Grim Badger's Legio Praesagius

So, my plan from the get-go with this game was to have two different legios each of a mid level strength so that I can play the games with friends who didnt want to invest the time and money. That and I love a good project. So here it is! My Legio Praesagius project log. 

I have also pledge to complete the 5 titans (2 Warlords, 1 Reaver and 2 Warhounds) for the Titans of the Heresy 2019 painting challenge. 

Humble beginnings, but beginnings none the less... the picture below shows the current state of the assembly line, awaiting magnets, completion of the Warlord and indeed the start of Warlord 2. 

JtoHB5x.jpg

Welcome aboard Grimbadger. This looks like a good start. Good luck!

Thanks! Getting started is half the battle, as they say :yes:

Ah awesome looking forward to your take on Legio Praesagius :biggrin.: my efforts on then ran into a road block - I don't half struggle to get a decent white!

Haha, cheers Reyner. I can't say they will be even half as quick to do as my Legio Mortis, but I will give it a good go! When it comes to white, are you using the standard tricks like working from a white base coat on the panels? I think a proper smooth white is almost impossible with that, or to be honest an air brush. You have to really thin it down to get anything approaching smooth with a brush...:ermm:

I had the bright idea of undercoating the panels in ye olde Skull White spray paint and the finish was terrible when I tried to go over it to clean it up and wash the recesses. Might see if I can strip it back and start from a grey or even zandri dust (bone kinda colour) and work up to white from there. I did try use a brush but it was grim so I might make another go at it with my airbrush. 

I had the bright idea of undercoating the panels in ye olde Skull White spray paint and the finish was terrible when I tried to go over it to clean it up and wash the recesses. Might see if I can strip it back and start from a grey or even zandri dust (bone kinda colour) and work up to white from there. I did try use a brush but it was grim so I might make another go at it with my airbrush. 

Oh dear! Did you do the usual tricks of making sure you'd shaken the can well, using it in the recommended temperature and humidity ranges and short bursts? The only time I've had spray go bad on me in is very hot, dry weather where it actually partly dried mid air...!

Update from the weekend:

Alas, I didnt get anywhere near as much as I wanted to this weekend. Real life getting in the way of all important hobby, obviously haha. I did however, finish building the remaining units, and then proceed to stick every part to a cocktail stick ahead of priming (my usual technique, as it allows me to let things dry without sticking to the surface they are drying on. 

Additionally I managed to prime all of the metal parts (Skeletons, weapons etc). Hoping that during this week I will be able to wash/shade the skeletons and then dry brush them back up, but we shall see! Update photos below!

Thats all for now folks! Tune in next time to see how badly I manage to attempt marble panels for the first time... :eek:

P2Z8QoS.jpg

uanSHNA.jpg

Ooh shiny! I see a quake cannon! :biggrin.: Yeah the can I used was an old Skull White can think it was just past it shook it up a load. 

Glad its instantly recognisable as a quake cannon! Decided I definitely didnt need 4 Volcano cannons for the force, so a little conversion attempt was in order! We shall see now that fares. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update! I've had flu, wifes had flu, work is busy, blah blah...

Even still, I've managed to complete the skeleton work on the Titans, now need to go back over the skeleton to find the armour plates and then paint up the other plates... but hey! Progress is progress :)  Pictures below to show progress!

I am also working on some additional weapon options for the various titans, so will likely be adding that to the project log...

c6AhZY6.jpg

23alPzY.jpg

6KwpdQP.jpg

3RCSAGI.jpg

Archived