Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Duz's Custard Creams

Custodes 40k WIP painting plog

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Thanks TWH :D

Ark you should! ;)

Having said that...
Spent the last 2 nights putting together the 2nd Caladius into suitable sub-assemblies for painting (I learnt from the last one ;) )

I can see why my chinaforge one was kinda crummy the original scuplt isnt that great the engine mount doesnt seem to sit flush and some of the nubbins snapped off... :ermm:

gallery_87434_14331_117296.jpg

The guns on this one do look great though!

gallery_87434_14331_123340.jpg

Spent some time tonight green stuff the gaps and tidying up the miscast areas. Our BCK posted a youtube vid on how to smooth GS which helped alot. Also the GW one suggesting you cut out the partly cured centre of the GS strip helped too. My gap filling GS skills are improving I believe! :D
Also magnetised the turret.
Next step priming! I think I'll brush paint the two tanks together.

gallery_87434_14331_326309.jpg
  • Prot, Black Orange and Arkaniss like this

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Rose

That turret and gun does look impressive. How easy are they to magnetise? Will there be another Duz magnetisation tutorial in the future?

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
I just magnetised the turret so it doesnt fall off when youre moving it around or holding it.
Just drilled a 6mm x 2mm into the top and bottom and that was it. I drilled a pilot first though given the size of the bit I needed after.

I also forgot the most important thing! Picked this up off diet last night :D

gallery_87434_14331_39144.jpg

gallery_87434_14331_1468.jpg

Im also going to steal his idea of switching out the flying stand for a scenic rock / ruin base :D
  • Prot, Black Orange and Arkaniss like this

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

Looking good, and I have the same file set! lol

• duz_ likes this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Its a handy file set that's for sure!

Made good progress this weekend should be brush work from here on out (varnishing aside) :)

gallery_87434_14331_109013.jpg

While I was waiting for it to dry I also got my Custodians base coated

gallery_87434_14331_170374.jpg

Also started rinsing my Venatari and maybe have bought my own Caladius :D
  • Arkaniss likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,464 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the grav tanks.
  • duz_ likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

Seems like you had a productive weekend :tu: Solar Watch Venetari should look pretty cool too I reckon!

• duz_ likes this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Been getting a bit done each night
Less than a week left for me to ship these both out
Nearly finished the first one some minor recess washes to do, wash for the gold on the turret then final varnish

gallery_87434_14331_66760.jpg

Hopefully get a good chunk of the 2nd one done this weekend
  • Black Orange and Arkaniss like this

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

Looks great! (your link is not displaying correctly, but duz_ work)

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

They're coming along nicely! Do they also have bases to do?

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
How so TWH? Its a collage picture instead of 4 separate ones. Otherwise lemme know and I'll see if there's gremlins in the post but seems ok to me from my phone at least.

Thx Ark, although they do have bases I dont have to do them fortunately. Partly because his scheme is just black. ;)

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

Ah fair enough I was wondering where they were. Bases always help finish off a model and make it pop, so we won't see the fully finished model with the base? Oh and I can see the picture fine too so not sure what's going on there.

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

How so TWH? Its a collage picture instead of 4 separate ones. Otherwise lemme know and I'll see if there's gremlins in the post but seems ok to me from my phone at least.

Thx Ark, although they do have bases I dont have to do them fortunately. Partly because his scheme is just black. msn-wink.gif

It's displaying correctly now. When I looked at it list night it just had a little image indicating a picture and a hyperlink to the B&C gallery. I was able to go to the gallery to view the image. Not it is showing in the thread for me. I should have screenshotted it last night. Oh well. 

• duz_ likes this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts

Glitch in the matrix prehaps... hopefully all resolved now and it was just one of those quibbles that happens on occasion 

If you see it again please screenshot and report it in the bug report forum! :)

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts

Ah fair enough I was wondering where they were. Bases always help finish off a model and make it pop, so we won't see the fully finished model with the base? Oh and I can see the picture fine too so not sure what's going on there.

Ark unfortunately you wont be seeing any basing on these. However...

Spoiler

• Arkaniss likes this

Black Orange

Black Orange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,433 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
The grav tanks look swell !!!
  • duz_ likes this

Learn to master the cards you were dealt rather than complaining about your opponent's hand.

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Thanks BO

After some washing this evening I'm calling this sucker complete! Now to finish the 2nd over the weekend ... :ermm:

Will take better pics when they're both complete

gallery_87434_14331_56665.jpg

gallery_87434_14331_65590.jpg
  • Black Orange, Arkaniss and thewarriorhunter like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Today I was meant to start working on the second Caladius that I have to ship Wednesday ...
But I took a break built a Void Shield Generator that I'd bought for half price :D (the model sucks to assemble fyi)

Having being getting amped for my custard creams painting these I decided to work on a second hand Achillus I'd bought a month or so back from Diet.
The silly man had made it with dual powerfists and used some insane crazy glue that wouldn't give up no matter what I did (freezer, dettol, LAs simply awesome). So I took to it with some pliers ripped out the previous fists and finally re-posed and armed it.

Now its ready to be painted along with all my other custard creams once I've finish this commission.

gallery_87434_14331_32985.jpg

Edited by duz_, Yesterday, 02:44 AM.

• Prot, Arkaniss and thewarriorhunter like this

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,307 posts

Nice he looks fantastic! I really want one myself I think they look great. So it's this Wednesday for the commission? Good luck! :tu:

• duz_ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custodes, 40k, WIP, painting, plog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users