Reinhards Primaris Crusade

Has someone been watching the same Darren Latham video I just have perchance?

I've been religiously watching his videos for how to paint Black armour, faces, power swords. Heck I even redid my apothecary helm a while back after having watched his video on how  to paint white power armor :tongue.:

His video on how to do flames popped as I was literally taking this guy in from priming.

EDIT: Oh yeah, purity seals too.

Amazing! How many of those flaming braziers come with the Salamanders upgrade pack?

Great choice of bits for that guy and I feel like new sisters will also give us a new range of plastic gothic bits to work with.

Two. One per sprue, which you get two of. And yeah knew I wanted to get one, the minute i saw it. Beats trying to get some rarer bits of bitssellers (like the torches on Guillimans base would be a good choice too... these are far easier to get a hold of though.) Think I'll use my other one on an existing castellan 

Edited by Reinhard

• 4 weeks later...

A "I'm not dead yet!" update.

Haven't done too many new things since last time, the current state of things hasn't inspired much in the ways of new models, so I've done mostly stealth work on my existing models. (Some of which can be seen in the first post of the thread)

Basicly the only newly painted this update, a new sergeant for my squad of Autobolter intercessors:

med_gallery_65134_15160_362272.jpg

While I was satisfied with the outcome of the previous sergeant, the model didn't actually have an auto bolt rifle. This technically meant I could toss him into any squad, if I wanted them to have a chainsword, but since I'm using the Salamander upgrade kits transfer numerals on my squads now, I figured I wanted the sergeant model tied to the auto bolt rifle squad to have an actual auto bolt rifle, and I had the bits laying around.

Anyway, he's a bit rough the edges, especially compared to my previous swordbrother sergeant, so some more polish is in order.

Next update should contain a bit more substantial entry.

Honestly, its high time I committed the time to work out some proper fluff for the crusade. Give it a name, a crusade badge, and dedicate some deeper thoughts about who the individual members are, rather than it just being "Reinhards Primaris Crusade" with no name.

I've got a few ideas, such as since the crusade is entirely made out of Primaris marines a large chunk of them are "Indoctrinated", while a core chunk of the Crusade will be "Ascended" veterans from my previous Crusade. The Sergeant above would likely be an Indoctrinated initiate who likely earned the power sword and right to lead the squad after charging and taking an enemy position.

I don't play nearly as often as I'd like, so I don't have a stream of game event based 'organic fluff' to take from, sadly.

Pretty much how I'm doing my fluff. Vet's and survivors of the Suoirebe Crusade, now leading the Primaris in the way Templars make war, prayer and such. I did have a good chunk written out to cover what happened to the old crusade, having taken heavy losses etc, and being reinforced with Primaris,  and why I've named my new Crusade what I have. But I've lost it, and not very good at the whole fluff. 

A "I'm not dead yet!" update.

Haven't done too many new things since last time, the current state of things hasn't inspired much in the ways of new models, so I've done mostly stealth work on my existing models. (Some of which can be seen in the first post of the thread)

Basicly the only newly painted this update, a new sergeant for my squad of Autobolter intercessors:

*snip*

He's very clean - well done. I feel you on not being that inspired by the new models.  I've been back and forth on what to get, but have ended up moving away from the more recent releases. The only things I've got from wave two are a Phobos Lieutenant and an Invictor. I'm crossing fingers for some heavy, close combat, or veteran units in the coming years.

A final sergeant (honestly ,what will I do with them all?) based on the last ETB intercessor I had on my to do pile for a while now. Also finally got to use that Space wolves upgrade sprue chainsword which I'd been sitting on for the better part of the past year.

Lighting leaves much to be desired, so the picture is fairly fuzzy.

med_gallery_65134_15160_199729.jpg

I like doing a light grey and then heavily washing it with every wash that touches the Mini.

I envision something like the tubes used for dishwashers and washingmachines. they will collect all sorts of oils and grime so they get dirty. Thats also how I do tubing on heavy bolters and stuff like that.

Your faces were always good Reinhard, but the amount of practice you are having Shows. Cudos.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 6 months later...

I haven't posted since last year? Let's change that.

Gotta get back into the groove of things again before I get my mits on the Indomitus box. And what a model to get me back on track;

the High Chaplain himself, embiggened to be the same height as all his peers:

gallery_65134_15160_1082160.jpg

For those a little curious as to the conversion (because yes, it is a conversion) look no further than here for the genius of its composition. Once again I comissioned our very own Eberious to make me the Primaris character GW so far has failed to provide, and I am not disappointed.

The paintjob for it's part is mostly complete, baring a few obvious parts that hasn't gotten enough attention, some clean up, and the customary base tuft.

Edited by Reinhard