Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Stygies List - Using new servitor detachment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Hey all,

Have been tinkering around with a new list Ive been working on since CA/Vigilus dropped.

Is mainly made up from what I already had, with a couple of newer additions.

Had a first game with it this weekend and pleased to say it was a resounding win against my mates dark angels, with him conceding at the end of turn 3. It was a real fun game, and overall pleased with how my list held up.

Its made up of 2 battallions, both run as Stygies VIII mainly for the -1 (and scout moves when needed is mega useful). No reason you probably couldnt optimise this further by using two forgeworlds, but I dont like it from a thematic standpoint, and too old/mindboggled at the best of times to remember the rules I have with only 1 forgeworld from a game standpoint haha.

p.s. many thanks to Ross my opponent for agreeing to let me proxy in terrax drills. I dont have a lot of time for games/modelling right now and really wanted to try these out before spending a lot of cash for them through FW.

+++ 2000pts +++

BATTALION XXA - 

HQ

TechPriest Dominus - Master of Biosplicing, Autocadeus of Arkhan Land

Engineseer - Prime Hermeticon (using field commander) 

TROOPS

Breachers x6 - arc rifles, hydraulic claws

Vanguard x5 - 2 Plasma, Alpha has maul

Vanguard x5 - 2 Plasma

ELITES

Fulgurite Electro Priests x10

Servitors x 4

HEAVY SUPPORT

Kastelan Robots x2 - Phosphor, Phosphor, Phosphor

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Terrax Assault Drill - Storm Bolters, Melta Cutter

Terrax Assault Drill - Storm Bolters, Melta Cutter

BATTALION XXB - 

HQ

Engineseer

Engineseer

TROOPS

Rangers x5 - 2x Arqebus, Omnispex 

ELITES

Infiltrators x5 - Goad/Blasters

Infiltrators x5 - Goad/Blasters

Infiltrators x5 - Swords/Carbines

HEAVY

Onager - Neutron + Stubber, Stubber

Onager - Neutron + Stubber, Stubber

Onager - Icarus Array, Stubber

13 CP (10 once you've paid for Breacher Maniple, Field Commander, and Breachers to have a 5++)

infiltrators all go into reserve

1 Terrax Carries both vanguard and an engineseer

1 Terrax carries the fulgurites and the prime hermeticon engineseer

Terraxes can either deepstrike, or start on the board and make use of stygies to get forward/move out of sight before turn 1.

If i dont need lots of deepstrike and need more screen instead..i could always put 2 infiltrator squads into 1 terrax instead, and start the vanguard on the board.

If prime hermeticon engineseer, fulgurites and infiltrators end up in the enemies face, with the now granted reroll hits in combat (and possibility to reroll 1s to wound with canticles???)...this can end up nasty.

Dominus, remaining engineseer, breachers, rangers and Onagers form a -1 to hit backline that can shift  about.

Robots walk into a fire lane turn 1 and switch on distractioncarnifex/shooty protocols.

Edited by DanPesci, 21 January 2019 - 07:19 PM.

• Prot and frosteldar like this
Posted Image

30Geek - Freelance web development & Digital Design

DVNE - Post-Metal straight out of the eye of terror.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,950 posts

I like the look of it, but to be honest my Mechanicus don't really play like this so I'd feel like any advice would be off the cuff, and probably not realistic. :)

Looks good though, make sure you let us know how it goes. :tu:

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users