Assassins in March

I think it’s a great idea to take this opportunity to adjust their ‘alignment ‘ of rules. I really believe they should be a ‘wildcard’ of Imperium keywords. Right now I believe they are a little too inflexible, and awkward to fit into Imperium lists.

I've been pondering this, and it's hard to gauge what GW is planning (not that it usually isn't, GW being GW :tongue.: ). Something to get Assassins in lists easier as mentioned will make a big difference but after CA I'm somewhat leery of expectations. It'd be great for something new, but I'd settle for solid improvements for what we have (and would take that first). My Assassins don't see the table that much and I'd like that to change.

update lone operative rule to read something like this:

This model can not be the warlord or given traits by any means.  Also this model never takes up a force Org slot in a formation and can be added to any imperial formation without preventing the formation from receiving the relevant Order/ Regiment/ Chapter traits.  An Imperial Faction army may never include more than one lone operative in total unless including an Execution Force formation.

I think taking no slot might be quite a nice way of ensuring that you still need to fulfil your normal requirements of your army first. Even if not, removing the active penalty for including an assassin would go a long way indeed. It seems a pretty obvious simple fix, but then so did some of the CA suggestions we had that never appeared... :tongue.:

Ok building on the Lone Operative rule I put above....

Execution Force - Vanguard formation - min requirements 1 of each temple, max of 2 per temple ... +1 CP .... gives Assassins strats

High Priority Targeting -  Auxiliary Formation - 2 Assassins of any temple combination ... -1 CP ... gives assassins strats

so basically you can take one in any Imperial formation with no CP cost / benefits but no strats

2 with a CP cost

4+ as a normal formation but at least 4 temples (or only 3 if GW dont add any more)

EDIT - depending on what March brings might be worth moving this conversation over to the house rules section :confused:

Archived