Complete FW Custodes Rules (Beta, Official)

Rinion

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forgeworld_Custodes_Datasheets.pdf

Spotted this this morning on the FW store!

Has rules for nearly everything, updated points costs. Callidus is 220 with 5++ and Machine Spirit, now, for example. Also, no limits on number per detachment! 

Seems to be a lot of discrepancy between Adrathic, stats are mostly identical but some are D3 damage and some are Flat 3 damage.

But, enjoy! 

The only thing I like the look of is the Orion Assault Carrier, as that's the only thing that has long range fire support, something custodes sorely need because the dreadnoughts are a bit crap. Unfortunately it's £275 so FW can stick their carrier up their lasgun port.

Just Custodes I'm afraid, still digesting but agreed in the werid Adrathic damage vlaues... Mostly seem the be the Jetbikes that are out of line though.

I don't mind the Telemon nerfs too much as it comes as a much reduced points cost and hasn't lost and defensive stats, which is what made it a true beast.

The ability to now give Custodes a squad of Meltaguns is SO GOOD (if expensive) but really ups the Anti-armour.

5++ on the tanks is nice, but they lost the 6+ FNP... 3+ save is still a little baffling for me, however its a decent balancing tool and they are still grav vehicles I suppose.

Venatari are suuuuuper cool. Certainly better in 40k than 30k. Very nice shooting and solid combat. Not to mention more in-built deepstriking and speed that will also get Obj Sec.

I was so stoked about the Venatari (jump pack guys), saw the rules and thought man that 3+ hurts. then looked at them and thought about other units and for the same points and you could get a thunder hammer/ storm shield thunder wolf cavalry model (assuming the pistol and buckler) for the same cost.

rule of cool will prevail tho, I just rang forgeworld and the models do not come with any other head options either and recommended me to buy the sagittarum guard upgrade set and use the helm from it.

rule of cool will prevail tho, I just rang forgeworld and the models do not come with any other head options either and recommended me to buy the sagittarum guard upgrade set and use the helm from it.

I'd be careful, the Saggitarum heads are very large and may not fit cleanly, especially with the large hood these models have.

I'll certainly be trying it though.

I'd be careful, the Saggitarum heads are very large and may not fit cleanly, especially with the large hood these models have.

I'll certainly be trying it though.

to late just preordered, given that i will have the weapons included im probably going to buy two boxes of regular custodians and make 10 sagittarum guard as well, see which heads look the best out of them and apply, thanks for the heads up tho dude. 

I was so stoked about the Venatari (jump pack guys), saw the rules and thought man that 3+ hurts. then looked at them and thought about other units and for the same points and you could get a thunder hammer/ storm shield thunder wolf cavalry model (assuming the pistol and buckler) for the same cost.

Won't the shield alleviate the 3+ a bit?

Hmmmm I am surprised they didn't include the Terminators...

Krash

Boy do i have good news for you!

Theyre in there, better and cheaper than Allarus (by 1pt!) Allarus should have gone down 10pts in CA rather than 5 so i think this isnt so much power creep as setting things right :p 

Won't the shield alleviate the 3+ a bit?

it will indeed but its a very situational effect. im expecting to come up against a few more primaris intecessors in the near future so will help a little with that but it seems awkward as rate of fire is going to become a big issue for these guys. 

Who updates battlescribe? DO IT NOW! :D

Shame the Galatus didn't get a true sweep attack (one per model within' 1" etc)

It looks like these are largely “rules for the physical model and its weapons only”, with basically none of the new stuff really having any of the interesting flavor rules that helps define things in 8th (such as the Allarus’s ability to pile in towards Characters or the Warden’s FnP). I’m not saying this is a bad thing: these are beta rules and the feedback will help get the baseline capabilities and costs established while they develop and test the bespoke unit rules internally, as those will be what undergoes the most changes during development.

As for the adrasite weaponry: I’m going to play mine as all being a D3 damage. They are all the same disintegration beam and that profile was established with the Imperial Marine in Index: Imperium 1. Not to mention it would just make some things like the Aquilon Termies absurd.

Who updates battlescribe? DO IT NOW! :biggrin.:

Shame the Galatus didn't get a true sweep attack (one per model within' 1" etc)

As for the adrasite weaponry: I’m going to play mine as all being a D3 damage. They are all the same disintegration beam and that profile was established with the Imperial Marine in Index: Imperium 1. Not to mention it would just make some things like the Aquilon Termies absurd.

I mean, don't cheat...?

The only Adrathic weapons with a weird AP are the Jetbikes (you're going to use the Las-Pulsar on anyway) & Saggitarum, where you have 3 Heavy Bolter shots too so it's fine.

Maybe FW will clear it up, but they seem fine for now.

At first glance

Winners:

Saggitarum. heavy support sucks but that is some mean long range dakka.

Aqulions. Murder all the hordes with st6 -1 flamers mk.

Orion. Speaks for itself. Dayum.

Washes:

telemon dropped points went on diet stat wise.

Pallas. Decent anti elite and armour.

New flying venatari. Armour is a 3+ but those are barnone the best pistols in the game. Murder all the termies of lesser armies.

Agmatus. Jet bikes are good. Still a lot of points and ugly model haha.

Losers:

Both the dreads still aren't great. Sword dread is overwhelmingly carp in CC. A str7 cc dread...at least his flamer is good?

Too few attacks to mean anything.

Grav tanks: got better but still suck. Got the 5++ and machine spirit. But t7 3+ is las cannon bait.

Spears guard. Huge loss. They got made elites. Hoping that's a goof because you would never see me take them over Aqulion.

Archived