List of which Legios associated with which Astartes Legions?

Yodhrin

As title. I'm casting about trying to decide how to paint up my second force of engines and an accompanying Epic army, but I'm struggling to find info on which Legios had close ties to which Legions. Is there a compiled source anywhere?

Dread Lances is also associated with Iron Warriors. 

I don't think there is a compiled source.  You could check all the titan legios on wiki and see which of them are associated with which legion... 

For modern sources I think you'd have to go through the FW black books or those bits of them that have been transcribed on the non-lexicanum wiki. Awkward thing is that so many of the references are on the level of "fought alongside X legion in Y campaign", which is then scattered throughout the articles for the space marine legions or particular battles or whatever.

Enough to hang an army's back story on certainly but slow going and doesn't quite get at the distinction between close or intimate allies (like Audax and the WE, Xestiobax and the TS, or Praesagius and the UM) and associations simply based on sharing particularly significant battles (Krytos and the IW, Fureans and the EC). Even then there's varying levels of closeness; Praesagius also fought regularly alongside the WB and Audax was honoured by the DA.

Apparently Andy Hoare said something in today's stream about maybe pulling this kind of thing together as an appendix in a future book? If it's anything like the knight household list in Titandeath though it'll be fairly spartan.

Mortis would probably be primarily associated with Sons of Horus although they were the largest Titan Legio and would have been on the field with most of the Traitor Legions.

Their ties with Death Guard would have been due to Mortarion being Horus' second in command and the later association with Nurgle.

Ultramarines fought alongside Praesagius, Honorum and Oberon Titan Legions. All 3 are mentioned being at Calth - I'll have a read through Book 5 and see if anything else pops up.

Had a quick flick through various wiki pages to put a vague list together instead of working :tongue.:. This is in no way exhaustive as I will have missed a bunch, and doesn't indicate 'close links' - just where legio and legion fought together. Additionally I left out eventual traitor legio/loyalist legion actions and vice versa. Let me know if anything needs changing.

I: Dark Angels - Gryphonicus (Rangdan Xenocides) Ignatum (Sarosh)

III: Emperor's Children - Mortis, Audax, Vulpa (Istvaan III), Mortis (Dropsite Massacre) Mortis (Iydris), Fureans (Ollanz System) Mortis (Nyrcon), Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra)

IV: Iron Warriors - Mortis (Dropsite Massacre), Krytos (Tallarn), Fureans (Incaldion), Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra), Argentum (Lesser Damantyne).

V: White Scars - Ignatum, Astorum, Defensor (Siege of Terra), Crucius, Fortidus, Gryphonicus (Molech)

VI: Space Wolves - Gryphonicus, (Rangdan Xenocides)

VII: Imperial Fists - Ignatum, Astorum, Defensor (Siege of Terra)

VIII: Night Lords - Mortis (Dropsite Massacre), Ulricon (Thramas), Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra) Vulcanum I, II (Shi'Hu'Gal Purge)

XI: Blood Angels - Ignatum, Astorum, Defensor (Siege of Terra), Crucius, Fortidus, Gryphonicus (Molech)

X: Iron Hands - Atarus (Dropsite Massacre) Astorum (Ollanz system), Atarus (Gardinaal)

XII: World Eaters - Vulturum and Kydianos (Rangdan Xenocides), Mortis (Dropsite Massacre) Mortis, Audax, Vulpa (Istvaan III), Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra)

XIII: Ultramarines - Honorum, Praesagius, Oberon (Calth) Lysanda (Armatura) Atarus (Gardinaal), Crucius, Fortidus, Gryphonicus (Molech)

XIV: Death Guard - Vulturum and Kydianos (Rangdan Xenocides) Mortis (Dropsite Massacre), Mortis, Audax, Vulpa (Istvaan III) Tempestus ( Manachea), Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra),  Mortis, Vulcanum, Vulpa, Interfector (Molech)

XV: Thousand Sons - Xestobiax (Prospero)

XVI: Sons of Horus - Mortis, Audax, Vulpa (Istvaan III), Tempestus (Manachea) Mortis, Magna, Tempestus (Siege of Terra), Mortis, Vulcanum, Vulpa, Interfector (Molech) Fureans (Paramar V)

XVII: Word Bearers - Mortis (Dropsite Massacre) Surturvora (Calth), Fureans (Paramar V) Excruciatus, Interfector.

XVIII: Salamanders - Atarus (Dropsite Massacre), Astorum (Nyrcon) Ignis  (Compliance of Kharaatan)

XIX: Raven Guard -  Adamantus, Victorum (Istvaan III compliance), Atarus (Dropsite Massacre) Gladius, 

XX: Alpha Legion - Vulturum and Kydianos (Rangdan Xenocides), Mortis (Dropsite Massacre) Fureans (Paramar) Krytos (Beta-Garmon) Xerxes (Nurth)

XVI: Sons of Horus - Mortis, Audax, Vulpa (Istvaan III), Mortis, Magna (Siege of Terra), Mortis, Vulcanum, Vulpa, Interfector (Molech)

Just a few to add from my favourites: Legio Tempestus: conquest of Manachea & Terra, and Legio Fureans: Second Battle of Paramar V.

Word Bearers also fought alongside Legio Fureans at the Second Battle of Paramar V.

To answer the OP, only a handful of Legions - at least so far - have been shown to have close relations with Traitor Titan Legion(s). Example: Mortis fight alongside everybody and their grandmother at one point or another, but their closest relation is the Warmaster's own by a mile.

Archived