Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

It's time for a few more of the Legion to march forth. 

This time in the shape of a Seeker Squad, 

9GzEynC.jpg

G5WjK39.jpg

For when my Lightning isn't around to snipe characters with Krakens, plasma is my second choice, so they're all rocking the faithful combi plasma. 

Bringing more of the same I completed this Plasma support a while a go, but couldn't get any pics of them until now. 

WkKRzDM.jpg

You may wonder, why all the Plasma? Sekhmet.. I need some way to bring them down. One day I'll kill them, one day.

As a bit of a palette cleanser I decided to do some work on my terrain, finishing off the second building and weathering them both up.

yCQbC6N.jpg

rawGFEQ.jpg

I decided to pull the mat out to see how much is still needed, obviously the other pieces are in progress, but I'm slowly getting there. 

ltEPcSf.jpg

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude :) 

As always, thanks for looking. 

What's a Legion without officers? 

After the local group started making plans for a large ZM game in the summer I thought I'd try out a couple different consuls. 

First up  a Preavian, currently waiting on his charges to arrive. 

Cj5Y0Vt.jpg

2JYGRjE.jpg

The second one I built up is a Siege Breaker to lead the ZM force. Pretty much for one reason. So I can throw Phosphex down corridors. :) 

ZXDrkZE.jpg

f4nRz2P.jpg

While this one isn't to do with the above, he's been on the desk for a while, a Warmonger, though I'm not sure when i'll use him. It ticks a box on completed options. 

OzoVGss.jpg

MHuhzMy.jpg

ORu3OX8.jpg

@Pearson73. Thankyou :) 

Something Skitters in the darkness. 

Jumping ahead of a few things I decided to make a start on the Praevian's friends. Decided to complete one as a test, and overall I'm happy with the look. 

fKLEGNP.jpg

4Uhqmdl.jpg

0Vzgy5a.jpg

And a final shot of him with the Praevian, two more to go. 

@Pearson73: Thankyou. I like the idea that he gives off the arrogant vibe compared to the others. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

The painting pile gets a little bit smaller. 'ignores the second pile growing..' 

First up I've finished a Heavy Support Squad, armed with Heavy Flamers for something different. Curious to see how they'll work in the Orbital Assault list, but they should help get rid of unwanted visitors in Zone Mortalis. 

73s1ub6.jpg

SZ0U1Ab.jpg

I4fr0bY.jpg

Next up is the second Vorax to go with the Praevian. 

3iBe70E.jpg

Next up on the station is the first five of the Assault Squad and a unit of Learnians that are getting some paint at last. 

@Badgersinhills:  Thanks dude :) 

The painting pile gets a little bit smaller. 'ignores the second pile growing..' 

Ha, story of all our lives right there!

Really nice work on these Alphas - I just went through the last few pages and they are very impressive (love the color tone as well).   :thumbsup:

The Lernaean finally make an appearance on the paint station after watching so many of their brothers pass through. 

Z7YlRNE.jpg

YK8NEc2.jpg

6IJrJLa.jpg

So these have been waiting a little while, I think all the scales put me off for a while, over thinking. But pretty simple when it came down to it. 

@Morngrym: Thankyou :) 

Up next should be the third Vorax, and if I don't get distracted a few Assault Marines.  

Super clean work, cranked out at good speed too, you're truly a hobby machine! An energy effect could look cool on the power axes and maybe some gore or scratching on those brutal chainfists? The heavy flamers could also benefit from heat stains on the nozzles.

• 3 weeks later...

From the dark the skittering returns. 

From working on them in between other stuff I've completed the third Vorax to join the Praevian, really like how they look together, though after a friend called them cute I can't stop thinking 'cute little murder machines' 

Kw5MRU0.jpg

sLOTNly.jpg

Dxyu6AP.jpg

Like the Vorax I've been doing bits and pieces on these pods in between everything else. . They've been 'done' for a while, but I just needed to get to the weathering stage with some of the other units to push myself to finish them. Two of them are rescues, and up close show, but they should blend in with the rest, as I still need a few more. 

nGK0L2V.jpg

w5nUKqd.jpg

And finally the last bit of progress for now in the shape of the first five Assault marines. 

9xOnaWB.jpg

@Pearson:  Thankyou :) I'm thinking of going back through them later on and looking at the axes and other power weapons. 

@Markus: Thanks! One of the aims with my Heresy stuff is to try and keep it all similar in style and basing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Air Assets incoming.

Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter 99510,

Piloted by Flight Lieutenant Sariah,

Launched from the Fleet Carrier Aspasia

This is a repaint of ol' reliable she takes part in most lists and is known for hunting characters with Kraken missiles, as you do.  :) 

I decided to play around with all sorts transfer wise to make it more individual and not an actual Alpha Legion asset. 

jiZLdSk.jpg

SA7lblu.jpg

cBzAvmb.jpg

SmsiJzL.jpg

I also managed to visit my local club last week and stick my gaming mat and completed terrain in there for use. 

h33RLuc.jpg

hjBcGxL.jpg

Two pieces, the bottom left and top right in the first picture aren't mine, as I still need to grab another couple pieces, but pretty happy with it all together now. Also means it's no longer taking up space. 

Two games down on it so far, first saw the Space Wolves give me a beating. While the second somehow saw me table a Thousand Sons force, not how I expected that to go. 

@Cadmus Tyro: Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Lets talk treason, or rather The Rewards of Treason. Completed the first of my Alpha Legion Invictus Suzerains.

LRwKVlh.jpg

LZN9pjQ.jpg

6LAdLzR.jpg

So only the one model for this update, but several bits and pieces in progress. The above unit may be jumping the queue though. :smile.:

@Pearson73: Thanks, I wanted to try and get it to look more like an actual aircraft with the small warnings and such, so glad it works. 

only another six to go.

Edited by Loquille

• 2 weeks later...

Courage and something something?

I finished my take on the Invictus Suzerains and their Land Raider this morning, completing another part of the current Coils list. 

0SltvRD.jpg

eRgkav1.jpg

bJRFUNc.jpg

Now they just need to survive long enough to have some fun. :) 

@pearson73: Thanks, That's what I was going for, looking more ornate, but not over the top like some of the other Legions. 

So, I got distracted and started a small side project. 

For the Khargan!

t2Alak5.jpg

ReHOHYy.jpg

RBzIGS2.jpg

@BjornFirewalker: Thanks dude.

@War of the Eagle: Thankyou.

@TheTrans: Thanks, it's nice to actually play a game on it knowing it's actually mine.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

My brain: I should paint more Alpha Legion before working on any more White Scars.

My brain: Consider it done!

Wait, not like that!!

So I couldn't help myself and had to paint Qin Xa's base before anything else. That poor Alpha legionnaire, though to be fair I did use a White Scar on the base of Alpharius. :)

AtblhSz.jpg

fhMEP4N.jpg

gtIoo4z.jpg

@BjornFirewalker: Thanks, it made a nice change.