+++Titans of the Heresy+++

Captain Semper

That's great - and you do not need to worry about the weapons. You are free of course to do more but the two grey Titans qualify as-is! :) I'll amend the first page accordingly and all you need to do now (optionally) is to name them! 

So the Good (sensible mint purchases):

gallery_27755_12410_115917.jpg

The Bad (old Epic40K building that I have had for 20+ years that need stripping).

gallery_27755_12410_133960.jpg

And the Fugly (original Space Marine and Epic40K stuff that needs stripping to make the bases seem interesting and lend scale).

gallery_27755_12410_44578.jpg

I also need to read Book 3 Bretrayal again for more war Griffons stuff, and IA11.

I have everything I need now, and possibly enough buildings to do a wee Armies on Parade style board.

I, Master Ciaphas, hereby vow to complete task 2, and will field a Venator Light Maniple of the Legio Astorum, by April 15th 2019, or be named Servitor for the remainer of this calender year. 

With reverence, these honoured God-Engines shall take to the field of Glory:

Tritus, Reaver Battle Titan
Avernus Maxima, Warhound Titan

Pyladii Alpha, Warhound Titan

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

I, Shandwen, vow to complete Task 1 in honour of both the Legio Gryphonicus and the Bolter and Chainsword by 15th April 2019. Failure is not an option.
The Reaver Titan "Verbum Dimini" will walk.

gallery_72033_15199_14408.jpg

Edit: inserted pic of built miniature giant death robot.

(first time inserting a pic, so hopefully it went ok)

@ Marius Pedro: That seems like a ton of work, before you even go to the Titans! :lol: Anyway, you have vowed Task 1 - so that's a single Titan. Do you have its Class and maybe its name? 

@ Master Ciaphas: Ah, there you are. I see your aiming at a Venator Light Maniple - that's a great choice, the Warhounds are really cool models and the load-out (especially fo the Reaver) a perpetual discussion. Do you have any ideas - or will you go down the magnetising way? In either case, good luck mate! :tu:

@ shandwen: Another Gryphonicus player! And a Reaver Titan at that! Any plans for follow-up steps? 

-------------------------------------

When you complete a Titan take a solo picture of it and I will link it to the name in the first page, so each Titan will have its day in the sun! Also once the entire vow is complete, take a "family picture" of everything and I will link it next to the task link. That way this thread will become  great resource for AT and a source of inspiration for new members to join this great sub-community! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Titan’s of the Heresy start cropped

Here's my getting started image - as previously discussed Captain, I've already done the masking/spraying on the hazard lines and done some nuln oil over silver bits. Hope that's still okay to qualify.

Missing from image my Reaver 2, a second head and Volcano cannon arm from that kit to go on my Reaver 1 and the head, plasma arms and front carapace panels from the Warlord 2 sprue - all to be ordered this weekend.

@ shandwen: Another Gryphonicus player! And a Reaver Titan at that! Any plans for follow-up steps?

Well, I currently have a Warlord, a Reaver, and a pair of Warhounds all on the final stages of being painted, so the new Reaver is a must, just I haven't shared these as I am nowhere near as good of a painter as most of the others here.

Right time to flesh out my vow. 

My Titan for task 1 will be...

Burning Chrome  Reaver class battle Titan of Legio Atarus

Burning Chrome it is! 

Well, I currently have a Warlord, a Reaver, and a pair of Warhounds all on the final stages of being painted, so the new Reaver is a must, just I haven't shared these as I am nowhere near as good of a painter as most of the others here.

Rubbish - show us you work! Make a blog in the AT forum, you'll find people will be offering advice on techniques and general painting coaching! This is a community, not the Golden Daemon! :wink:

So, since I am also aiming at the Venator maniple.. what is the current consensus on weapons loadout ? I think I`ll try and magnetize them, but I am interested in what you guys consider a basic loadout? I am thinking Plasma blasters and megabolters as a Default load out currently.

I have also started putiing somemetallics on the locomotion parts....unwashed as yet…

gallery_66914_8104_315421.jpg

Names howver will have to wait untill I settle on a Legion ... Titandeath can`t get here fast enough!

VMB and Plasma is iconic I think and pretty versatile but the punch from a turbo laser seems handy. You can’t go wrong with a VMB + something imho*

*But I’m an idiot when it comes to gaming so maybe don’t listen to me

@shandwen I totally get where you are coming from. I was so nervous about sharing my painting. I’m a very average painter and my goal is a good tabletop standard, far below the work of many of the paint gods we are amongst here. But the Fraters of B&C are so supportive and although it sounds silly, the likes and comments really do help you keep momentum and keep painting, which is how we get better. So post some pictures, make a WIP thread, it can really help!

The name for the Reaver I vowed will be Grave Warden (no need for a Latin name on this poor fellow) of Legio Mortis! Just working on the last clean up and the base before he gets his black priming. I will share a picture of his state tomorrow.

So, since I am also aiming at the Venator maniple.. what is the current consensus on weapons loadout ? I think I`ll try and magnetize them, but I am interested in what you guys consider a basic loadout? I am thinking Plasma blasters and megabolters as a Default load out currently.

I have also started putiing somemetallics on the locomotion parts....unwashed as yet…

Hidden Content

gallery_66914_8104_315421.jpg

Names howver will have to wait untill I settle on a Legion ... Titandeath can`t get here fast enough!

We can discuss this point for ever, but a bolter heavy Warhounds and a Reaver wit ha heavy-hitter weapon (Cannon or Melta) should work fine. I'm sure people we'll make more suggestions but this I believe it to be a safe approach..

VMB and Plasma is iconic I think and pretty versatile but the punch from a turbo laser seems handy. You can’t go wrong with a VMB + something imho*

*But I’m an idiot when it comes to gaming so maybe don’t listen to me

@shandwen I totally get where you are coming from. I was so nervous about sharing my painting. I’m a very average painter and my goal is a good tabletop standard, far below the work of many of the paint gods we are amongst here. But the Fraters of B&C are so supportive and although it sounds silly, the likes and comments really do help you keep momentum and keep painting, which is how we get better. So post some pictures, make a WIP thread, it can really help!

This! ^ 100%.

The name for the Reaver I vowed will be Grave Warden (no need for a Latin name on this poor fellow) of Legio Mortis! Just working on the last clean up and the base before he gets his black priming. I will share a picture of his state tomorrow.

Done! :)

Excellent initiative, this is!

As for the armament of my Titans, I will be going for a twin Vulcan Mega-Bolter on one Warhound and twin Laser Destroyers on the other. I have not yet decided on the load-out for the Reaver - time will tell! 

The Reaver I will try to magnetize, but the two Warhounds will be getting the glue treatment!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Almost all of my Warhounds are equipped with Vulcan Mega Bolters. They're excellent for stripping shields so you can use your other weapon to punch the armour. I switch between Plasma and Laser, but I think the Plasma is more versatile.

AND POOM IS BACK!

It’s great to see you again! More so that an accomplished painter like you wants to engage in the Titans of the Heresy for hobby motivation! :woot:

So, does your Titan have a name?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright everyone, DuskRaider just completed the first Titan - the first page is updated accordingly. 

I have linked his post above to the relevant entry in the first page! :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I cant wait anymore, here is a starting pic of my vow.

Task 4: Two Venator Light Maniples for Legio Atarus (2 reavers & 4 warhounds)

http://i.imgur.com/GKWbrYW.jpg

I hope the bits I used to test few primers are okay ?

http://i.imgur.com/I0wQsAt.jpg

I feel like im cheating with two venators... so if I manage to finish these quickly I just might do something crazy???

Archived