Have you invested in Primaris, and if so, how much?

Ishagu

I have 6 aggressors, 3 Inceptors, 15 Intercessors, 15 Hellblasters, 5 Reivers, and one Redemptor for Deathwatch.

Then two Primaris halves of Shadow Spear for Raptors.

Also have that Gravis Captain I'm saving for the Gravis wave if it happens. I'll do Black Guard.

That's the fun part - once you decide to make a primaris only strikeforce/company, the Pile of Shame for old marines doesn't count any more. :wink:

Which, in my case, would mean that all of my Ravenguard don’t matter.

You are walking the path of heresy, friend.

That's the fun part - once you decide to make a primaris only strikeforce/company, the Pile of Shame for old marines doesn't count any more. :wink:

Which, in my case, would mean that all of my Ravenguard don’t matter.

You are walking the path of heresy, friend.

This just means a part of my personal Pile of Shame doesn't matter to me any more. I've switched to Primaris Only, so I don't think about all those unbuilt/unpainted Oldmarines on my shelf any more. Just like since I've discontinued my 30k army since 8th edition (as 30k is dead), I don't constantly think "Oh, I can't buy another Repulsor, I still have to do some Mk4 volkite guys for my Alpha Legion to do". So yeah - I still have quite a few oldmarines left on sprue, but since I don't intend to touch them anytime soon, it doesn't keep me from buying even more plastic crack of a different subfaction. :whistling:

I'd gone in pretty heavy for a bit starting on an Imperial Fists army but at the end of the day Dorn's chapter just couldn't keep my attention. That and painting yellow is a chore. So there went a Dark Imperium box, and some more that will sit around until I decide to work on them some more (or give up on the idea).

Now I'm starting work on some of Dorn's other kids (Templars naturally) so now it's time to start over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently anointed/finalized (finalized in the way that I likely won't be adding to it at all since I'm happy with where it's at now for the game sizes my local group plays at) force of Star Phantoms.

1 Grav Captain (from Dark imperium)
2 LT's (from Dark imperium)

1 ancient (from Dark imperium)
20 Cessors

15 hellblasters

3 inceptors (bolt guns)

3 inceptors (plasmas)
1 redemptor
1 repulsor

Will slap some pics up later.

(There's also 5 reivers painted as space wolves, from the corresponding KT set because they're cool models, but only used in kill team)

Haven't had a chance to paint them, but my latest purchases are Shadowspear and another Repulsor to go with my first two. 

I am loving the idea of triple Repulsors, but it's only because I absolutely adore the model itself. I've abandoned the las talon in favour of the onslaught - too many units make the low shot count high AP mostly worthless. It helps that it's the cooler looking of the two turret weapons :D

Repulsors actually look so cool when they're fully painted and on the tabletop. I absolutely adore them as well. Lots of people who wrote them off are missing out

The best I can say about repulsors is that they have potential. If you leave the stowage off (regardless of how much logical sense it makes to have stowage on your tank) the main body is pretty good. The turret needs a lot of work to not look like a weapons porcupine though.

I've painted a few Space Wolf Intercessors and Reivers for Kill Team, but once I get through my current Custodes project I'll being an all-Primaris Ultramarine force built around PriMarneus and a couple of the Primaris Interdiction Forces battleforce boxes. Plus assorted Primaris odds and ends from Dark Imperium and other boxes. Including the Vanguard from Shadowspear. But the core is going to be Idomitus Crusaders with dual Repulsors.

I closed the auxiliary grenade launchers and didn't have the gunner on show and they look much tidier and less cluttered.

All those additional grenade launchers in literally any direction are a bit too much. And the stowage. Leave it off, maybe add tracks, and it's a workable Bradley in space.

Leaving off stuff worked well, the next one will have tracks if possible.

I like the stowage too much to leave it off (I feel it balances the business up top a bit), but closing the grenade launchers is a given in my mind. Only reason they should be open is if they've already fired.

Repulsors actually look so cool when they're fully painted and on the tabletop. I absolutely adore them as well. Lots of people who wrote them off are missing out

Amen, bruv.

Despite the astronomical points cost in low point games, the thing is damn beauteous when it's all done up like mine. Love the model. Scale shot from embedded B&C here: 

Can find the rest of it here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1aaek3Zdd6rM9jCPA

Sweet paint job. What chapter is that?

Star Phantoms!

Still need (probably will for quite some time since I don't know anybody with a printer that can do it) to get a 3rd party transfer sheet printed out to properly shoulder marking all these naked-infantry-shoulders the lads are sporting, and a few for the vehicles.

I did one for my partner's Dark Angels and yeah, the Repulsor kit is just ace. I really want to see some variants for it.

Noice stuff, mang!  I also think I see some "fangs of ulfrich" boys in the back.  Doing them up as some guilt-marines too, to match the tank? 

I love that set's models. Have them done up as space wolves, for killteam use, myself.

Archived