Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A clean slate - Reinhards Primaris Crusade

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,420 posts

Red Templar is best Templar.

just if its a black templar who slained so much heretics that his armor is full of heretic blood.

• Black Blow Fly, SufficientAnonymity and DranuTemplar like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,145 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
And the red glows from the eternal pain and shame.
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

Has someone been watching the same Darren Latham video I just have perchance?

I've been religiously watching his videos for how to paint Black armour, faces, power swords. Heck I even redid my apothecary helm a while back after having watched his video on how  to paint white power armor tongue.png

His video on how to do flames popped as I was literally taking this guy in from priming.

EDIT: Oh yeah, purity seals too.

Amazing! How many of those flaming braziers come with the Salamanders upgrade pack?

Great choice of bits for that guy and I feel like new sisters will also give us a new range of plastic gothic bits to work with.

Two. One per sprue, which you get two of. And yeah knew I wanted to get one, the minute i saw it. Beats trying to get some rarer bits of bitssellers (like the torches on Guillimans base would be a good choice too... these are far easier to get a hold of though.) Think I'll use my other one on an existing castellan 

Edited by Reinhard, 07 November 2019 - 07:08 AM.

• JAG Templar and Brother Adelard like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,629 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm painting the FW Ven Dread at the moment. His video on purity seals in different shades is proving invaluable. The damn thing is smothered in them!

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

A "I'm not dead yet!" update.

Haven't done too many new things since last time, the current state of things hasn't inspired much in the ways of new models, so I've done mostly stealth work on my existing models. (Some of which can be seen in the first post of the thread)

Basicly the only newly painted this update, a new sergeant for my squad of Autobolter intercessors:

med_gallery_65134_15160_362272.jpg

While I was satisfied with the outcome of the previous sergeant, the model didn't actually have an auto bolt rifle. This technically meant I could toss him into any squad, if I wanted them to have a chainsword, but since I'm using the Salamander upgrade kits transfer numerals on my squads now, I figured I wanted the sergeant model tied to the auto bolt rifle squad to have an actual auto bolt rifle, and I had the bits laying around.

Anyway, he's a bit rough the edges, especially compared to my previous swordbrother sergeant, so some more polish is in order.

Next update should contain a bit more substantial entry.

• Bjorn Firewalker, vossyvo and SufficientAnonymity like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,047 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the SGT. What act of valor did he commit to earn the power sword? Kill a Chaos sorcerer, a xeno witch, or an enemy superheavy tank in a near-suicidal attack?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

Honestly, its high time I committed the time to work out some proper fluff for the crusade. Give it a name, a crusade badge, and dedicate some deeper thoughts about who the individual members are, rather than it just being "Reinhards Primaris Crusade" with no name.

I've got a few ideas, such as since the crusade is entirely made out of Primaris marines a large chunk of them are "Indoctrinated", while a core chunk of the Crusade will be "Ascended" veterans from my previous Crusade. The Sergeant above would likely be an Indoctrinated initiate who likely earned the power sword and right to lead the squad after charging and taking an enemy position.

I don't play nearly as often as I'd like, so I don't have a stream of game event based 'organic fluff' to take from, sadly.

• Eberious, vossyvo and SufficientAnonymity like this

Eberious

Eberious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts

Pretty much how I'm doing my fluff. Vet's and survivors of the Suoirebe Crusade, now leading the Primaris in the way Templars make war, prayer and such. I did have a good chunk written out to cover what happened to the old crusade, having taken heavy losses etc, and being reinforced with Primaris,  and why I've named my new Crusade what I have. But I've lost it, and not very good at the whole fluff. 

Like Thunder from the sky, sworn to fight and die.
~IN HOC SIGNO VINCES~   "In this sign you will conquer"

"When you hear the trumpet Blast
Know, foul xenos, Black Templars have come at last."

gallery_48988_6285_2678.png L_T_3_2017_Badge_01_Centurion.jpg

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

A "I'm not dead yet!" update.

Haven't done too many new things since last time, the current state of things hasn't inspired much in the ways of new models, so I've done mostly stealth work on my existing models. (Some of which can be seen in the first post of the thread)

Basicly the only newly painted this update, a new sergeant for my squad of Autobolter intercessors:

*snip*

He's very clean - well done. I feel you on not being that inspired by the new models.  I've been back and forth on what to get, but have ended up moving away from the more recent releases. The only things I've got from wave two are a Phobos Lieutenant and an Invictor. I'm crossing fingers for some heavy, close combat, or veteran units in the coming years.

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
Speaking of being inspired by new models, I really want to nab Mephiston's backpack for a Castellan or Marshal. It doesn't have any BA-specific iconography, and I love those little spikes.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

WIP of the Impulsor that I've had on my to do pile for quite a while now.

med_gallery_65134_15160_111715.jpg

A lot of lines, a lot of cleanup. Somewhat unsure how I feel about it, but he does fit in fairly well with all of his repulsor big brothers

• Bjorn Firewalker, vossyvo, Brother Adelard and 1 other like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,629 posts
I know what you mean about the general uncertainty around it. But it does look good in black.

Edited by Brother Adelard, Yesterday, 02:17 PM.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
Looking good (and thanks for some encouragement to do some more work on the half-painted Repulsor hull sat on my coffee table).

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users