2. Shade: Nuln Oil
  3. Contrast: Blood Angels Red
  4. Layer 1 (all layers are only on the coils): Evil Sunz Scarlet
  5. Layer 2: Wild Rider Red
  6. Layer 3: Troll Slayer Orange
  7. Layer 4: Fire Dragon Bright
  8. Layer 5: Yriel Yellow
  9. Layer 6: Flash Gitz Yellow

The first layer was all over the coils, and each successive one was further and further towards the middle. The result is really, really good. I'll take a picture of my Indomitus LT later on tonight when I'm done with the backpack so you can see. Because as a Dark Angels player, all my weapon casings are Red as well.

Hmm, I'll have to try something along these lines

Yeah, the result is pretty good. This is my Indomitus Lieutenant for reference with the "red gun with proper Volkite Coil colours":

TIaqjGL.jpg
Edited by Gederas

My plan is to paint the Volkite Pistol's casing white. I originally planned on doing gold (like for all Sword Brethren/Castellan weapons) but that would mean three metallics on one object (gold casing, gunmetal grip + mechanisms, and then brass for the sections that the 'Eavy Metal studio painted brass on the UM mini). Red was out of the question because he'd be painted in SB colors, which would be a bit much. I think that white will contrast with the red-orange coils and add a bit more variety to the mini. 

Not dissing your mini btw, they all look really good! I'm always excited when this thread is updated.

Small update today, but Judiciar-kun was left neglected too long. Interrogator chaplain head fit him perfectly after i removed those arrowheads along the seam.

med_gallery_65134_15160_220019.jpg

Not completely done, but as usual gives a good indication of where he's headed.

My plan is to paint the Volkite Pistol's casing white. I originally planned on doing gold (like for all Sword Brethren/Castellan weapons) but that would mean three metallics on one object (gold casing, gunmetal grip + mechanisms, and then brass for the sections that the 'Eavy Metal studio painted brass on the UM mini). Red was out of the question because he'd be painted in SB colors, which would be a bit much. I think that white will contrast with the red-orange coils and add a bit more variety to the mini. 

Not dissing your mini btw, they all look really good! I'm always excited when this thread is updated.

Yeah I actually backpedaled on painting all my castellans in SB colors. If I still did, red casing would've been out. We'll see what I do once I get back to him

Minor update, one of the Outriders.

med_gallery_65134_15160_198378.jpg

Most of the alterations were actually done to hide som ugly seems and such as I had some difficulties when assembling the model. Worked out okay, but I'm kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel now for some of my templary bits.

Two more bikes. Barely done any alterations to these, mostly on account of being out of bits, need to raid a bits store.

gallery_65134_15160_181047.jpg

Also, this means I've largely finished Indomitus, just gonna do some additional filing before I make that a definitive statement

(oh and I technically haven't done half the assault intercessors. Waiting on that multipart kit first)

I don't often venture out from Ultramarines and general Space Marines, but just by chance I check out these models and I'm reminded I should use the whole forum more often - what a great paint scheme and quality work all round.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So, I haven't updated this thread in a while. Haven't done too much hobbying lately, but what I have done has been split between some additional things, as well as just improving the old.

What units are new are the additional assault intercessors from the multipart kit but also from the paint set that had 3 unique poses. Oh and the techmarine.

Considerable portion of the time spent was also dedicated to going over old things, such as redoing some castellans and sergeants whose faces i wanted to improve, adding chains to some old intercessors, or just generally cleaning up the paintjob on my black horde.

So in no particular order:

gallery_65134_15160_456462.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_402977.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_366136.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_153020.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_264405.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_130753.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_193868.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 2 months later...

Three months since I did a post, so lets have one shall we?

Even though I'm putting a lot of stock into the rumors we have of upcoming new templar, meaning I should perhaps be waiting and go light on new purchases, I still haven't been able to resist the recent releases of swole primaris marines and multipart blade guard.

So 3 multipart bladeguard veterans join the 3 from Indomnitus

gallery_65134_15160_827555.jpg

I particularly like this one, because of the pose (even though that's pretty much a stock pose from the booklet)

med_gallery_65134_15160_118445.jpg

Eradicators with multimeltas and a sergeant join the 3 Indomnitus ones, who had lacked a sergeant until now (almost as if I had planned this):

gallery_65134_15160_431536.jpg

Heavy intercessors... only just now realized this is WIP shot. I'll take a complete shot when I've finished the next 5 that are on my desk.

gallery_65134_15160_241441.jpg

The new Gravis Captain, and then a converted chaplain. Essentially this picture is the head and body of papa smurf, put to better use :wink:

med_gallery_65134_15160_10598.jpg

• 4 weeks later...