Mixed Force Stratagem Question

Syward

My son has been using a mixed army of a Battalion of Drukhari and a Spearhead of Craftworlds. His Warlord is a Drukhari Succubus and we’ve got some questions regarding which stratagems he can use and when.

1. He can spend CP on stratagems from either his Drukhari Codex or his Craftworlds Codex regardless of which faction his Warlord belongs to correct?
  2. If so, what happens if I kill all models from one faction? Can he continue to use stratagems from the faction has been killed? (In our last game I killed all Drukhari models, could he still use a Drukhari stratagem?)
  3. Also, does he have to have models on the board from the faction to use the stratagem, from that faction? i.e. He’s got a unit in reserves from Craftworlds but no Craftworlds models on the table.
  4. Is there anywhere printed in either the BRB or the FAQ, etc. that outlines these rules that I can use to reference later? I haven’t been able to find anything specifically relating to stratagems and mixed armies.

Thanks in advance.

1. Correct. CP are a global ressource and as long as you have access to the Stratagems of a specific Codex (usually by having a detachment filled with units from that Codex on the board) you can spend them for those.

2. +3. It used to be the case that it doesn't matter, however a recent FAQ ruled that you can't use a Drukhari Stratagem (the one to counter your opponents Stratagems) when there's no Drukhari unit on the board so I tend to say it counts for every other Stratagem the same way.

4. Yeah, not sure which one tho. Either Drukhari, Craftworld, the BIG FAQ one or the Core rules one. I would have to check myself but I think it wouldn't hurt for you to read those anyway to clear any potential future questions as well. ;)

2 + 3, 4

Source Main Rule Book FAQ page 4

Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a unit from another?

A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on has the appropriate keywords (note that the Stratagems in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs and Errata). For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex: Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a single Battle-forged army.Also note that the only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction

Archived