Proxying 30k army for Death Guard - would you accept this?

HighMarshalAmp

Mk IV Tac Marines, painted Heresy Era correct, as Plague Marines, a Captain as a Chaos Lord (that one's a stretch :biggrin.: ) and Cataphractii as Blightlord Terminators (who in fact have the Special Rule 'Cataphractii Armor'). Power Axes painted a rusty brass as Bubotic Axes.

Would you object to playing against these? Or at least to treating them as Death Guard?

Edit: I should add that this hypothetical army would face a Marines-heavy meta, so this, I thought, was the likeliest place to get a representative set of answers.

I would allow it for sure, but you may be making things particularly hard on yourself by not having the newer plague weapons and such, unless you've converted up equivalent. Chaos Marines would definitely be easier to equivocate, but far less fun, than Death Guard.

I think using 30k models as CSM for 40k is actually awesome.  I myself used them to represent Veterans of the Long War in late 7th ed.

Edit: I should add that this hypothetical army would face a Marines-heavy meta, so this, I thought, was the likeliest place to get a representative set of answers.

Now, on this issue...and it's more of a matter of look & feel rather than specific references in the novels...I've had players point out that Death Guard were relatively more famous for Mk II armour than Mk IV.  Emperor's Children and Ultramarines were more famous for Mk IV.  Death Guard and World Eaters we usually see in Mk II.  Iron Warriors were very famous for Mk III.

It's a very minor thing, but when 30k was hot in our meta that's what I've heard some players mention.

Most of the stuff is 1:1, just don't have "well these tactical guys are plague marines, these one are rubrics" etc.

Bolters are bolters. Power armor is power armor. The thing that's going to be different is going without artificer armor on your Sargents.

Chaos Lord is a captain equivalent, chaos lords just can't take storm shields or thunderhammers.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem on my side. Bonus points if the gear is simple enough to identify to avoid shenanigans of swapping on the fly or changing which guy holds which.

I don’t know about other Brothers here, but my gaming group is quite tolerant for proxies (and unpainted). We think the people too extreme about accuracy (and paint details) are doing themselves a disservice by missing on a ton of nice games with cool adversaries that are more casual with their hobby.

Besides, games are so freaking long that I’d rather spend my time with an average looking/partly proxy’d army led by a guy with a cool attitude and cool stories, rather than the preppiest Marines ever led by the most administrative and stuck up of players.

Archived