Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

• 1 month later...

Back from the depths of the void. I ended up taking a while to get these done. But the hobby mojo returned and something having sat on the desk for a month was done over a few days. :) 

Anyway, onto the update. I decided to put a chunk of the old mk2's into another Veteran Squad to go in a Dreadclaw at some point. 

qpNanMa.jpg

XMYra9x.jpg

ZJu63aR.jpg

LlvkWRd.jpg

I decided when it came to building this unit I wanted to try and show all their options on the models, so all the melta bombs ect are there. I also decided to experiment with chains for the Bolters which I think works okay. The fourth image shows how they are in the Squad, a mixture of over the shoulder or hanging loose. 

Up next will either be Dynat and/ or the Leviathan Dread. Though I do still need to finish some of the armour in the form of another Vindicator and Proteus who have sat mid done for a while.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude. :) 

As always, thanks for looking. 

'The City burned, and it died. Yet through the sounds of great buildings falling a steady thud could be heard, coming closer. And through the great dust storm the great iron beast strode forth. 
And we wept.' 

The Leviathan walks. This came together pretty well, with the only issue being having to repaint a section due to sealing in a transfer and noticing it was off. I decided to keep him fairly light in terms of extras, I did think about doing something with the chain as it seems to be the same size as on the Contemptors, but decided against it in the end. Though I think keeping it plain helped give it the slightly worn look I wanted. I'm never sure if it's enough or too much/ not enough. 

g5Ebb44.jpg

Ojk7NE6.jpg

fuJeoef.jpg

wouGg0g.jpg

Next up will either be Dynat and/or a smaller Veteran Squad with Combi- Meltas to use up the last of the reclaimed II. 

@Dosjetka: Thankyou. 

@Freakshow668: Thankyou. 

@BjornFirewalker: Thanks dude. 

@megaVolt87: Thankyou.  I know, I decided I'd mix in the odd different head just to make it different. Everyone knows they look alike, so I imagine it would throw people to suddenly see someone different, even if it's just for a moment. I've got the last few being stripped. So will probably use them for the small Vet Squad which seems appropriate for the old mark. 

@Pearson73: Thankyou. 

Edited by Loquille

• 2 weeks later...

Back with another update. 

This time in the form on a six man Veteran Squad. I decided I needed something to really threaten armour in the Orbital Assault list. So I fully expect them to die to all of the intercept fire, sparing other important units. Or surviving and eating anything with an armour value with their 3+ explode result on the damage table. (tank hunters, and Dynat). 

4DuQa29.jpg

Dg2Dv8M.jpg

Q48KHn3.jpg

@Space Wolf:  Thankyou! I really do need to do that, stick all the painted stuff together :) 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude. 

As always thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...

Time for the first completions of the year! Or rather completion. 

So first up is The Harrowmaster Armillus Dynat.                    

a5eHatQ.jpg

2vpudTL.jpg

8L15FZ2.jpg

W3KRBir.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. The tattoo could do with some more refinement, but that can come at a later date, once I've got the hang of it. 

Next up is a poor White Scar that seems to have tripped. Oh no!

R1ztv1a.jpg

yg55FRY.jpg

dC84ii3.jpg

Hopefully it wont take me long to complete the reason he tripped. 

Well this didn't take long. 

The Hydra strides to war! 

dOz7Png.jpg

zNvn1hG.jpg

Cwje9Ap.jpg

jh7DniT.jpg

He came together a lot quicker than I expected, but it was nice to get back into the painting zone again. Now to decided what's next. 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thankyou.

@Trizin: Thanks dude.

@Brother Lunkhead: Thankyou. 

It's a White Scar on the base. I wanted a Legion to stand out compared to the colours of the Primarch and base, and be one of the Legions the Alpha Legion interacted with. 

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

The Legion continues to grow. 

I decided to knock out a couple more Tactical Squads from the pile of shame. So here's the third and fourth Tactical. 

Aq44uyl.jpg

X9blOGc.jpg

I also put another Primus Apothecary together for the Alphas, this time in Corvus Armour. 

GFs63Is.jpg

xi2QY1c.jpg

hJsk2jE.jpg

Up next is another two five strong Support Squads and a Warmonger Consul. Though I have a feeling I'll get distracted as usual (Hedonites..) 

Sagentus: Thankyou :) 

Triszin: Thanks!

Badgersinhills: Thanks dude.

Dwango: Thankyou!