Preparing for the ETL

Waldwolf

As seen in one thread, i am not alone preparing for the ETL this year.

Because of our suboptimal performance last year, i hope that we will best at least our dress wearing cousins ;)

So lets start the show rigt now!

What are your plans?

I have a box of burning of prospero, a box of wulfen, an assault sqaud for turning in WG with jumppacks and a box of hellblasters lying around. Oh i forgot the sw half of toth an claw, i think i should be able to build most of this and then see what the ETL will bring.

I will add my building progress in this thread, so lets rock this years ETL!

I have Dark Imperium, box of intercessors right now. Tooth and claw half incoming. I need to convert some intercessors to Huskarls (SS+TH Wulfen). Just going to primer grey and base coat

Vallejo Tyre Black and in a new scheme (restarting my army from ground up).

Edit: just unsure on how to build the intercessors right now and waiting.

I hope they release some melee dedicated Primaris in normal mk x armor and not Gravis/reiver armor pattern.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Can someone explain what ETL is for me?

Basically Its a forum competition with all the subforums groups (SM, SW, BA, GK, Xeno, IG) competing.

You make a vow fulfill that vow in the allotted time. If you finish a vow you can make another one up to 3(?) vows in total.

Thank you. Ok then I am preparing for that. I have the "Tooth and Claw" box incoming soon, and will paint up the squads in that box for the ETL.

Cpt.Danjou

I am not sure when it happens, but I think it's soon. I would get supplies ready and models built, prime if you can.

I have all the models that I want that are released. Right now I really need to find GW equivalents in Vallejo model air. Meanwhile I am building the stuff. After that I will prime them in batches and hopefully base coat. After that I should be ready for ETL.

I think ETL is the only reason I painted some of my stuff haha.  Could probably use the motivation again

I have tons of things assembled and primed or less.  If I can find the time I should be able to crank out a few candidates

-5xwulfen with 4 TH/SS

-2 stormwolf flyers

-6xaggressors

-10 intercessors

-20 BC/GH

-Various HQs with magnetized options

Never done anything for the ETL, I could use some motivation...

Painting a Wolfspear force and have:

15 Intercessors

5 Hellblasters

6 Thunderwolves (complete with 10 point Storm Shields... Thanks a lot GW)

3 Dreadnoughts

1 Iron priest

1 Repulsor

3 Agressors

3 Primaris Battle Leaders

All in various stages of not finished! Luckily (lazily) I've only painted 1 test model so far so have half that lot assembled and undercoated only, with the other half still languishing in boxes.

Should I put it all in 1 vow or look to spread it over 3?

Never done anything for the ETL, I could use some motivation...

Painting a Wolfspear force and have:

15 Intercessors

5 Hellblasters

6 Thunderwolves (complete with 10 point Storm Shields... Thanks a lot GW)

3 Dreadnoughts

1 Iron priest

1 Repulsor

3 Agressors

3 Primaris Battle Leaders

All in various stages of not finished! Luckily (lazily) I've only painted 1 test model so far so have half that lot assembled and undercoated only, with the other half still languishing in boxes.

Should I put it all in 1 vow or look to spread it over 3?

Definately break it up into manageable chunks, life happens and the last thing you want is ETL guilt.

I'm thinking

1 Cataphractii squad

2x5 Intercessors

2x5 Reivers

1x1 Repulsor

1x5 Wulfen

1x1 Primaris Lord in Gravis

??? number of Tartaros Terminators

1x1 Leviathan

1x1 Contemptor

That's just what's on my tables waiting for paint

I can drop a bit more if I start actually assembling crap

But dont forget that the ETL isn´t open yet. Just build the models you want to bring in and prime them. Everything else is not allowed before the ETL starts.

Last Year the ETL Timeframe was from May 1. to August 1.

So we have plenty of time to prepare and show the other forums that the fang is a force to count on ;)

But dont forget that the ETL isn´t open yet. Just build the models you want to bring in and prime them. Everything else is not allowed before the ETL starts.

So we have plenty of time to prepare and show the other forums that the fang is a force to count on ;)

I thought single color basecoat was okay. It would make sense as some of the paint scheme primer is their basecoat (ex: Death Guard)

So we have plenty of time to prepare and show the other forums that the fang is a force to count on :wink:

I thought single color basecoat was okay. It would make sense as some of the paint scheme primer is their basecoat (ex: Death Guard)

That what was i meant with "prime them" sorry.