Brotherhood of the Serpent+++Vth Legion + Legio Astorum

Ironwithout

So I've decided to start a log on my return to the Vth Legion as I've been away from the forum for a long time now. The plan is for this to include obviously WiP and completed models but also my crazy ramblings as well as battles and possible some painting craziness.

The goal for me is at the moment I have 7000 points of White Scars to paint by August to an incredibly high standard for a game I have organised then. The game is 25k points per side of White Scars vs Deathguard and everyone involved has beautiful armies so mine has to be able hold its own.

So to start I have 1000 points ZM force to finish by the 2nd of Feb. rubbish pics below of the models ready for paint.

gallery_72636_15171_1680107.jpg

gallery_72636_15171_1402771.jpg

gallery_72636_15171_608330.jpg

gallery_72636_15171_396828.jpg

As its stands by biggest problem is I need to make a decision if I'm going to freehand all the legion Iconography which is how its looking but doesn't help with my time frame.

I also have 3 Warhounds to do for the Legio Astorum with plans for a Warlord in the future. Currently 1 is finished as you can see from the pics below.

gallery_72636_15171_366084.jpg

gallery_72636_15171_91900.jpg

gallery_72636_15171_246455.jpg

As always critique and opinions are welcome!

The Scars are nicely built, the tulwars are a characterful touch and I'm surprised at how well the helms fit the terminator armour.

The planetary design of the Warhound is fantastic, really well done.

Thanks very much everyone, its nice to be working on some Heresy for myself again.

In my opinion, that space theme isn't too fitting for Imperial Titans. Doesn't take away the quality and skill of the paintjob though, I wish my space-Eldar looked like that.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I do appreciate your feedback, honest critique is rare these days so I'm grateful. In this case its purely opinion and we cleary have different opinions

Would definitely be interested in what your thoughts are on more of my stuff in the future!

You are a great painter and modeler, and from a pure painting perspective, that is one awe-inspiring Warhound. The scheme just clashes with my perception of the Imperium and how they would paint their war-engines, but if you believe the scheme works then who am I to say it doesn't?

Those White Scars look beautiful. I really like the look of FW helmets and those swords - are they just resin power swords that are heat-bent?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived