Possibly Long Term Effort: Primaris Space Marine Painter?

Hello Brother Tyler.

I have a question that may be a more long term effort, and I am a bit curious about your feelings on how difficult it may end up being over time.

May I please ask, is it worth the effort to develop a Primaris Space Marine painter?

Please advise,

Thanks.

I might do something when I get some downtime at work. Doesn't look like it'll happen soon tho. Anybody happen to have the empty Primaris template as file somewhere? ^^

I might do something when I get some downtime at work. Doesn't look like it'll happen soon tho. Anybody happen to have the empty Primaris template as file somewhere? ^^

I'll dig it out for you, there's one floating about down in the Liver somewhere :tu:

As a reminder for anyone who doesn't know: while the code behind the painters is hosted on the B&C and we could pick it up for additions it belongs to Argos, not the B&C (same with the artwork not being the B&C's). Therefore if anything were to be done with the existing painters his permission would be required first. This doesn't prevent anyone making their own from scratch of course :smile.:

We wouldn't be able to use the official GW artwork. If anyone wants to develop a Primaris painter (and I'm in that group), original artwork will have to be developed. Also, the disclaimers/legal notices that we include with the current painters would have to be included.

Yes, a Primaris painter is absolutely something that we would like to see happen.

I'll dig it out for you, there's one floating about down in the Liver somewhere :thumbsup:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/SpaceMarineHeraldryCardWebSized1200-500x353.jpg

Just in case it's still needed.

Just to add on the subject of Painter's and not using GW's art; Sinndogg's (who is still active somewhere on Reddit) released a .PSD document with Mark II through VII at one point. I seem to recall him being receptive to the idea of having his stuff used to update the B&C painter when the subject was raised.

Here's an example of what can be achieved by mixing the armour marks.

XyxiJ9h.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll dig it out for you, there's one floating about down in the Liver somewhere :thumbsup:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/SpaceMarineHeraldryCardWebSized1200-500x353.jpg

Just in case it's still needed.

Here's a bigger version that should be easier to work with

Archived