Who's attending the HH Weekender 01 - 03 Feb?

Indefragable

I will be attending for the first time also and bringing my army and newly painted Alpharius 

IMG_20190108_084016.jpg

I was wanting to ask if anyone else attending would be willing to donate to me some Imperial Fists Legion transfers for the dying marine on the base (who I realise looks a bit flat and need some more work done to him) to save me having to buy a whole sheet! If anyone thinks they can help let me know.

Xenaur

As always, I will be there.

Just an FYI to those attending, I got an email this morning regarding Lunch at the event. Seems like there will be no Lunch menu outside of a £25 pre-paid option that covers other days. It's a tad expensive but the menu looks alright in all honesty (Burgers, Fish & Chips, Pulled Pork Bap, + Veggie options).

In case you haven't got the email yet - LINK

Lovely, glad to see you're in attendance again m_r_parker, I always look forward to your rundown of events. I hope it's a better year than it has been recently (hopefully WHC don't spill the beans as it happens, otherwise it makes attending the events for people like yourself less valuable).

Can't wait to see what happens. Would be sweet to see the Dread Drop Pod being re-released (given it was shown at last year's I think?) but I think I've been swayed to get Anvillus pods instead.

As always, I will be there.

Just an FYI to those attending, I got an email this morning regarding Lunch at the event. Seems like there will be no Lunch menu outside of a £25 pre-paid option that covers other days. It's a tad expensive but the menu looks alright in all honesty (Burgers, Fish & Chips, Pulled Pork Bap, + Veggie options).

In case you haven't got the email yet - LINK

Got that email as well. Is 25GBP a good price for 2x meals worth of that selection? 

From an American perspective the idea of a 25GBP/32USD burger raises an eyebrow to the least.

From an American perspective the idea of a 25GBP/32USD burger raises an eyebrow to the least.

Firstly it covers two days, not one. As GraemePaul says it's £12.50 a day.

Secondly, previous Weekenders at the Belfry had a poor Lunch option: a choice of basic sandwiches (white thin sliced bread with fillings like ham or cheese, a slice at most), a packet of crisps (chips to those across the pond), a chocolate bar and a can of drink for £7. Compared to that, £12.50 for hot food is an absolute bargain.

Thirdly, this is a hotel and food is expensive. Having spent a long time in my work career in hotels I know that items like those they've specified are in the £12-£15 range before you add on tips (or room service charges, which are a killer). I seem to remember at the Belfry at previous events ordering Burger + Fries + Drink over lunch and it coming to around £16 I think, so £12.50 isn't far fetched. Trying to bring external food / drink in may be an issue, otherwise you're having to go to the restaurant in the hotel to grab a snack, or venture outside to another vendor (you're at an airport - not difficult to find somewhere, not cheap either)

I think it's worth it - but each to their own. If you have your own breakfast arrangements that can fill you up until the evening then this might not be for you. I've bought it as a 'Just In Case' but fully expect to use it.

EDIT - Also, there's a bar menu on the hotels website that shows what they offer should you ad-hoc want something to eat. 2 lunches for £25 isn't so bad - EXTERNAL LINK

I wonder when they'll post the schedule for the weekender. Last year it was a week before.

No, it was Monday (January 29), 5 days prior to Weekender

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/01/29/horus-heresy-necromunda-weekender-2018-the-schedule/

In 2017 schedule was leaked on January 23, 12 days prior to Weekender :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/Imperial_Truth/status/823462350728654849

Archived