Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ficinus's Mutant Uprising

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

I really love the game Inquisitor and the Inq28 community that has developed around it.  For a long time, I've wanted to convert up a large number of mutants in the style, partially to use as mooks and partially just to do it.  This is one of my first big conversion projects: I plan on converting every single model to be a unique or semi-unique mutants (there will be a squad of beastmen in the final project).  In here, there are a mix of Genestealer Cult, Gor, Cawdor, Escher, Goliath, Orlock, Ghoul, Daemonette and Poxwalker parts combined with a bunch of random bits.  In game terms, I plan on using Genestealer Cult rules for them since it seems to represent a rebellion so well, and the idea of a group of mutants emerging from the shadows to strike at Imperial hypocrisy looks perfect.

I'll be expanding on the fluff later, but right now I imagine a planet that is largely agricultural in the southern hemisphere and heavily industrial in the north.  Mutants, as on many Imperial worlds, live either segregated in ghettoes where they toil as slaves within the manufactora or scattered and lost in the vast expanses of industrial wasteland or the hidden corners of the fields of the south.  In the vast mountain ranges, hidden in valleys and caves, a rebel group of mutants strikes against the local PDF in an attempt to throw off the shackles of Imperial rule.

So, here's the first wave of the Mutant Liberation Front.

A group of the Mutant Vanguard

Spoiler

A squad of Mutant Scum with Autoguns and a Missile Launcher

Spoiler

A squad of Mutant Scum with shotguns, flamers, and a heavy stubber

Spoiler

A squad of big ol' mutants

Spoiler

And a beastman sergeant waiting for a squad of backup

Spoiler

Edited by Ficinus, 22 January 2019 - 08:24 PM.

• Akrim, Commander Dawnstar, GreenScorpion and 3 others like this

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,056 posts
Those are some very cool conversions, and a great start towards your mutant uprising :tu:
  • GreenScorpion likes this

gallery_48988_6285_23120.png gallery_48988_10069_37975.png gallery_48988_15151_1205.pnggallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_3128.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Help fund the B&C : Buy a model painted by me

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,858 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard
The battlefields of the 41st millennium can always use more misshapen freaks! Good work; I am looking forward to seeing these muties get paint...

Corruption is our armor.
Infection is our weapon.
Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jgallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
Superb conversions! I especially like the beastman with heavy stubber. He looks like he has a derisive sneer on his face. :)

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,105 posts

Nice assortment of mutants, lots of good kit bashing here - ditto looking forward to the paint on them.

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Faction: Cult of Nine Tailed Moon

Gorgeous models. I love mutants! The kitbashing is awesome.

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!  My mutants aren't on up for painting right now, I have a few things that I need to get done for Adepticon before I start on this project.  That said, because I enjoy assembling/converting models more than painting, I have been putting together a few more mutants.

More Mutant Vanguard

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Some more Mutant Scum

Spoiler

Spoiler

Some more Big ol' Mutants

Spoiler

And a Mutant Sniper, born with no feet and only one hand (that hand being at the end of his tail)

Spoiler

• Tallarn Commander, Tamika, Dr_Ruminahui and 2 others like this

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

These are miliput copied mutations right? How did you manage to copy them so smoothly? I might be mistaken, but they look really bright to me and not this greenish colour they normally have.

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
The green mutations are just from green poxwalkers. The easy to build ones and some of the regular ones are on green sprues and that's the color they have (maybe the lighting is weird to make them seem off to you). I wish I could sculpt that smoothly.

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Guess I was wrong whistling.gif 

Makes them even more expensive to build that way. My favourite is the guy with the sniper rifle. Very unique way of shooting it and really standing out.

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
Is the mutant who is sitting down a casualty or a "handi-capable" mutant who cannot walk? Either way he is brilliant. I'll have to try a similar conversion with one of my R&H troopers.

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

Neither!  He's a mutant with legs for arms and hands for feet, so he can "walk," just with his arms.  This angle might make things a bit clearer:

Cyz1Mhr.jpg

Edited by Ficinus, Today, 07:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dr_Ruminahui