Index Imperialis: Assassins in March

I was confused by the Requisition strat at first, as you can pay one CP to take an auxiliary detachment to get an Assassin right now. But as pointed out, you get a lot of flexibility now at the same cost.

I don’t think they’ll be as good at killing characters as the GSC assassins, but definitely better then they are as is right now.

Looks like I’ll need to finally finish my execution force...

Edited by Mr4Minutes

A 85pts reserve could now be a must for every competitive Imperium army...

Not sure, but I don’t think so. I mean they do look a lot better than before and I expect quite a few people will include them, but nothing (besides the culexus against certain armies) about them screams ‘must have’ or game changer. Maybe if they could still deepstrike turn 1... Edited by Finkmilkana

I'll never understand the jealousy some chaos players have of the imperium stuff. I'm actually very happy that the two factions go into different directions finally. :huh.:

I think it's more the sheer amount of content Imperials get compared to the supposedly diverse Chaos (Space Marines). That's not even mentioning poor ol' Xenos.

We're literally in the midst of Chaos rumors and multiple upcoming releases.

These assassin rules will be most welcome. Hopefully in a future WD they will also cover the Inquisition, as I am not too hopeful of them getting their own Codex.

The Stratagem which allows the Callidus to eat more enemy CPs is going to be quite handy. (And very annoying for your opponent!)

Depends, they have to both use 2 strategems, and have 2 fail for it to be worth it.

But as a Guard player I'll probably be using it :).

I think the best is the stratagem that gains more CP per kill. +1CP for each character and +2CP if it's the enemy warlord.

Though that does immediately conflict with the Tactical Restraint rule.

I'll never understand the jealousy some chaos players have of the imperium stuff. I'm actually very happy that the two factions go into different directions finally. :huh.:

I think it's more the sheer amount of content Imperials get compared to the supposedly diverse Chaos (Space Marines). That's not even mentioning poor ol' Xenos.

We're literally in the midst of Chaos rumors and multiple upcoming releases.

...whilst also being in the midst of multiple upcoming Primaris releases.

Assassins seem way too good for their extremely cheap price but what do you expect from imperial pick and mix factions they also have damn good stratagems which will benefit massively from imperial CP battery armies greatly as usual

Sure is nice being an imperial player as usual

*everyone flips through their codex looking for units with bodyguard rules.

With the summoning strat, surely you must take an Assassin's detachment in order to gain access to the stratagem.

The Vindicare got real good, I can see 3 being a thing, shooting 4 times with strat, doing MW with strat then gaining CP.... So many armies rely on squishy little characters to glue everything together.

*Looks at non infantry characters.

Assassins seem way too good for their extremely cheap price but what do you expect from imperial pick and mix factions they also have damn good stratagems which will benefit massively from imperial CP battery armies greatly as usual

Cheers , very kind of you. As an owner of 15 plus assassins of all generations and varieties it’s great to get some flavour for my army.

Don't worry, if your Warlord has the Imperial key word you can take them....  Oh hello Cypher.....

You need an assassin in your army to gain access to assassin stratagems.

They cant mix detachments with non Assassin's because of their keywords.

Therefore you need an Assassin's detachment to get an assassin to gain access to assassin stratagems.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers , very kind of you. As an owner of 15 plus assassins of all generations and varieties it’s great to get some flavour for my army.

I'd love to pictures of your collection.

Depends, they have to both use 2 strategems, and have 2 fail for it to be worth it.

But as a Guard player I'll probably be using it :).

I think the best is the stratagem that gains more CP per kill. +1CP for each character and +2CP if it's the enemy warlord.

Though that does immediately conflict with the Tactical Restraint rule.

Not necessarily, if you're using an imperial soup with a bazillion CP and CP regen and you're up against a more specialized army with like...six, it could be worth it even if you burn more CP than they do, just because every CP they have has a specific purpose and yours are just sort of there and you might never use them all. Edited by CardinalVirtue

With the summoning strat, surely you must take an Assassin's detachment in order to gain access to the stratagem.

Why do you think that?

You need an assassin in your army to gain access to assassin stratagems.

They cant mix detachments with non Assassin's because of their keywords.

Therefore you need an Assassin's detachment to get an assassin to gain access to assassin stratagems.

Or am I missing something?

In the stratagem pre text you gain access to them if you have any "Imperium" keyword. So you don't need and assassin Detachment.

Also if you bring exactly one assassin of each you get a CP for the Vanguard.

Those look awesome. The vindicare can now finally possibly kill his target in one hit now! And with the double tap he can even go for seconds.

Also loving the idea of the 1CP where you leave 85 points on the table, so you can option select whichever assassin works best!

Imma need to get my some assassins to play with now...mind need to get more vindicares though...could be fun to dump 3 of them on someone...

Actually, is it possible to break the "rule of 3" by using the stratagem. Bring 3 vindicares then use the 1CP strat to bring a 4th? Or is there something that prevents that? I know it isn't exactly something we would see too much of but still, is it possible?

Those look awesome. The vindicare can now finally possibly kill his target in one hit now! And with the double tap he can even go for seconds.

Also loving the idea of the 1CP where you leave 85 points on the table, so you can option select whichever assassin works best!

Imma need to get my some assassins to play with now...mind need to get more vindicares though...could be fun to dump 3 of them on someone...

Actually, is it possible to break the "rule of 3" by using the stratagem. Bring 3 vindicares then use the 1CP strat to bring a 4th? Or is there something that prevents that? I know it isn't exactly something we would see too much of but still, is it possible?

Rule of 3?  A Van. detachment is min 3 up to 6 max, right?  You could take 6 without the strat. could you not?  You'd have to take 4 (1 of each) to get the +1 Command Point.

Rule of 3?  A Van. detachment is min 3 up to 6 max, right?  You could take 6 without the strat. could you not?  You'd have to take 4 (1 of each) to get the +1 Command Point.

The rule of three:

40kFAQUpdate-Apr16-OrganisedEvents8rh.jp