Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Severina Raine (Lady Commissar) new miniature

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts

I'm impressed by how well-proportioned that model is; the bolt pistol especially.

• Shinespider likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,891 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

It's not a bad model, actually. Certainly better than the existing plastic Commissar. My favourites will forever be the fifth edition metals though.

Edit: Does that magazine in the bolt pistol look really short?

Edited by Lord Marshal, 23 January 2019 - 06:05 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

In addition. The more "real" scale miniatures GW releases the better. They've really been shying away from Heroic scale miniatures lately.

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,842 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders

Great model, she’s been in stories before right? anyone now if their any good?

Done as it should be, the only real way to tell is the head.

For me it depends on the army the model is for.

I do think the guard desperately need to be redone partly to add more excellently done down to earth female models like this one to contrast with the ott sisters models. Even as someone who likes ott female armour I would definitely not want to much of it. Leave it to the sisters, they do it well and it makes them stand out.

Oh yeah definitely. I do like how the sisters are done, and it does fit their character. I’m saying this is how female *guard* should be.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 24 January 2019 - 06:16 AM.
Edited quote.

• Steel Company and pandion40 like this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

It's not a bad model, actually. Certainly better than the existing plastic Commissar. My favourites will forever be the fifth edition metals though.

Meh, it's a commissar. That gun is mostly a dramatic pointing device anyways

• Petitioner's City likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,125 posts

Nice model, might have to use her for my penal legion detachment.

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Fiancé: New Commissar looks awesome!

Captain_Krash: Yeah I know right? It's a female Commissar.

Fiancé: Couldn't tell...Where's her boob plate?

Captain_Krash: GW maybe wanted her wearing more realistic looking clothing for the battlefield

Fiancé: Needs Boob Plate...

/facepalm

Krash 

Edited by Captain_Krash, 23 January 2019 - 06:14 PM.

• Quantum, Slave to Darkness, Brother Handro and 1 other like this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts

You mean the model linked in this Warhammer Community post?
BLCelebration-Jan23-SeverinaRaine1cerg.j

Wow, actual realistic armour on her too? I'm impressed GW, well done.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

They need to do a Ciaphas Cain with Jurgen (and I’ll take an Inquisitor Vail as well) urgently now.

It’s a nice sculpt, will have to see if I can get one. Missed out on Eisenhorn.

Eisenhorn is still available though laugh.png Hopefully that means Eisenhorn sets a precedent for Severina here. Hopefully.

Great model, she’s been in stories before right? anyone now if their any good?

Done as it should be, the only real way to tell is the head.

For me it depends on the army the model is for.

I do think the guard desperately need to be redone partly to add more excellently done down to earth female models like this one to contrast with the ott sisters models. Even as someone who likes ott female armour I would definitely not want to much of it. Leave it to the sisters, they do it well and it makes them stand out.

Apparently the short stories she's been in have a lot of fans, hence why she's getting a full novel.

Severina's breastplate actually DOES have a boob-plate design: Look on the cover of the novel and her model, and note how the bulge on it is on the top, not the bottom like male-designed plate armour. The curve of her cuirass curves UPWARDS towards her bust and bulges out around that area. So yes, she has boob-plate, but the more realistic design of it.

Fiancé: New Commissar looks awesome!

Captain_Krash: Yeah I know right? It's a female Commissar.

Fiancé: Couldn't tell...Where's her boob plate?

Captain_Krash: GW maybe wanted her wearing more realistic looking clothing for the battlefield

Fiancé: Needs Boob Plate...

/facepalm

Okay, I laughed laugh.png

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 24 January 2019 - 06:17 AM.
Edited quote and removed off-topic chatter.

• Magos Takatus, Steel Company, Huggtand and 1 other like this

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,728 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Meh, it's a commissar. That gun is mostly a dramatic pointing device anyways

Nah, she needs it for executing the guardsmen and women in her regiment. Magazine looks way too small to make a fist of that.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

I'm impressed by how well-proportioned that model is; the bolt pistol especially.

Yeah, in addition to the head....the stance and the slimness of the limbs hint at her gender. Very well done.

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

not as important as the commisar, but.

What gaurd trooper is that behind her? looks like a Scion merged with a steel legion

The pic on the community article is much better. It's a Scion with a skull-shaped helmet. Maybe a specific character from the novel.

Also: A female model without boob armour. Nice.

That guy on the cover is probably the Scion she hangs out with through most of the story "Execution." He's kind of her sounding board for ideas and concerns she can't share with the rest of the Regiment because they have the same Scholae facility in common.

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
Will definitely be getting this, quite glad my 3rd party female commissar got returned to sender 6 months ago now!

Now just need a new plastic regiment for her to glower over.

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

Imagine a whole line of new plastic Guard along these lines, with mixed gender units and the new more realistic proportions, with only subtle differences needed. We've already seen them sneak some female models into the blackstone fortress Traitor Guard, and also the GSC bikes so it can definitely be done well without going all high heels, boob plate and bare midriff.

• Steel Company, Noserenda, Battybattybats and 2 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_53969_15812_3395.gifgallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

Blows the current plastic commissar with his colossal sword out of the water.

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

Imagine a whole line of new plastic Guard along these lines, with mixed gender units and the new more realistic proportions, with only subtle differences needed. We've already seen them sneak some female models into the blackstone fortress Traitor Guard, and also the GSC bikes so it can definitely be done well without going all high heels, boob plate and bare midriff.

Perhaps it'll start with a Minka Lesk resin model, complete with bandages and thousand yard stare. :)

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,442 posts

Oh... Resin miniature... How short lived was my excitement.
Double my frustration because it's a lot better than the plastic Comissar.

Question is wether its FW style resin or Finecrap style resin. Because the former I can live with but the latter is a big fat nope.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
I will be getting her for my Elysians!
  • Captain_Krash likes this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Question is wether its FW style resin or Finecrap style resin. Because the former I can live with but the latter is a big fat nope.

Having seen (and held, haven't bought them for myself yet) the new Sly Marbo and Eisenhorn models, GW's new resin is much, much higher quality than the old Finecast stuff. It's not the same as Forgeworld's resin, but it's very good.

Of the resin models I've gotten from GW, only one has has any major issues (MTO Throgg, of which I got two) and even then, the issues were fine because it was one I was converting, and the air bubbles were on pieces being cut off anyways laugh.png

Edited by Gederas, 23 January 2019 - 07:35 PM.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,294 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

It's not the same resin, but the two are much closer in terms of quality these days than they used to be. I picked up a Pedro Kantor model recently and the cast was excellent, on par with the Phalanx Warder kit I got from Forgeworld in the same week.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Leif Bearclaw

Leif Bearclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,764 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Eh. I actually hope they don't do that. Although popularised by the Ghosts and Cain books, in both those series mixed gender Guard units are noted as being a major novelty. Note, I'm not against female Guardsmen, but rather changing the fluff so mixed units are the norm. If they go for the 'female Guard' option, it should be in dedicated kits ('alternate Cadian' or an entirely new Regiment and aesthetic, either would be cool), rather than the '20% of every squad is a girl' approach they took with some of the Munda gangs.

• Arkangilos likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Isn't Severina here only the SECOND female Commissar model we've had since 40k started?

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 24 January 2019 - 06:30 AM.
Removed quote and reply.

• Sandlemad, Steel Company, librisrouge and 2 others like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts

Isn't Severina here only the SECOND female Commissar model we've had since 40k started?

I think so, there was the one from Games Day 1998 and this new one... between the two, I like this new one much, much more.

_MG_9628-Edit.jpg

That is the old one...

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 24 January 2019 - 06:30 AM.
Edited quote.

• librisrouge likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,344 posts

In addition. The more "real" scale miniatures GW releases the better. They've really been shying away from Heroic scale miniatures lately.

Krash

They’ve toned it down by going for longer legs and bodies, but make no mistake their minis are still heroically scaled with big heads, hands, feet and oversized weapons.
  • Master Commander Ajax and D3L like this

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
The 1998 commissar's got some gnarly eyeshadow going on!

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 23 January 2019 - 08:17 PM.

• Steel Company likes this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users