Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pt ITC list

Orks evil suns itc Goffs bad moons list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hobojay40k

Hobojay40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Faction: Orks
My list for a 2k ITC tournament which will be my first, any comments would be great.

Goffs Battalion w/ Runtherd

HQ

Ghazghkull Thraka

Warboss on bike w/ Da Killa Klaw

Troops

2 x 10 Gretchin

1 x 11 Gretchin

Evil Suns Battalion

HQ

Weirdboy w/ warphead
Warpath, Fists of Gork

Weirdboy w/ warphead
Da Jump, Fists of Gork

Troops

3 x 29 boyz slugga and choppa, Boss Nob with power Klaw, 3 tankbusta bombs

Elites

2 x Painboys

Nob w/ Waaagh banner

Bad moons Spearhead

HQ

Weirdboy
Da Jump

Heavy Support

2 x 10 Lootas

1 x 8 Lootas

I will put a unit of boyz on teleporta to bring in turn 2, surround the Lootas with Gretchin.
Also the badmoons weirdboy to jump a unit of Lootas and a painboy for Gretchin

Mainly focused on board control!

Let me know your thoughts people.

patchestheclown

patchestheclown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts

Unfortunately you can't use grot shields for units from different kutures. The latest FAQ made that change :(

With that being said I'd drop your Goff battalion and instead make your badmoons a battalion with 3x gretchin. Now you've got some points to spare since you lost Thrakka so you can use that however you want. Why do you have 3 units of lootas? Mob up will only let you combine 2 of them, so itll take 2 turns and 2 CP to get your super death blob of those. I'd recommend taking 2 squads of loota's (one with 15, one with 10) for most efficient mobbing up. That'll free up a few more points. I'm honestly not sure how much you'll get out of the waaagh banner, boyz hitting on 2s is fantastic but with all of the attacks your getting its probably overkill already.

so how to use your points...

You may want to get something that can deal with heavier armor (aka knights) right now you gotta get lucky with lootas (which is a pretty good bet) I might get a squad of tankbustas in a trukk as these guys are always clutch for me! 

Mek gunz are also good options for this ^

If you're not opposed to using index options the big mek with KFF is amazing for increasing your survivability

Gorka/Morka can be fun but since they would be your only armor would probably die fast (unless you tellyporta it in!!!)

honestly you've got such a good base of units that whatever your throw on top can really just be to personal preference/taste, orks are in a pretty good place so have some fun!!

• Hobojay40k likes this

Hobojay40k

Hobojay40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Faction: Orks

Unfortunately you can't use grot shields for units from different kutures. The latest FAQ made that change :(

With that being said I'd drop your Goff battalion and instead make your badmoons a battalion with 3x gretchin. Now you've got some points to spare since you lost Thrakka so you can use that however you want. Why do you have 3 units of lootas? Mob up will only let you combine 2 of them, so itll take 2 turns and 2 CP to get your super death blob of those. I'd recommend taking 2 squads of loota's (one with 15, one with 10) for most efficient mobbing up. That'll free up a few more points. I'm honestly not sure how much you'll get out of the waaagh banner, boyz hitting on 2s is fantastic but with all of the attacks your getting its probably overkill already.

so how to use your points...
You may want to get something that can deal with heavier armor (aka knights) right now you gotta get lucky with lootas (which is a pretty good bet) I might get a squad of tankbustas in a trukk as these guys are always clutch for me! 
Mek gunz are also good options for this ^

If you're not opposed to using index options the big mek with KFF is amazing for increasing your survivability

Gorka/Morka can be fun but since they would be your only armor would probably die fast (unless you tellyporta it in!!!)

honestly you've got such a good base of units that whatever your throw on top can really just be to personal preference/taste, orks are in a pretty good place so have some fun!!

So even though Gretchin get no benefit from being in a Kulture at you can’t use Grotti shields? Well that’s stupid but ok.

So you think a 5++ is better than a plus 1to hit? I disagree as this means you have to keep all of boys in a blob and lose your board control, unless you mean with the Lootas then yeh good shout but thats what the grots are for?

I take 3 units of Lootas as it allows me to da jump a unit and poach a character.

I will re-jig the list though and take on the advice, much appreciated dude.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orks, evil suns, itc, Goffs, bad moons, list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users