Reinhards Primaris Crusade

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you. Dont go back and fix stuff or you wont move forward.

That being said there is some bases in my army I should fix....

Nice work on the sharp Highlights and strong contrast with the light base

These look good, I always look forward to your work, as I am thinking about adding more primaris and seeing good ones inspires me.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

My next ETL vow has arrived!

gallery_65134_15160_328647.jpg

If you feel you've seen these two before recently, you wouldn't be wrong, as these two were assembled and converted by our very own Eberious of Ouroborous Crusade fame. After seeing his stellar dreadnought I contacted him to see if he were willing to do a comission for a similiar dread for myself and I'm very glad he agreed. Ended up asking for a champion too, again something I'm very happy I did as I'm particularily pleased with how he turned out.

Converting a champion had been a project in my mind for quite some time, and he was able to take all the various ideas and musing I had and go with them and implement them far better than I could've hoped to do on my own.

I'm a very giddy Crusader right now.

My next ETL vow has arrived!

snipped

If you feel you've seen these two before recently, you wouldn't be wrong, as these two were assembled and converted by our very own Eberious of Ouroborous Crusade fame. After seeing his stellar dreadnought I contacted him to see if he were willing to do a comission for a similiar dread for myself and I'm very glad he agreed. Ended up asking for a champion too, again something I'm very happy I did as I'm particularily pleased with how he turned out.

Converting a champion had been a project in my mind for quite some time, and he was able to take all the various ideas and musing I had and go with them and implement them far better than I could've hoped to do on my own.

I'm a very giddy Crusader right now.

Is it bad that as soon as I read Eberious' comment that the Redemptor and Primaris Emperor's Champion were a commission for a member of the B&C I thought to myself "these are for Reinhard, aren't they?"? Because I totally was thinking to myself "Hmm... Which Black Templar user really likes Primaris?" Then I remembered we have one who likes them to the point where his profile picture is of one ;)

Glad to know my funky voodoo shenanigans at guessing things are still correct :lol:

I expect to see those painted soon brother. :tu:

Dunno how much hobby time I'll have this weekend, but the Champion's come along nicely. I just really really wanted to paint him (To be fair, I really really want to paint the dreadnought too, but that one I KNOW I won't have time for)

gallery_65134_15160_806687.jpg

Sword has the most work remaining, and I'm frankly a bit unsure of what to do with the blade, aside from cleanup, to make it pop.

Looking good, with my Limited ed EC I run 'ard coat varnish up the groove that runs up the middle of the blade. Gave it some deepness and made the rest of the blade stand out. Will try and take a pic tomorrow for ya. 

fantastic work!! 

are there any Neophytes in your army? 

give us a bat rep when they hit the table! 

No neophytes as of yet. This is a pure primaris crusade, and there's no way to field any yet bearing that in mind. The old scout models are woefully in need of a refresh as well.

I have been toying with the idea of perhaps doing something using the new enforcers for necromunda (are those even out yet?)

If Primaris indeed still uses scouts/neophytes as their means of getting new marines, I'm hoping we'll see a proper new kit for them down the line.

Edited by Reinhard

If they do, then I would entirely expect GW to not miss the opportunity to make that extra money!

I agree on the plastic scouts, worst GW sculpts in the SM range in my view. (Particularly those gigantic heads.) It's the entire reason that I have about 30 unpainted old school metal scouts.