Chaos Warhound Titan in a 2000 point game

Vorenus

Chapter Approved 2017 raised the cost for Chaos Warhound Titans from 1500 to 2000 points, and Chapter Approved 2018 kept the higher cost intact.  I'm just curious if anyone has ever run a Chaos Warhound Titan in a 2000 point game?  I'm thinking about doing it for laughs.  I'll tell my opponent ahead of time, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I just think it would be amusing.  Obviously, if it is a mission involving securing objectives, the Warhound is going to lose big time since it can only hold onto one objective at a time (unless it's outnumbered, of course).  But with a 24" move  and two powerful guns it can potentially delete two enemy units in each shooting phase.  And it can fire even if it is locked in melee, so I could move 24", blast two units off the table, and then charge into a third unit to kill a couple of models in melee and force the enemy to either Fall Back or not be able to shoot the Warhound.  

I have no illusions that this is at all competitive, but it could be fun to try.

Well your only option is to wipe the enemy if you don't want to lose ... and if it's a mission were wiping isn't an auto-win you'll still lose. If it's just kill points it's basically an auto-win for you (unless there are tons of small units like for example T'au Firewarrior spam for 35p per unit since you probably wouldn't be able to kill them all until the game ends).

I don't really see the appeal in such a match for neither side.:ermm:

How about this for a custom one-off mission:

BRING DOWN THE BEAST

The Warhound was scouting ahead of the main body of the army when the sandstorm came out of nowhere.  The Warhounds' Princeps was running blind.  Static interference disrupted the auspex and augur arrays, and visibility was reduced to mere meters.  The crew attempted to remain in contact with the main body of the army fifty kilometers behind, but there was too much interference.   The sandstorm lasted for over an hour, and then fell away almost as abruptly as it had arisen.  The air was left with a crackling static feel.  As visibility improved and the interference dissipated, the crew was able to reach the main army on the vox.  Triangulating their position, they determined that they had wandered far away from their assigned patrol route during the storm.  They realized they were behind enemy lines.  Cut off and alone, with no chance for support from the rest of the army.  Their only hope was to fight their way back to their own lines.  Just as the Princeps gave the order to advance, an enemy tank squadron  emerged from behind a ruined building.  The Princeps smiled.  Might as well enjoy some sport while en route back to the main host.  "Blood will flow," he said to himself, before giving the order to bring the weapon arms to bear and preparing a firing solution.

Deployment:   Deployment zones are set with the short table edges (48") as the player's deployment zones.  The Warhound player must begin within 12" of his/her short table edge.  The enemy player must deploy within 24" of his/her table edge.  

Victory Conditions:  The Wrahound player wins the game if the Warhound successfully traverses the entire table and exits from the opposing army's deployment zone.  The Warhound's opponent wins if he/she prevents the Warhound from escapinng, either by destroying the Warhound outright or blocking all exits for 5 rounds.  The game ends automatically at the end of the 5th round.  If the Warhound has not successfully escaped, the Warhound player loses--it is assumed the enemy is able to bring its own anti-Titan units to bear after the fifth round.

Note:  The Warhound may not exit the board if it must pass within 1" of an enemy model to do so.  (It will have to destroy the enemy models to clear a space to exit.)  The Warhound may not exit the board  via a Pile In or Consolidate move, unless it is the fifth round and there are no enemy units within 1" blocking the Warhound's exit.  Otherwise, the Warhound may only exit during its own Movement phase.

Special Modifier:  Infantry units that engage the Warhound in melee suffer a -2 penalty to Leadership due to the awesome might of the God-Engine.

What do you think?

I only ever got into the whole "miniature arms race" in the dark times of 7th edition where the first Gargantuan Creature in a codex was made a thing and it could just "Nope" out of things that stopped or curtailed it previously.

I went big and got a Taunar SUPREMACY armor and put my dick on the table. Everybody decided to back off and agreed to play lower points games. It was mostly a deterrent for that bull:cuss. I had a buddy who had a BIG squad of Death company with dual thunderhammers that was a similar thing (pity they can't take two thunderhammers anymore)

Archived