Reinhards Primaris Crusade

Don't know if you finished the sword, but here's what I did with the same blade style I based yours on. 

Bgw87Nq.jpg

Run just a line of 'ard coat varnish up the middle groove(or Fuller as I decided to look it up). The blade had a slight dry brush of a light grey before hand leaving the fuller a darker shade of black/grey. 

Edited by Eberious

So... I took the train to the next town over, went to see a friend, but also stopped by a flgs to pick up the new fangled Executioner as well as 'ard coat to try the Fuller thing... except i forgot the 'ardcoat at my friends.

Figure I might just calll the champion done for the purposes of the ETL, with the mental note to try out the different method of doing the sword later when i've gotten my 'ard coat.

Meanwhile, I've actually gotten a fair ways with the Redemptor this past week

gallery_65134_15160_866165.jpg

Need to tidy him up, finish up the various details, like the shield design etc, add a transfer or two

Lol, dam it. Get them to send it to you. And looking good, could you get a few more pics of the right, left and back please? Would like to see more of what you did with the details.

Cheers,  

So, the dreadnought is pretty much finished, though i'll probably obsess over minor details for a while yet.

med_gallery_65134_15160_325890.jpgmed_gallery_65134_15160_65647.jpg

med_gallery_65134_15160_334023.jpgmed_gallery_65134_15160_16162.jpg

And since it was magnetized, here it he is with the plasma cannon instead:

med_gallery_65134_15160_85246.jpgmed_gallery_65134_15160_2116.jpg

Realize if I had vowed him for the plasma incinerator instead of the onslaught, the vow would've been worth 1 more point... Basically a valuable lesson in that tactical play might be useless if you're operating with false information :ermm:

Next wow will feature the alluded to Executioner in my previous post.

Goddamn those shoulders look impressive painted up. I am the jelly.

On the topic of vowing more units: do I habe to revow upon completion of my first vow? Because right now my urge to revow is struggling with my urge to defeat my pile of shame

Great job! I love the little extra bits you added on. You really took advantage of the very posable legs/feet on the model too - the pose/base looks great together. Definitely an inspiration piece!

Great job! I love the little extra bits you added on. You really took advantage of the very posable legs/feet on the model too - the pose/base looks great together. Definitely an inspiration piece!

Have to stop you right there. The posing, placement of extra bits, the conversion: all of it was done by the member who posted right before you. A modeling comission.

I agree though he did a bang up job, just happy that my paint splatter has done it a small amount of justice ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't added a Castellan for a while, so let's fix that.

med_gallery_65134_15160_90686.jpg

Given that I paint them in Swordbrother colours, it occurred to me when I took a new group picture, that they're kinda looking like a squad of swordbrothers.

gallery_65134_15160_267132.jpg

Oh and some progress on the third hover brick:

gallery_65134_15160_173355.jpg

Need to dust him off before I progress, sheesh.

I believe they are in fact, yes, so it lends credence to my choice of using the SB colours.

I think they're rarely depicted as wearing the SB colours though, usually its the standard black and white pauldrons, same as with our Marshals (this is the case for most instances  in the 4th edition codex... in the 8th edition SM codex there's even a converted DI Primaris Castellan that has white pauldrons with a gold trim)

Given that Primaris don't have any other veteran units (unless you upgrade an intercessor squad with a stratagem), I feel the army needed the colour palette so I'm not regretting the choice

I'd like an actual squad though, all armed similarily

I too love painting castellans. For hqs I just paint their pauldrons in whatever way I am "feeling" right then.

But you are right, thinking about it, I should paint some more classic white shoulders.

Looks great as we are used from you Reinhard. Also really enjoy the "lt squad". That one does have the best pose out of all of them though

Here is how I color code them:

Castellans: red cords against black but with gold detailing on decorative elements, possibly Pauldrons as well (as opposed to silver for standard sword brethren's aquilas and such).

For Marshals, I do white Pauldrons, with gold trim, and black crosses with red lining like Helbrecht's.

• 3 weeks later...

So I painted another Veteran Sergeant Swordbrother. He's a bit of two for one deal, as I got to paint my first ever ork too:

gallery_65134_15160_205144.jpg

Yeah, he needs clean up, oh boy.

And though it was completed weeks ago, I'm not sure I ever posted the completed Executioneer here:

gallery_65134_15160_554090.jpg

Not sure if this will mark the end of my ETL participation or not. Have one more vow left, but nothing to paint, and the new stuff will be cutting it rather close to the deadline