Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

Back with just a small update. 

First up is the Legion Consul for the Iron Warriors list. I somehow managed to complete him the day after perturabo, but didn't just want to stick an update just for one mini 

UZQNq9Z.jpg

gadfnlz.jpg

The second model for the update is the Custodes event model. It's sat undercoated on my desk since release just watching me. 

v6qAPXI.jpg

9TIvoHu.jpg

FmPCK66.jpg

See, not an update for just one model. :) 

I used the Custodes to get me back into the painting mood after taking a mini break which was needed. 
I still need to finish an Omega and a Tactical Squad for the list, but completing over 2k in a month has me going nope to finishing them at the moment. 

On other projects though my sorting out my Death Korps/ Militia is slowly coming together with most of the command squad complete which should hopefully be the next update. 

A couple units of normal humans and I'll no doubt be back to the Legions. 

As always, thanks for looking. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, back with another small update. I decided to work on a piece for an eventual Militia list to go along with the test model I did a while ago. 

8VheXtl.jpg

Q5TAoys.jpg

The crew

xkCvrf5.jpg

And all together 

IvbBlXe.jpg

DR6sDds.jpg

I finished the gun some point last week, but decided to hold off until the crew were complete. Nothing special but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. 

Next up I've still half the command squad to complete and I've moved a second Terror Squad onto the desk. Still not wanting to tackle the remaining 15 Iron Warriors, so a couple small units of other projects before I return to them. 

@Pearson73: Thanks, it seems to be my go to for something different scattered around a force. 

@Kolgrim Deathhowl: Thanks :) 

As always thanks for looking.

Liking the blue of the artillery piece, the dusting of the wheels and supports is well done too.

Switching up the faceplate is something I like to do too, the eye is drawn to faces/helms anyways, so making one contrast to the rest makes it really stand out.

• 1 month later...

A new year and time for some progress. 

First up I finally got around to repainting a few more of the Death Korps in the way of the Company Command and the event only Quartermaster. 

Nzlw9iG.jpg

I also ordered myself a Sabre for a birthday present to myself. And then completely failed on resisting it until the day, so ended up giving myself a painted tank in the week :) 

vXKGi7n.jpg

YwpCX8l.jpg

w0u82bD.jpg

It's fairly basic as I was cautious with doing a hull in the metalic blue, so settled for half and half. 

But I'm happy with how it turned out. 

Next up on the desk is a second Sabre to complete the squadron, with a couple small squads to go between. 

Thanks for looking.

• 4 weeks later...

The 8th continues to get my attention at the moment. 

Completed the first five Assault Marines for a fifteen strong squad, they were originally marked for my Emperor's Children but we'll forget that for now. 

x8nT69d.jpg

I did try and apply a transfer as a Tat around his eye as a test to try and add something 'more' to the models. 

1JxhCSp.jpg?1 

I think it worked, but will try and add to a few others as I go, see how it pops with black. 

I also completed the rebuild and painting of another Terror Squad 

ALqkkAV.jpg

0f9aW55.jpg

Plans for the next update will be more of Night Lords, especially after seeing the previewed Terminators, never know by the time they're released I might have the bulk of the Legion ready. 

Thanks for looking. 

And with a mighty rumble an update arrives from orbit. 

I've had the pod for a while, but just never got around to sticking more than a undercoat down. But with my plan to get a chunk of the Night Lords updated and brought up to scratch it's finally happened. 

I settled on the two different transfers as while a pod is throw away I imagine one carrying an interned hero may receive more attention. With both of the smaller one's scythes pointing towards the 'front' panel with the winged reaper. 

FjdPG6s.jpg

ahCxoaf.jpg

2t4vxxp.jpg

And a final shot of Mr Levi disembarking 

ZAN7BE0.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

• 3 weeks later...

Took longer to complete this than I planned, but time for an update.

A five strong unit of Tartaros for the Night Lords. Boring options I know, but I need some can openers.  

V0evUIy.jpg

DZCbk3I.jpg

BRg7maM.jpg

I hadn't realised FW doesn't stock terminator combis any more, besides the two in the Cata special weapon set, so went for the normal combis as I didn't want to sacrifice my fingers cutting up plasma pistols like I did for the Iron Warriors. 

Next up should* be either the second Sabre or a second unit of Tarts.

* Note never goes to plan, my Raptors keep looking at me..

As always, thanks for looking :) 

The Apothecary on the left?  Based him on the Praetor Tribune and cut his arms off at the pads and used two old resin Tartaros arms from the bits box, the Chainglaive just from the set, though being one for power armour (hand) 

The vials and Narthecium I cut off off some Apothecary spares lying around, while the trophies came from the Night Lord Leviathan.

Pose wise I wanted him to look like he's striding forward and aiming down at a fallen foe. 

(other side) 

5lyLxYw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another little update, first up is a pod to go with one of the Terror squads, while I'm not currently using them my aim is to slowly complete them to break everything up

CyoWxjv.jpg

Nothing special but I've kept my theme of mostly metal. 

Next up is something that pulled my away from the partial Terminator unit on the desk. 

I've been playing around with lists and stuck a Vet squad together and got it in my head to convert a Praetor to go with them in a Dreadclaw. 

After playing around with parts and checking things out I couldn't get the Sevatar model as a base out of my head, which resulted in this. 

QWDLGVd.jpg

v0X9dR3.jpg

pYgWWVY.jpg

I've not came up with a name that fits him yet. Just that he's a junior officer within the two companies making up the Expedition Fleet's Astartes compliment. 

Next up is a toss between the a few things, I should finish the second Sabre, but... This freshly built Vet squad is in front of me. We shall see. 

Edited by Loquille

• 2 weeks later...

Reinforcements have arrived. 

Finished the first Standard Apothecary to help keep him alive. 

NrKb1C6.jpg

Which he needs. 

Though after my last game Apothecaries and 2+ saves are worthless, two jet bikes, one Heavy Bolter, the second Volkite managed to kill a Praetor and two members of a command squad... So many ones, so many..

Next up is a Vet squad for him to ride around with 

Cfk79lz.jpg

HUdsf2v.jpg

nWrR7jL.jpg

And a shot of them all together 

SDWlP4K.jpg

Next up should be a Plasma Support Squad, and the Vet's Dreadclaw I've reclaimed from the EC. 

As always, thanks for looking

Time for another little update. 

I finished the first five of a Plasma Support squad for the Night Lords. Well as finished as they can be without our beloved dealer. 

I seem to build a unit of these for each Legion, I can't help it.

I went for the scheme shown in Massacre for the support troops 

oAZXFW0.jpg

Which was nice to break up all the blue, and also matches what I'm doing for the Apothecaries and the eventual heavy support when I get to redoing/ expanding them. 

vJdGot6.jpg

WTOojWk.jpg

Now back to the other five. 

Thanks for lookign :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. 

Since the last updated I've finished a couple things, first up the second half of the Plasma Squad, I'll post a group shot of the ten together when they gain weapons. But quite pleased with them 

RtDwqRh.jpg 

I've also knocked out the Assault squad, I'd done the first five ages ago, but just never got back around to them. 

CxL9u4n.jpg

YkNJPti.jpg

And all together 

X8f5Sc9.jpg

I forgot to upload this with the last update, but I finally put some paint onto an Escher, rumours of them sitting on desk since release may or may not be true..

n0bqN6a.jpg

NhtJ5Gc.jpg

DpJNozP.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with her, I know the stomach could do with correcting, but I'm pretty pleased with the head. 

Next up on the desk is 15 Tactical finally getting paint, and I threw together a Voklite Heavy Support to work on alongside them, currently about a third of the way there. 

I've also stuck a second Escher next to them to hopefully work on. We shall see.

@Pearson73- Thanks dude, playing with the support scheme has got me wanting to just knock out more of them. 

Great work, the toned down NL scheme makes them look far more gritty and less 80's panel van mural :)

The Escher posing and scheme really hits the mark and the detail on the head, particularly the shaved sides looks awesome well done