Buried Dagger: Doom of the Death Guard

Taliesin

Rask in the Dramatis Personae presumably means flashbacks.

Interestingly, his name is spelt incorrectly - it is Durak Rask in the FW HH books. Kalgaro is also his replacement as the Siegemaster/Master of Ordinance and yet is not given the title here.

I’m still surprised to see the Knights Errant - Grey Knights plot line potentially ending here. I get the feeling it will continue into the Siege of Terra series, as there’s surely far too much to tell than for this novel as well as the main story of the Death Guard.

Epimetheus is still a big headache for me. From what we know of him, he’s surely one of the Dark Angels on Caliban or at least involved there. But there’s no way that can be tied into this novel, I don’t know how it can be tied in at all tbh.

Rask in the Dramatis Personae presumably means flashbacks.

Interestingly, his name is spelt incorrectly - it is Durak Rask in the FW HH books. Kalgaro is also his replacement as the Siegemaster/Master of Ordinance and yet is not given the title here.

And Epimetheus is spelled as Epithemius....

Interestingly, we do *have* a Crius in the series already: An Iron Hand of the Crusader Host, who ends up a little... strange after The Keys of Hel. I wonder if there's any connection at all, or just coincidence / lack of oversight.

I think I'd gamble on Yotun being a former Space Wolf, going by the name only.

Can we be really sure about that, though? I mean, I was never really fond of the theory myself, but when was the last time we've seen him, and his last known location? I believe he was last incarcerated on Macragge or somesuch?

While he hasn't been mentioned since, there is a bit of a gap in the narrative between the end of Angels of Caliban and Ruinstorm in particular. When we see the triumvirate of Imperium Secundus, they're already traversing the void, and warp, with their fleets all mustered. There is a case to be made that, with the muster, they might not have wanted to leave their prisoners on Guilliman's homeworld, for example, and took them with their fleets instead. They took Curze, after all.

If we want to go fully convoluted and contrived, it could be written in that Sanguinius took Sevatar with him aboard the Red Tear to meet the Sigillite, maybe even related to Sevatar's unstable, surpressed psychic powers. I wouldn't like it, seeing how blunt a solution it is, but it would get Sev to Terra, into contact with Malcador, and there's a reasonable amount of time between Sanguinius' arrival, his departure for Beta-Garmon, his return, and the intervening councils that even involved Russ before he left for Trisolian, before the Sons of Horus make for Beta-Garmon in force.

That might also add to the whole belief that "Sevatar died on Terra" - which he in a sense would have, if he ends up as Khyron after reaching the Throneworld and meeting up with Malcador - while the Night Lords might well believe further that he was executed rather than dying heroically during the Siege.

I'm fully aware I'm perpetuating a fan theory here, but I can't just flat out dismiss it just because we haven't been told a necessary bit of story, not before the book is out, or another appearance of Sevatar set after it, which denies it clearly. Right now, there's narrative wiggle room, and with his psychic stuff going on, he may actually make for a pretty nifty grand master if they end up writing him up as one.

I’m pretty certain we aren’t going to get their identities. St least not in this novel.

Janus/Ianius is Reveul Arvida from the Thousand Sons with a Shard of Magnus

The rest we would know once Malcador sends them to Titan (aka the ones that won't die until after the Heresy)

I’m pretty certain we aren’t going to get their identities. St least not in this novel.

Janus/Ianius is Reveul Arvida from the Thousand Sons with a Shard of Magnus

The rest we would know once Malcador sends them to Titan (aka the ones that won't die until after the Heresy)

Wasn't that confirmed in the story The Last Son of Prospero? I haven't read it yet don't have the anthology book with it but I thought I read somewhere that he ended up becoming Janus.