Laer Assault - 3k & 5k EC

Fangbanger

Been thinking about doing this for a while now, a themed E.C assault list based on the attack on the Laer...

3k - Pride of the legion

Preator - Tartaros armour, Iron halo, Digi lasers, Paragon Blade, sonic shrieker

9x Phoenix terminators - sonic shriekers, grenade harness

5x Terminators - 1x Phoenix spear, 1x P.axe, 2x C.fist, 1x lightning claw - Anvilus drop pod

5x Terminators - 1x Phoenix spear, 1x P.axe, 2x C.fist, 1x lightning claw - Anvilus drop pod

1x Cortus dread - CCW, C.Fist

1x Anvilus drop pod (for cortus)

Fire raptor gunship - Reaper A.C, Hellstrikes

Kharybdis assault claw (PG and Preator go here)

So 7 pods meaning 4 turn 1 and the fire raptor for a bit of shooting. Not sure if to go Cataphractii for survivability, or tartaros to benefit from sweeping??

5k - Pride of the legion

Preator - Tartaros armour, Iron halo, Digi lasers, Paragon Blade, sonic shrieker

9x Phoenix terminators - sonic shriekers, grenade harness

Fire raptor gunship - Reaper A.C, Hellstrikes

Fire raptor gunship - Reaper A.C, Hellstrikes

Leviathan dread talon (2) - both with A.C, volkite, Phosphex. 1x Melta lance & drill, 1x Grav & claw

Sokar pattern stormbird - Orbital strikes (levi talon, preator and P.G go here)

So yeah, more firepower from the birds, still 7 pods and keeping the theme

Just for fun really and because I think it would look cool on the tabletop. Ideally, you'd want Fulgrim to flesh out the whole theme, yet I think this does the idea justice enough

Thoughts and feedback welcome!

I'm kinda on the same page as Luna here, when you get to the 3K+ mark it can occasionally just feel like a clash of bodies and, honestly, theme reigns!  And this is one blasted great one!  Admittedly, anything with a Sokar gets my attention as being cool (seriously, I find them cooler than titans but I'm an air-guy). 

Part of me screams, "More infantry!" a platoon of veteran legionnaires, just to complete the look of the line troopers on Laer and break up the Terminators a touch.  As for me, I'd think that EC's can rock both terminator patterns pretty well, but with that few part of me says 'you want to over-run.  Attack, attack, always attack and keep in combat so you don't get shot to ribbons.  Don't let them breath and show them the folly of their hubris!' so primarily Tartaros.  What you could do is if you want to 'specialize' a touch, go with 1-2 cataphractii to go after the big monster units like dreadnoughts and monstrous creatures, then mostly tartaros with less chainfists and more axes/claws to rip open infantry. More variety in frames.  But if you want to keep uniform: tartaros, everything advanced tartartos. 

Thanks guys, glad the theme goes down well!

Yeah I agree, some extra infantry could be a nice touch to get more bodies down, there's room in the sokar too, maybe even sub the dreads for extra men. Though I do like the idea of dropping them in early doors while the rest turns up later.

Maybe even another larger termmie squad so I'm not just reliant on 1 (in cata), with the rest in tartaros. I'll be using all phoenix guard minis for them anyway to keep it looking sweet, just changing the weapons and some minor bits to differentiate them.

Although not optimum, the raptors could be changed to eagles for extra troop storage and still have that winged assault vibe!

The though of building all those anvilus is quite soul destroying though...

Niiice, yeah if you're going for the larger catii squad, you'll need a different transport: Storm Eagle?  -smirks- I push the things because I love them, I have 3 and use 3 when I can along with a Raptor as a 'hog' to the three 'slicks' for a full flight.  The phoenix guard are just supeeeeeerb, love 'em.  

Anyway, an Eagle instead of a second Raptor could easily work: it's not quite as good but it'll carry 10 Cataphractii, and with hellstrikes is the same cost as the Raptor giving you the points difference of a Dreadclaw(IE ~ 4 extra Cataphractii).   And yeah, one less Anvilus... I have 2, I hate building them even if they look great. The little thing of note is always the Nuncio-vox for deepstrike reliability on turn 2 with power armour squads and it'll even help the Sokar's orbital strikes.  

Archived