Beren

Dramatis Personae for the Drowned 

Sorrosworn Morro, Primarch of the XVIth Legion- The Drowned, The Copper Prince

-Boraeo, Equerry to the Primarch

-Cataract Hennasohn, former Legion Master, The Albatross

-Karkassac, 'Deep Fey'

-The Penumbrul Angel

-Bloodtwister Korryn, Apothecary

-Tidemaker Renno, Shaolmaster in Psalida-Aleph (Captain in the 1st Chapter/Tendril)

-Redtyde Skerro, Shoalmaster in Psalida-Aleph (Captain in the 1st Chapter/Tendril)

-Chillheart Hekkan, Shoalmaster in Psalida-Aleph (Captain in the 1st Chapter/Tendril)

-Shorecarver Krul, Saturnine Terminator Sergeant, Psalida-Aleph Shoal Krul-Hey under Shoalmaster Skerro (1st Tendril 5th squad under Captain Skerro)

-Shoalreaper Merryk, Brine-eater

-Knifegrinder Gallor, Brine-eater

Alexandros Darsham VonSalim, Primarch of the Vth Legion-The Halcyon Wardens, Warmaster

Icarion Anasem, Primarch of the Ist Legion-The Lightning Bearers, Stormborn

Hectarion Mycenor, Primarch of the IIIrd Legion, The Crimson Lions

Dae'rrd Niimkiika, Primarch of the VIth Legion-The Iron Bears

Niklaas,  Primarch of the Xth Legion-The Fire Keepers, Witchbreaker

Pionus Santor, Primarch of the XIXth Legion-The Scions Hospitaller

Saul Tarth, Imperial Governor of Ivah

The Drowned also have another eligible story that I forgot about, Malacost, in the Monthly Fluff Challenge thread. It's 1,000 words, which would bring the Anthology up  to 11,000, but still needs editing.

Edited by Beren

• 1 month later...

For the sake of getting the Scion's stuff moving and knowing if we actually need more stories, I'm going to make some suggestions.

Justice of Salvation-747 words

Pre-Insurrection, Scions only. A Monthly Fluff Challenge submission focusing on a scion's attempt to reverse the affects of a genetic catastrophe on a world, and to punish those responsible.

Dinner for Eleven-956 words

Discussions whilst dining amongst the Scions Hospitalier command cadre.

Once more, with feeling-1,595 words

Retellings of Odysyllas to Mersadie Oliton

Severity-1193 words

The Scion's responses to the summons to the Vizenko prosecution,

Scientific Projects-2769

Feautures a conversation between Alexandros and Pionus, but starts off from a Hospitalier perspective. The pure Hospitalier section is only 736 words, but I feel the rest still offers good insight into Pionus and the Legion. Features their reponses to first learning of Vizenko.

The Hunt-5881 words

Features Dae'rrd to a very large degree, but not his Legion and is still scions focused and offers a godd insight into their practices and hunting underwater. 

Beheading-3078 words.

In my opinion this is a very important one to have, as it is the only one to show the Scions in true combat, and features a battle from the quarith war.

This selection well exceeds the 10,000-12,000 threshold. Even The Hunt could be dropped without a wordcount issue, or multiple of the shorter stories.

Edited by Beren

• 4 weeks later...

The HW anthology needs some tweaking with the new word limit. So far, Koloss will replace the Warmaster's Work, standing at 2.6 words. Ascension is only 540 words, while Happiness is... is at 250 words. Keeping them and adding in the Conquest of Albyon would push the HW anthology to 3.6k words, but leaves a hole of 1.4k words.

As always I can dip into Second Son as necessary. Any other thoughts?

Reluctantly, we’re not modifying the anthologies for either the HW or Har.

Redd and Grifft have approved the new line-ups for their anthologies.

Which means the next step is to revise the line-ups for the next two, as far as this thread is concerned.

[Designs of the Impure Prince] has a word count of 3,653 words. 

Double-checking the total count...

• The Under-Worlder and the Over-Worlder - 1124 words
  • Dare - 567 words
  • Preparations - 1,765
  • Drowned Men - 1,239 words
  • Lights in the Fog - 849 words

We're at 8,073 words now, and I'm going to tweak Designs a little bit before I'm satisfied. I believe Beren said his latest story is well over 2,000 words, which means the Drowned have passed the necessary word count.

Also, either Slips or Blunt still need to select the stories for the Scion anthology.

The additions to this were To Conquer the Depths which was nearly 3000 words, and Malacost which is around 1000.