Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update to Prot's Thousand Sons: Decimator, Goat, Ahriman

- - - - - thousand sons painted hobby chaos decimator Ahriman

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,985 posts

I wasn't gonna say anything but i should have

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,778 posts

So I actually picked up a "start Collecting TS" box. 

I just felt I was a few Rubrics short, and I definitely will eventually use the Tzaangors. 

Interestingly enough I thought to expedite the process I have gone and tried to use a Contrast Primer and blue paint to start the unit and see how I like it.

This would be stage 1:

med_gallery_2760_12702_93937.jpg

• WarriorFish likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,596 posts

Looks good. I balked at the idea of painting tzaangors normally and instead painted them with only GW washes and glazes over corax white. Saved me a lot of headache. Next ones will be done with contrast.

gallery_58096_7835_510500.jpg

• Prot and Rune Priest Ridcully like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,778 posts

Nice! That's great to see.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,596 posts

Nice! That's great to see.

More pics in my Legions plog. Skin is 2 -3 layers of cassandora yellow with a final lamenters glaze, armour is 4 - 5 layers of druchii violet, serpent is coelia greenshade. The horns are even more layers of cassandora yellow. Weapons are poor mans NMM using nuln oil as a wash, then multiple layers as a glaze to build intensity and shading. 

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

I've been experimenting with contrast too for Tzaangors, trying different shades of blue over various basecoats to give the unit some variety. it's great for daemons too! Talasar blue is a good choice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thousand sons, painted, hobby, chaos, decimator, Ahriman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users