Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Genestealer Cult previews: page 3 -> Achilles Ridgerunner

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
I kinda want to get him just to use for bitz for a Fabius Bile counts as(themed like any of the Apothecarion from the novels).

The Doctor Of War

The Doctor Of War

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
  • Faction: Vespidae Astra

Little bit of greenstuff and this guy is joining my Inquisitors warband. Fantastic sculpt.

There was a saying in the Time War.
The First thing you notice about the Doctor of War is that he is unarmed.

For many, it's also the last.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,270 posts

Youtube video showing the Achilles Ridgerunner (new vehicle):

And Warhammer Community article: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 24 January 2019 - 02:48 PM.

• mithrilforge, Reyner, Excessus and 5 others like this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

New car thing!

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Edited by Slips, 24 January 2019 - 02:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

CaptainFrederickson

CaptainFrederickson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Imperial Guard

Wow, that is cool! This Genestealer Cult release is shaping up to be absolutely incredible.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

The Taurox Lives!

• Brother Aiwass and Brother Handro like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
These will support my Deliverance Broodsurge nicely. My wallet, on the other hand...

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,724 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
:cuss awesome. Such a cool army.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,016 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

This faction is getting a huge amount of love from GW, and the models are almost all genuinely excellent. Damn the next month or so is going to be expensive.

• Brother Aiwass likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

I see the Cults really want to join the Ork races on Vigilus.

• Steel Company likes this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,152 posts

Meeep! This is a huge release! Can't wait for the codex so I can get my little cult up to 2000 points or so.

Looks like a mechanised infantry / infiltration style army is on the cards.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts

...did anyone say Raptors LandSpeeder?

A shame GSC can only work together with IG or tyranids, which I both don't have, the recent releases would have so much conversion potential...well, at least for now I'll just take what I can convert for my existing armies.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

Well dang, looks like the folks who said that the vehicles in the animated teaser could be something new were right. That's a fine looking vehicle.

As before, it really feels like the designers are letting loose all their creative energy on the "civilian 40k" stuff. It's cool to see the urban insurrection aspect of the army get as much attention as the twisted xenomorph elements.

You could probably do a decent mechanised/Mad Max force with this: bikers, quadbikes, the sniper-bike hero, a few Achilles and neophpyte squads mounted in goliaths. Potentially a cheaper alternative to making a cultist horde.

Edited by Sandlemad, 24 January 2019 - 03:09 PM.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Loot it!

My Orks’ll have some of those, oh yes!
  • Magos Takatus likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,637 posts

I can totally see that new vehicle being used for Inq28. Oh yes I can.

Also, no one's commenting that the Spotter is yet another new female model:

40kGSCRidgerunner-Jan24-Spotter3vrs.jpg

• Honda, Noserenda, Arkhanist and 2 others like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
They really need to put this much effort into a plethora of vehicles for the guard. Everything from centaurs to cannons to lighter trucks and transports.
  • Steel Company, WarriorFish, Triszin and 6 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

What they could do is more options of vehicles with no visible weapon spots or such. Would be nice to have some diorama models that way.

And yes, i know you can leave guns/weapons off but still, sometimes you can see where weapon was or goes too easily.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

These are really cool but as a result Im kinda hoping they lock down brood brothers a bit. With all this new stuff it seems like its going to be a case where "why play guard or nids when you can play both and be better".

Im just an old hater though. :(

• Beams and Jarl Caldersson like this

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Lovely model, tempted to start beefing up my cult force now

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Damn now my T'au Piranha are getting jealous!

• Honda likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The GSC stuff is all amazing. I love the whole vibe and look of the force. None of the vehicles are military by original design.

-~Ishagu~-

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 656 posts

I just went outside for a smoke break at work and was sure I could hear somebody crying.

At first I thought it was the sound of millions of Astra Militarum players weeping because the Genestealer Cults have so much cool stuff, but then I realised it was actually coming from my coat pocket and that my wallet is sobbing....

This is shaping up to be my favourite GW product line of all time - so much amazing stuff. Now it actually feels like a complete army. It's also different enough to stand on it's own but still be obvious where all the Imperial references are - a bit like the Ad Mech release.

Edited by StraightSilver, 24 January 2019 - 03:38 PM.

• Honda, Noserenda, Marshal Rohr and 6 others like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

So...how soon until we just have a spin-off game in 40k where all factions are just competing in some sort of destruction derby/F1/blood game/fate of the universe game thing where all conflicts are settled by racing. On your pri-marks, get set, RACE!

• Vanger, Closet Skeleton and Droz_64 like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,132 posts
Oh my, I really can't wait for this. Comboing with bikes is really cool, we'll be getting up in people's faces very quickly potentially the quickest. I do truly think that there's at least one more thing that we haven't seen yet and that's the ogre type guys in the trailer

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I'm really glad to see the 'insurgency' faction is getting a sci-fi technical. Very fitting.

• Kierdale likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users