Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Severina Raine (Lady Commissar) new miniature

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts

I just started a small astra militarum force, so I might as well grab her. =D

when is she up for preorder?

banana

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,272 posts

I just started a small astra militarum force, so I might as well grab her. =D

when is she up for preorder?

According to the WD pic, available from feb 23rd, so that'd be the 16th for pre-orders.

we_badge_ezra.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,703 posts
So is this an event only mini?

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,105 posts

So is this an event only mini?

Nope. The wording in WD seems to suggest she's a general release. So similar to Sly Marbo, Canonness Veridyan and Inquisitor Eisenhorn I guess.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Bit of a bump, but I need to ask:

On Warhammer Community, it says Commissar Severina Raine's rules for Kill Team are in the February White Dwarf. I've just checked the thing several times, but can't find it. Am I missing it, or did GW make a tyop and put February when they meant March? (yes, the misspelling of typo is intentional)

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 697 posts

It's just before the end, on page 140.

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

It's just before the end, on page 140.

Huh, so there it is :lol:

I was looking in the section on Kill Team. No wonder why I couldn't find it :lol:

Gothical

Gothical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts

Stunning. Definitely picking that one up (and the HH coasters!).

Probably won't ever use her as a character herself, just a bog-standard Commissar, but it is a pity that I feel a Company should only have 1 Commissar assigned to it - I have the one holding a bolt pistol and riding crop, one holding a powerfist aloft and reciting a book, possibly the old 3rd ed fist & sword model, and now this lady.

I also have the Lord Commissar, but that's fine because he's the Regimental-level attache with the bling to fit (how I justify taking 2 Company Commanders on the rare occasions that I do - one is a Captain, the other a Major/Colonel - also have snazzier Astropath and Primaris compared to Company ones).

...depending on cost I might get a second one to cut in half and use as a Commissar Tank commander. Heresy for such a beautiful model, but damn she could look stunning sitting in a cupola pointing out targets (enemy or otherwise) to destroy.

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship happy.png

cheesers

cheesers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Both the book and the model are OOS in the UK and its 3pm.

Cheesers came back!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Hmm... I wonder how that could be? :lol: (sarcasm, I know why)

But that just shows how excited people are for this.

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
I would swear I saw her in the FLGS yesterday, am I missing something? Maybe it was a regular commissar

Chris521

Chris521

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 325 posts

I'll pick one up, but her 40k rules are pretty bad.  She costs as much as a lord commissar but has worse stats.  She is very vulnerable when here special rule is active and she is armed with a toothpick.

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
... I have picked her up. Store must have made a mistake.

cheesers

cheesers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Hmm... I wonder how that could be? :lol: (sarcasm, I know why)

But that just shows how excited people are for this.

Im glad its doing well, i'll just have to wait, though the website/gamestore i use says 23rd of April for 'preorder'.

I would swear I saw her in the FLGS yesterday, am I missing something? Maybe it was a regular commissar

You probably did.

Cheesers came back!

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,103 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

Our store got our three orders of her and based on phone calls we'll sell them all by noon today.

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,835 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
A gas mask I think she has a need, in order to join the Krieg.

Like who doesn’t bring a gas mask and trench shovel to a combat zone? Imperial guard these days...
  • Master Sheol likes this
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,659 posts
Someone ended up not picking theirs up at my local store so I jumped on the occasion. Haven't yet opened the box but looking forward to assembling and painting her!

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
FLGS had a couple of her out earlier today. They don’t expect her to last through the evening.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

I was thinking of picking her up. But then I remembered I needed to renew a subscription at the end of the month. If I didn't, I totally would have picked her up today when I stopped by my local GW for their store birthday.

Then I found out she's actually sticking around like Eisenhorn, which made me feel better about not getting her today :lol:

Valorandomus

Valorandomus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Fake news, she’s not equipped with ludicrously over the top high heels so it’s obviously not a genuine GW sculpt

High heels seems to me to be a bit of a handicap on the terrain of a battlefield with shell holes and the like, but shes not in power armor so maybe they decided to tone down the boots to something sensible, also from a post i saw on spikey bits shes almost as tall as a primaris marine....

Edited by Valorandomus, 24 February 2019 - 11:21 PM.

1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users