Preparing for the ETL

Waldwolf

Decapitated all my intercessors. Need your guys opinion though, stay with more/Primaris for my standard troops or use this..

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15164/gallery_94113_15164_25557.jpg

(can't get images to work)

Or should I only use them for leaders.

Makes more sence for tank and file IMO. Our heroes need to show their faces to build their sagas.

*Which in making sence I realize doesn’t make sence but whatever we’re space wolves.

Edited by FearPeteySodes

I'd like some clarification, would a primary armor base-coat disqualify a model from being vowed? I have a decent number of my Wolves with only a Fang base-coat.Thanks in advance.

Historically that's been ok, however this years rules have yet to be released to us so unknown at this time

Greetings fellow wolves.

I am a returning player/model collector mainly i just love painting to the best of my abilities my space wolves, Its been a very long time since i was among you all, had to setup things with work and other boring life things, but now i am back in painting my beloved miniatures and from what i see its a good timing with ETL approaching.

Got me 2 packs of 3 thunderwolves assembled, a razorback with lascannons ready also got another one but its 60% done so its no bueno for etl, and i am pretty sure i got the wolf part of tooth and claw box somewhere around here. 

So should be set for the etl

Think I'll just split it into 3 vows, 1000 points each and do a mix of footsloggers, vehicles and HQ's in each one. Should get everything I own (and will soon own, Shadowspear box out soon) done and it's not too ambitious I don't think.

Big fan of those helmets Jarl Caldersson, and think I agree I'd put them on everything except your heroes.

• 3 weeks later...

what are the details for this ETL? I would like to join in

etl details for this year havent been posted yet.

it is confirmed to be happening, but I expect a announcement for the official start date next month

My stormwilf isn't going to be the greatest. The spray paint acted weird on it :/

Edited by Triszin

what are the details for this ETL? I would like to join in

etl details for this year havent been posted yet.

it is confirmed to be happening, but I expect a announcement for the official start date next month

My stormwilf isn't going to be the greatest. The spray paint acted weird on it :/

thanks @triszin. I guess I will keep plugging away on my space wolves and when the date is announced what ever project im on will get put in the ETL. im a slow worker anyways. 

• 3 weeks later...

Also just moved, but I have 4 out of 5 wulfen built and waiting plus tooth and claw. I also finished a repulsor build a week or two ago. Not sure how much I will pledge at first but I have options for sure. 

Edited by Kassill

Idk what it is, but my blue tack is just not holding anything together. Brand new from store too. Trying to figure if there is a glue that could just temporarily hold models together.

Otherwise, I totally lost track of where I was before my work trip. So trying to figure out where to pick up. Going to try and have 10 intercessors, 5 infliltrators+helix, and 3 eliminators done. Secondary objective is 5 hellblaster, 5 reivers done. I am hoping for another small Primaris release this month though, even if it is just the shadowspear standard units.

What do you guys think though for Primaris "not-wulfen" armor, reivers, intercessors, or intercessors with reiver arms?

Also again, glue for temp holding?

ive never actually painted a 40k unit to completion before, so i'll only be vowing 10 marines and a drop pod for my first vow. will hopefully be more than that for future vows, once i have everything figured out

painting is what i hate most about this hobby

however I did my first ever ETL last year and took pride in the challenge and models I completed (link in sig below)

great motivation

hope you enjoy it as much as i did

I have no fingertips anymore (Cutting and glueing 3-4mm long, thin objects and the positioning them straight was a huge pain up the arse...), but I can say that all my Primaris have Brass Etch Runes as Squad Markings - or for character models as decoration/honours.

Once I have some free time and get good, stable weather, I can prime them all...