Flickerjump clarifications

Seahawk

I had some questions about the Warp Spider's Flickerjump ability.

"When this unit is target by a ranged weapon, you can declare they will do a flickerjump - your opponent must subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit until the end of the phase."

So far I haven't seen it get FAQ'd anywhere, so that means every time they're targeted, it's another -1 on the stack, right?

Further, if a unit has multiple weapons it needs to choose a target for each one. Does that mean that a unit with three weapons that all target one unit of Warp Spiders would suffer a -3 to hit for all weapons? 

Seems...trololol...

No it’s a single minus 1 rule that’s added to the unit for that phase only.

The rule has the condition that they must be targeted before it can be utilised. Once you’ve decleared you are doing something you can’t then do it again until the next turn just like moving shooting or psychic powers

So it goes like this... if this unit is targeted then you may use the rule ‘flicker jump’ if you do then when ever they are atta led add a further minus 1 to any other modifiers till the end of the phase.

So flicker jump + aliatoc + night time + conceal = -4 to being shot at...

That's the thing though, I haven't found any FAQ or other rule that says it can't be declared more than once per phase, or that it doesn't stack. It's a condition based on "when targeted", which can happen a great many times per phase.

Archived