Update to Prot's Thousand Sons: P2 Scarab Occult finished!

Prot

haha. I know. Prot does this though. He does incredible work and eventually sells the army in order to fund other projects. It must be hard to let go but the models look awesome and anyone would be happy to own them.

Edit: It'll probably be out of my price range but would love to make them an addition to my small force.

Thanks very much folks.

I am not sure I will sell. I'm always trying to fuel the next project, but I have to admit this iteration of Thousand Sons may not be top competitive (remains to be seen) but the flexibility of the play and depth added by the Infernal Master and Cabal Points is really a lot of fun. The depth is just a lot better than the last codex.

• 4 weeks later...

So here we go.

I'm not going to put the whole image dump here. You can see it on my blog if you wish. https://prot40k.wpcomstaging.com/2021/09/21/thousand-sons-hobby-update-army-status/ But needless to say, I posted all of the painting figs I've done in this redux of my Thousand Sons.

What a painstakingly slow army to paint! These are supposed to be eBay shots, but I'm still leaning towards keepin' em!

This took me a few weeks to add my new troops and I made a bunch of "Aspiring Sorcs" that can double as HQ Sorcs so I can add that flexibility to the army:

Prot-TS-Fresh-Troops-1.jpg?resize=768%2C

This includes the improved Reaper Cannon, and some additional flamer.

HQ's:

PROT-ORIGINAL-THOUSAND-SONS-GROUP-CHAR-S

And we got the full army shot here:

Prot-TS-new-army-paint.jpg?resize=768%2C

All the effort is always worth it with Sons, all the more so here :) The colours come together so well, the brightness and contrast to them very Tzeentch! I need to get a bit more time to get back to my sons, but next stage is the blocking in which I always approach with some trepidation...