - then I want to set up my AT blog proper.. Iam taking pics of the greening process in more detail, so stay tuned for that !

Well done everyone! This is really exciting, its the first time I've take part in a painting challenge :smile.: Very inspiring to see so many completions.

I've decided to all my cerastus knight banner done:

40583956513_293ffdf548_c.jpg

I might add some transfers, because I completely forgot they exists until I saw some other people using them. Sometimes I'm lucky my brain is attached to me, because I'd forget to take it with me.

Really stoked that Doom of Molech is out soon. Hoping for more knight models...

I declare my vow finished:

Fureans:

Warlord Jaanva Kolhoo„Ponum Aeras Ruptor“

20190331 171952

Warlord Sabes Shikaree „Primus Interfecta“

20190331 172006

Warhound Nishghaat „Noctis Insidii“

20190331 172054

20190331 172049

Fluff for these three Titans can be found in my project (signature).

Gryphonicus

Axiom Maniple plus Warlord

20190406 111742

These Titans will reamin nameless for the moment (and without Decals.. thank you GW). I'll give them names once they have seen battle. Gryphonnicus is not my Legion and they are kind of bait to lure players into playing the game. ;)

Sabes Shikaree „Primus Interfecta“