Preparing for the ETL

Waldwolf

Giving this one a cheeky resurrect. I was reading through a similar Genestealer Cult Forum and was almost tempted, but I do want to finish (also start..)my Wolves.

Getting most things assembled now, even a bit of undercoating going on. Painted up a single test model and I'm happy with my Wolfspear colour scheme (pretty much the 30k legion scheme as it happens, see my portrait over to the left).

So... I assume there's no issues "assembling" some of my stuff with blutak? I want to keep the arms of the Intercessors etc off so I can get at them without slopping paint everywhere. I assume that's all above board as far as the ETL goes?

Giving this one a cheeky resurrect. I was reading through a similar Genestealer Cult Forum and was almost tempted, but I do want to finish (also start..)my Wolves.

Getting most things assembled now, even a bit of undercoating going on. Painted up a single test model and I'm happy with my Wolfspear colour scheme (pretty much the 30k legion scheme as it happens, see my portrait over to the left).

So... I assume there's no issues "assembling" some of my stuff with blutak? I want to keep the arms of the Intercessors etc off so I can get at them without slopping paint everywhere. I assume that's all above board as far as the ETL goes?

Good call I was thinking of making a poor mans event or something just for support. But yea I've def entered models that weren't 100% built yet, its never been an issue.

i have quite a large infantry force that is built for 30k, but im unsure if i want to commit to AoD or SW this year

I get that I'm a mod of the Fang, so this will likely come across as biased...but the Fang needs you.

The AoD turns its 9 loyal and all 9 traitor factions into 2 groups.

So basically its 9 factions forming a Loyalist team and 9 traitors forming a traitor team.

One more brush there is overkill.

Here in the Fang, we've never placed above 3rd.

We vow big, produce big and brag big. But our numbers are small.

We need every Wolf possible to vow for their home. Heck, I vow my 30k models here just to support the Aett.

The Space Wolves are known for punching above their weight. The bigger the foe, the greater the glory. Odds and theoretical are left to scholars, we want the thrill of the hunt. We want to bleed knowing we fought our fight.

We do the same here. We may not have the numbers, but you can be sure the Bolter and Chainsword recognizes the fangs of the Wolves.

Join us brother.

*storms out of his tacticarium, dropping Schematics of Cawl-pattern Equipment, Orders of the High Lords of Terra and newly cartographed Sector-Maps behind him*

ETL!? WHAT? E TENEBRAE LUX is approaching again?

Guess I have to make haste then, preparing everything in time.

Servs! Double the output on our Forges and assemble the Fleet!

______

This year I come better prepared.

Just need to attach some more brass etch runes and some additional bits here and there and then my main force will be ready.

(Also need to order and prepare the Shadowspear Box, once available)

Then I can prime everything and wait for ETL.

A spreadsheet with point values for everything I already have is done, only need to add the Shadowspear reinforcements.

This year I will also take active measures to cool down the room, to be ready if another heatwave tries to ambush my ETL efforts again. (...I am still convinced Magnus and his nerdy sons were responsible for that)

Also have more space, better tools and a better organized workshop than ever.

In addition I am already in the works of writing down some lore tidbits and flavourful texts and quotes for my units and characters, as another way to raise motivation for everyone during ETL.

i have quite a large infantry force that is built for 30k, but im unsure if i want to commit to AoD or SW this year

hmmm.

Might be back in wolves for ETL this year.

The Jackal Wolves approach.

Not a mod here, but still ABSOLUTELY unbiased like Lord Kjaran:

If I see you two NOT vowing for us in any capacity, I will have your traitor heads and mount them on my trophy rack!

(...and will probably convert a model depicting it!)

No really, we need every man and woman on deck for ETL.

Also we need well measured vows, a steady progress pace and completions this year! (I know I am one of the offenders aswell... I will try to rectify last year's failure. I cannot let it stand that the first ETL I participated in, was my best so far.)

*storms out of his tacticarium, dropping Schematics of Cawl-pattern Equipment, Orders of the High Lords of Terra and newly cartographed Sector-Maps behind him*

ETL!? WHAT? E TENEBRAE LUX is approaching again?

Guess I have to make haste then, preparing everything in time.

Servs! Double the output on our Forges and assemble the Fleet!

______

This year I come better prepared.

Just need to attach some more brass etch runes and some additional bits here and there and then my main force will be ready.

(Also need to order and prepare the Shadowspear Box, once available)

Then I can prime everything and wait for ETL.

A spreadsheet with point values for everything I already have is done, only need to add the Shadowspear reinforcements.

This year I will also take active measures to cool down the room, to be ready if another heatwave tries to ambush my ETL efforts again. (...I am still convinced Magnus and his nerdy sons were responsible for that)

Also have more space, better tools and a better organized workshop than ever.

In addition I am already in the works of writing down some lore tidbits and flavourful texts and quotes for my units and characters, as another way to raise motivation for everyone during ETL.

hmmm.

Might be back in wolves for ETL this year.

The Jackal Wolves approach.

Not a mod here, but still ABSOLUTELY unbiased like Lord Kjaran:

If I see you two NOT vowing for us in any capacity, I will have your traitor heads and mount them on my trophy rack!

(...and will probably convert a model depicting it!)

No really, we need every man and woman on deck for ETL.

Also we need well measured vows, a steady progress pace and completions this year! (I know I am one of the offenders aswell... I will try to rectify last year's failure. I cannot let it stand that the first ETL I participated in, was my best so far.)

Guess I should finish my truescale Lukas and get him ready for paint.

looks at my 16 replacement "primaris" bloodclaws, looks at 10 man carbine rievers, looks at new Twolf lord.

looks at shadow spear.

oh.

I have things, to paint.

oh, 2 Stormwolves. oh. I have a lot to paint

well, guess i better start priming my stuff. 

although having myself immortalised in model form sounds quite gratifying, even if it is only my head :wink:

on another note, anyone planning on doing some converting with the shadowspear stuff? was going to make a raptors force out of them, but i'll lump them into my ETL vows if i pick up the set

well, guess i better start priming my stuff. 

although having myself immortalised in model form sounds quite gratifying, even if it is only my head ;)

on another note, anyone planning on doing some converting with the shadowspear stuff? was going to make a raptors force out of them, but i'll lump them into my ETL vows if i pick up the set

Still waiting on what is inside. If there is a rapid troop transport that may go to the top of my list. Really hoping for some new melee Primaris.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see any mêlée primaries in this set. I'm expecting them in the next wave.

A new transport would be ace tho! Hoping there's one in the set

Aye, I fear we won't. This hurts as I feel a 10 man with 20 wounds and 20 attacks plus power weapons would really boost our codex. I have a hard time dealing with RG and UM because of intercessors and their synergy.

I've put my whole wolf force on hold (2000 pts at the moment, be more when the new Shadowspear stuff comes out) for this. I'll have them all mostly assembled and primed and aim to get the whole army done during the ETL.

I'm afraid to say that does mean I'm currently painting Tzeentch Deamons... but it's only mild heresy really! I'm painting them Ironically, I promise!

Previous etls. You could make as many vows as you wish.

There is a maximum value for a single vow and if you go over that allows CE you only get the maximum allowed points for the vow.

Previously the limit was 3000 points.

Only the first 5 vows count. Any additional vows are off the books.

This may change as captain semper likes to throw curve balls for each etl.

Edited by Dantay VI

Decapitated all my intercessors. Need your guys opinion though, stay with mk4/Primaris helmet for my standard troops or use this..

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15164/gallery_94113_15164_25557.jpg

(can't get images to work)

Or should I only use them for leaders.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson