Have you invested in Primaris, and if so, how much?

Ishagu

It's been almost two years now since Primaris made their debut and I'm curious to see how many people have jumped on board and invested in them. I actually think GW have been too slow in expanding the range but it has allowed me to collect multiple of all the kits and have them ready for play...

I have the following fully panted and ready for play:

-Primarnius Calgar

-Gravis Captain

-Limited Edition Captain with Fist and Plasma

-Librarian

-4 Lieutenants including Calsius and 500th store model

-Apothecary

-Chapter Ancient

-2 Victrix Guard

-25 Intercessors, Sgts with Swords, Fists, naked, etc

-10 Reivers

-10 Hellblasters

-5 Aggressors

-3 Inceptors

-2 Redemptors

-2 Repulsors

I have the following but not yet built/painted:

-20 Infiltrators

-3 Eliminators

-3 Suppressors

-Phobos Captain

-Phobos Librarian

-Phobos Lieutenant

So yes. I really can't wait for the next batch of releases. I don't feel the army covers all bases by itself - it lacks dedicated anti tank and fast moving assault units. Hurry GW!

Edited by Ishagu

I haven't, yet. As I have mentionned in the various threads related to primaris hype (or lack thereof), it's more difficult to fit primaris models in my BT or wolf armies than in a classic ultramarine gun line. Once the range expands to include decent melee units though I have no doubt I will get my hands on some. Edited by Ciler

So far I've invested in three easy-to-build Intercessors and three easy-to-build Aggressors. Suffice to say I haven't committed fully to Primaris when I've got a large model backlog. When more of my models are painted I will consider getting some more.

I invested in Dark Imperium, mostly because I need all the Death Guard. I will only use the intercessors, ancient, Lieutenants, and hellblaster from the box.

Tooth and claw SW half. Again only intercessors and Lieutenant. Redemptor is in the air.

A box of intercessors for converting to Huskarls (SS/TH)

That is it. The lack of transports and melee units with special weapons is what hurts me. SW should me in the thick of combat. Give me those 2 things and chapter specific units and I will buyuch more.

Oh and give us Primaris termies with deep still, 2+ and invuln saves. Not this dumb (imo) Gravis armor.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Well... I have:

The Primaris Half of Dark Imperium + one each extra of the Characters (converted)

Store Anniversary Fist+Plasmapistol Captain

500 Stores Lieutenant taking his Helmet off

Wake the Dead Lieutenant

Haldor Icepelt

Apothecary and Chaplain, mixed up zo make two Wolf Priests

16 Reivers (6 of those easy to build, but converted with pieces from the regular kit, one made into a special character)

Redemptor Dread

3 Aggressors with Flamers (Easy to build)

3 Aggressors with Bolters and Rockets

Marnar Coldhammer ("Who is this Marneus you speak of?") and his two Shieldbearers

And a Box of 10 extra Intercessors, with atleast some of them ending up as conversion fodder, I'm sure.

So far 'missing' are only the Easy to Build Redemptor Dread, regular Hellblasters and the Tank.

I've been actively stopping myself from buying more Primaris stuff since I didn't want to build up another huge backlog for them so currently I only have:

Dark Imperium starter box (1x10 Intercessors, 1x3 Inceptors, 1x5 Hellblaster, 1x Gravis Captain, 1x Primaris Ancient, 2x Primaris Lieutenant)

1x10 BA Intercessors

1x10 Reiver

1x Redemptor Dreadnought

1x Repulsor

That'd be:

125€/2 = 62.5€

50€

45€

55€

65€

So a total of 277.5€ but since I'm usually buying from a 3rd party it's more like 222€ actually.

Fully (or almost fully) painted of that are the Redemptor Dreadnought, 10 Intercessors, 3 Inceptors, 1 Gravis Captain, 1 Primaris Ancient and 1 Reiver. I'm not intending to stop buying Primaris, especially if GW finally releases some cool melee unit but for now I'll focus on actually finish painting what I have. :P

The DI set, one box of Intercessors, one box of Reivers, and all the Conquest stuff up to issue 14. Don't see the need for more than that since my army is also built using non-Primaris. Using a couple of Intercessors for an Iron Snakes Killteam though.

2x Primaris contents of the Dark Imperium box set (I traded the DG with someone for the other half), plus a Repulsor.

I converted one of the ancients into an Apothecary with some oldmarine bitz I had on hand.

Will I buy more?

Eh. It's an addiction. For now, though, I honestly have little idea in terms of direction, and am getting frustrated by how ineffective my whole army is. 173 models... No, wait, it's more than that now, since I've been gifted some 30-odd oldmarines by my dad as he's doing a clean out. 14 years in the hobby, and I've stuck with my DiY chapter all that time...

Ive got Dark Imperium and Tooth and Claw waiting for some more illumination on how they'll be handled for the snowflake chapters. I was all ready to bump them up in the priority when the Indomitus Crusaders detachments were previewed but was sad when that rug got pulled.

I bought heavily into them when they first came out because they were cheap to buy, yet to get a decent force together but probably got a little over a company's worth at easily half the price. £17 for an Intercessor squad is just too good to pass up. :D

At the moment I am nearly finished on a basic fully painted battalion, three ten man Intercessors, LT and a Captain but I really don't like the Inceptor, Gravis or Reiver variants. 

I'll be using mine as part of a Crusade so other than maybe a Repulsor I'll be relying on other forces of the Imperium to support them.

Why is your army ineffective? You need to build a list and not just add random units. Anyways, that's moving off topic...

Largely because from 5th-7th it was a Steel Rain list...

I was hoping the Primaris would help me gain more staying power, but I've been tabled in the vast majority of my games in 8th. This after walking away with the "Best General" prize at my last tournament in 7th :(

I love the Primaris line, I've gotta say, though. They've been some of my favorites to paint!

(edit: my latest list concept is up in the army lists section here)

Edited by Deafbok

Guest MistaGav

Ooo now let's see what I've got from my DA army alone:

Gravis Captain, Regular Captain, PF captain

Librarian
Chaplain
Apothecary
2 x Ancients

Lost count of how many lieutenants but nearly all of them

6 Aggressors

10 Reivers

20 Intercessors

30 Hellblasters

16 Inceptors (10 bolter, 6 plasma)

2 Redemptors

2 Repulsors

I would like to see some more stuff soon especially varients on the Dreadnought and tank. I'm also surprised we haven't seen more from FW really apart from the Astraeus.

Just Dark Imperium and First Strike, though I haven't really done anything with them yet. Lots of conversions to do because...I don't know. It's what I do. I'm not going to rush out and buy more until I'm done with these, in fact I'm probably going to try to sell off a lot of my grey plastic pile of shame from when I was younger and stupider and bought more than I could reasonably complete.

So far I have the following:

- Dark Imperium Box Set

- Know No Fear Box Set

- Snap-To Kits: Intercessors, Reivers, Aggressors, Redemptor

- Reiver Box (5)

- Librarian

- Chaplain

- Apothecary 

I plan on building no more than one demi-company for my Ultramarines plus HQs.

My DIY chapter is another matter. I plan to START with a full Primaris company plus HQ figures. I'll add new figures and units as GW makes them available. Unlike many of my brothers and sisters who are chomping at the bit for more figures, weapons, rules, formations, and other bling right now, if not sooner, I am wishing GW to take it's sweet time. I'm in no hurry, and neither is my wallet:wink:

As to those beautiful Death Guard pieces in the Box Sets, I'll add them as a Nurgle warband in my ever growing unbuilt and unpainted Word Bearer army:biggrin.: