Battle Scribe for PC?

Vorenus

Does anyone know how to make Battle Scribe work on a PC?  It seems to only be available as an app on my smart phone, but I would much prefer to use it on my laptop (a PC, not a Mac).  In the alternative, does anyone know of any other list building software that works well on the PC?  I'm getting a bit tired of making my lists by hand, especially now that with Chapter Approved 2018 I often have to flip through three books plus the online FAQ/Errata to figure out if I am building my lists correctly and for the correct points costs.

Does anyone know how to make Battle Scribe work on a PC?  It seems to only be available as an app on my smart phone, but I would much prefer to use it on my laptop (a PC, not a Mac).  In the alternative, does anyone know of any other list building software that works well on the PC?  I'm getting a bit tired of making my lists by hand, especially now that with Chapter Approved 2018 I often have to flip through three books plus the online FAQ/Errata to figure out if I am building my lists correctly and for the correct points costs.

Just click on Windows or one of the other OS and then download and install it like any other program. It's way better than the mobile version anyway imo. ^^

https://battlescribe.net/?tab=news

The issue is not with Java. It's just not that well coded. Still better than the mobile version which is way slower and always creates a new list and requires a unique list name even if you don't want to save it imo. ^^

The PC version is better I find, much more convenient to use - the mobile version is ok too but they have separate purposes. I'll make a list on the PC and if I can't print it off I'll make sure it's on my mobile too for referencing. I can't easily take my PC to games :P

The PC version is better I find, much more convenient to use - the mobile version is ok too but they have separate purposes. I'll make a list on the PC and if I can't print it off I'll make sure it's on my mobile too for referencing. I can't easily take my PC to games :tongue.:

Same. I just made both versions source from the same Dropbox folder so I don't even have to worry where I put my lists. :P

Also I believe there is a way to get FW into an imperial list but I can't remember how to do it. You have to add the detachments a certain way to make it work. If someone knows and can chime in I'd be very appreciative because I'm going to start my contemptor soon and would love to run him with FW rules.

Also I believe there is a way to get FW into an imperial list but I can't remember how to do it. You have to add the detachments a certain way to make it work. If someone knows and can chime in I'd be very appreciative because I'm going to start my contemptor soon and would love to run him with FW rules.

You add the regular Detachment and then you select that detachment and add the right FW detachment to it. Basically a detachment in a detachment. That way the FW detachment and the regular detachment share one set of available slots.

Annoyingly it doesn't scale well at high resolutions on PC. Think it's a restriction of Java. Just have to put up with tiny text on high res monitors.

It is possible to "fix" this at least temporarily until the developer eventually codes in proper UI scaling.

Assuming you're on Windows 10, find the rostereditor.exe file in the install directory (Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\BattleScribe), right click on it, select Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and tick the "Override high dpi scaling behaviour" and select "System (Enhanced)" from the drop down menu. This will force Battlescribe to recognise the scaling set by Windows instead of using it's own scaling. The text and icons will be a bit fuzzy as they are being forcefully scaled but it's far more usable than the tiny text!

I believe under the 'Chapter Selection' or 'Regiment' section there is a choice for Beta Rules, these are usually the forgeworld models that have rules for 40k. No need to make a separate detachment for them.

Annoyingly it doesn't scale well at high resolutions on PC. Think it's a restriction of Java. Just have to put up with tiny text on high res monitors.

It is possible to "fix" this at least temporarily until the developer eventually codes in proper UI scaling.

Assuming you're on Windows 10, find the rostereditor.exe file in the install directory (Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\BattleScribe), right click on it, select Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and tick the "Override high dpi scaling behaviour" and select "System (Enhanced)" from the drop down menu. This will force Battlescribe to recognise the scaling set by Windows instead of using it's own scaling. The text and icons will be a bit fuzzy as they are being forcefully scaled but it's far more usable than the tiny text!

Has worked for me! Thanks Bud, can actually read the text now. :biggrin.:

Create New Roster:

ADD: Imperium - Astra Militarum - OK

Then:

Select "Imperium - Astra Militarum" and click ADD to add MORE unit types underneath the same detachment - could be ANY army.

OR:

Select "Roster" and ADD to add ANOTHER detachment.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe under the 'Chapter Selection' or 'Regiment' section there is a choice for Beta Rules, these are usually the forgeworld models that have rules for 40k. No need to make a separate detachment for them.

No, that's not what Beta Rules are.  You add a detachment within the existing detachment as stated above. FW models are fully legal for use in any 40K game and are not considered Beta rules 

Archived