Have you invested in Primaris, and if so, how much?

Ishagu

Back in 2017 I bought the Dark Imperium box and swapped the DG for my friend's marines. Other stuff like ETB Reivers, the First Strike box, and such came along. Now I have:

Painted:

25 Intercessors

6 Inceptors

10 Reivers

10 Hellblasters

Gravis Captain

Ancient

2 Lieutenants

Unpainted:

5 Intercessors

Gravis Captain (which will most likely be a gift for a friend)

Repulsor

I'm still going through my backlog of old marines as well, never going to let them go and still clinging to the hope that they will remain in the setting in some form or another. Maybe it's denial. ;) Right now I'm having a lot of fun painting the Space Marine Heroes minis.

While I'm not a fan of Primaris as models (I find them to be a bit dull, with the exception of their weapon design), I must confess, that I actually bought one thing with Primaris in its name - the Redemptor Dreadnought. So that's that. Incidentally, this was my last purchase for the hobby. I still have around 150 'regular' Marines of various sorts to finish and a dozen or so vehicles to assemble and paint. While time passes and I work on my backlog, I also hope to have a batter indication where GW intends to take Space Marines, and in particular the 'classic Astertes', in the future.

I have:

1 Captain

1 Chaplain

15 Intercessors

10 Reivers

3 Inceptors

1 Repulsor

I had the models from the Dark Imperium box, but I gave them to a friend who was starting the hobby. I bought the box for the Death Guard, and was unsure if I wanted to start Space Marines, again.

Mind you I was all over the place with armies between 5th and 6th edition, (tyranids, ultramarines, grey knights, blood angels, chaos space marines), then I dropped out of Warhammer till 8th edition.

I really like the look of the Primaris Marines, the helmet reminds me a little of my favorite armor from the Heresy (MK IV Maximus). My issue, for me, is picking a Chapter I like (Lore wise & rule wise) and sticking with it.

I love the Flesh Tearers, but after reading Devastation of Baal, Seth hates Primaris because they don’t have “The Flaw”.

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos to all the Primaris supporters here !

Currently, I own (in various paint and assembly stages)

Captain

10 Reivers

3 Inceptors

20 Intercessors

1 Repulsor

My current goal is to make a 2000 points Primaris-only list composed of :

Captain + Lieutenant

38 Intercessors (2 squads of 10, 2 squads of 9)

4 Las/Las/Onslaught/Stormbolter all around Repulsors

I like the idea and the visual of a squadron of 4 Repulsors maneuvering together and acting like one big unit!

Pushing towards the center and taking down the bigger targets first, then closing in and unloading the Troops for a combined shoot + charge move!

Stat wise, they are pretty beasts too ! If Race Bannon is watching, then it’s not 4 Land Raiders, but close enough !

I have the Primaris out of Dark Imperium, and on top of that I have one each of the 10-strong boxes of Intercessors and Hellblasters, two boxes of Inceptors, and a single Repulsor.

So far, I've painted five Hellblasters and a plasma pistol/power fist Captain conversion.

I own overall:

15 Intercessors (mix starter and normal)

10 hellblasters

5 Reivers

9 Inceptors (6 boltrs + 3 plasma)

Captains, Leutenants, Ancient

1 Redemptor

Painted so far:

5 Intercessors, 5 helblasters, ancient, leutenant

Edited by garreth

For my blood angels

60 intercessors.

15 rievers

9 aggressors

9 inceptors

20 hellblasters

1 redemptor

2 repulsors

1 astraeus

2 gravis captains (1 custom)

2 primaris librarians (1 custom)

2 primaris apothecary (1 custom)

2 primaris captains (1 custom)

1 primaris chaplain

3 primaris ancients (1 custom)

9 primaris lieutenants.

I also have a small ultramarine primaris army for my son which I will get Calgary and guards for.

Definitely bought into them lol.

For me I have Dark Imperium and a few extras.

From DI:

1x Gravis Cap

2x Lts

1x Ancient

10x Intercessors

5x Hellblasters

3x Inceptors

1x PF/PP Cap

1x Librarian (KT commander box)

5x Intercessors

5x Reivers

6x Aggressors

1x Redemptor

1x Repulsor

Really really want the other characters, but I just can't justify $35 for a non competitive monopose single option character.

I've not actually bough the Chaplain yet - it's the only model I'm missing from the Primaris range. I just don't know what I'd do with him...

Obviously. He gives rerolls in combat, which current primaris units are not effectively geared for or toward.

I've not actually bough the Chaplain yet - it's the only model I'm missing from the Primaris range. I just don't know what I'd do with him...

Obviously. He gives rerolls in combat, which current primaris units are not effectively geared for or toward.

Not to mention that the Captain already gives re-rolls for half of the missed hits anyway so you are only really missing on 2s with a Captain around which is not enough to justify a Chaplain. And that's without considering that the Captain gives also re-rolls for shooting and can take the TH/SS combo. ^^

Clearly you would replace the head of his crozius and paint him since it's a fantastic model. The rules are irrelevant when it comes to that.

Does the Repulsor see a lot of play ? I won a 1000 points game yesterday with 18 Intercessors, a Captain and 2 Las Repulsors versus a Berserkers + Dakka IK List.

It’s a fantastic unit on the tabletop and not only on paper!

I’m definitely making this 38 Intercessors and 4 Repulsor 2000pts list !

The Repulsor is an excellent unit. It's only the Castellan that keeps it from being recognised fully.

I always run two, and they always perform. If one goes down the other does the job of two tanks worth. It's the best Astartes tank and people don't realise it.

Edited by Ishagu

How are you kitting it out? Mines in the box but that's because I'm slow as hell at painting things.

Usually full Lascannons since it already has enough dakka anyway. However it depends on your list. If you can already deal with armour otherwise you can get away with a Onslaught/Las build as well (neonmole with his 3 Repulsors, Smash Captain and 2 Dakka Redemptors is doing it successfully for example).

Edited by sfPanzer

How are you kitting it out? Mines in the box but that's because I'm slow as hell at painting things.

Twin Las Cannon and Las Talon. Onslaught Gatling cannon and Ironhail Stubber. The rest up to you. Storm bolters on side doors, etc

I said it before but I wish we could replace the last Fragstorm grenade launchers with Stormbolters as well. Would make it a lot easier to roll. I originally went with Stormbolter instead of FGL because I think Bolter just belong on a Marine vehicle ... that we got the Bolter Discipline now is just a convenient buff to it. :P

(also because I like to tease my GK buddy with saying I got 3 GK mounted on it implying their only worth is in their Stormbolter ... which is even almost true sadly)

@sfPanzer : You’re talking about the one that you can replace with the Autolaunchers, right ?

For the kit : Twin Las/Lascannon/Onslaught Gatling Cannon/full Stormbolters all around/Autolaunchers

The Full Dakka build is also a good alternative. Yes, I’m going there

@sfPanzer : You’re talking about the one that you can replace with the Autolaunchers, right ?

For the kit : Twin Las/Lascannon/Onslaught Gatling Cannon/full Stormbolters all around/Autolaunchers

The Full Dakka build is also a good alternative. Yes, I’m going there

It works in a scenario where you have tons of Hellblasters/Inceptors as your main damage guys. The Dakka Repulsor is there to attract attention and put pressure on infantry.

Basically, you force your opponent to deal with it, rather than use it to deal with your opponents’ threats.

Never ever take autolaunchers! You take the Repulsor for the dakka so why would you sacrifice your shooting for a full turn for a measly to-hit penalty?

The Full Dakka build is not really a good alternative. Over a hybrid build you trade 2 Lascannon shots for 6 Heavy Bolter shots. The Repulsor already has so much dakka anyway and with the hybrid build even more, the additional 6 HB shots won't make much of a difference but the 2 Lascannons shots are always a threat.