Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1250 - pure BA for weekend of gaming with friends (comp?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts

It's been awhile since I last posted anything or answered on threads. Now with new PC running, I'm back in! We are playing a series of games in the up coming weekend and I've been digesting the new CA missions and point reductions, this is what I came up with my minis, I got lot's of subs, so feel free to suggest.

1250 Blood Angels

Batallion

Captain Smash > angel's wings > death visions of Sanguinius

Captain Smash

5x intercessors > power fist > aux. grenade launcher

5x scouts

5x scouts

5x devs > cherub > missile launcher > plasma cannon > heavy bolter

Contemptor mortis dreadnought > 2x twin autocannon > cyclone missile launcher

Vanguard

Lieutenant 

6x sanguinary guard > angelus boltgun & power fist

Sanguinary ancient > warlord > angelus boltgun & power fist > Standard of Sacrifice

7x vanguard veterans with jump packs > (2x) dual chainsword > (2x) storm shield & plasma pistol > (2x) dual plasma pistol > Sergeant with dual lightning claws

1250 on the nose, maybe a relic blade and a storm shield would be better on the VV sergeant?

Game plan is quite simple: DC Smash cpt starts in reserve with VV squad who most likely will drop with the cpt and shoot overcharged plasma at the biggest target the cpt is trying to multi-charge. SG move hopefully in cover to engage enemy and I can always use UWoF either the gunline cpt or the SG if needed. My mini shooters are the devs and the contemptor with the lieutenant and the 2nd Smash cpt in the early rounds. Jump units and intercessors try to get those objectives. Plan will most likely be way different when the games start and I need to dispatch units to get those early objectives, but atleast I have some kind of plan :D

So how does it look, any big flaws?

Meta Knight

Meta Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Think about gearing the Vanguard for chaff. Your captains and Sang guard are already kitted to punk tanks and elite units. 4 double chainsword, 2 axe/shield, and claws on the sergeant gives you a formidable blender unit that can take on cheap hordes and is cheaper. Use the points to give the Sang guard the plasma pistols because they'll likely be around one of the captains anyway and focuses your targeting better.

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts

We actually changed our games to play at 1k and without FW. So I used the following list:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [67 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Armoury of Baal: 1 additional Relic of Baal, -1 CP

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Lieutenants [4 PL, 62pts]
. Lieutenant: Chainsword, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 94pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout: Boltgun
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 76pts]: Angelus boltgun, Power fist, Standard of Sacrifice, Warlord

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 192pts]
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 116pts]: Armorium Cherub
. Space Marine: Boltgun
. Space Marine: Plasma cannon
. Space Marine: Missile launcher
. Space Marine: Heavy bolter
. Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 110pts]: Twin lascannon

Razorback [5 PL, 116pts]: Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

++ Total: [67 PL, 1000pts] ++

I won orks and CSM, but lost to DG plague spewer spam and TAU suit & drone list. DG game was the most clear defeat. At 1k I think my list lacks a bit of mobility. Maybe another jump pack unit.. I had to use scouts in assback to reach objectives and that was a bit sub-par. I tested starting the SG on the table in cover, because I've felt that in a small SG squad spider legging to reach charge failing SG ancient is a bad choice. They sustain damage quite nicely. Also 6CP is too little. you can only do one uwof + doa and have to chooce from red rampage/flakk missile/hellfire shells/honour the chapter/ in death does duty end. Those two relics are so much in BA lists.. and death vision's is must for the lone Slam, me think.

Well, was nice to play with my pals anyhow. Feel free to participate further on your thoughts on my used list if there are clear brain farts etc..

- Fobzter 

Edited by Fobzter, 22 January 2019 - 10:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users