New Calgar is huge!

Ishagu

can't wait to read vigilus 2 where abaddon beats down primgar

Lol you really think Calgar will be beaten down easily? I think Abaddon is stronger but not by much.

I don't think Guilliman will get involved in this so it will be very interesting either way.

I'd post pics but I'm away at a tournament - One I've performed poorly in. Took AdMech and Knights as my army.

Went 2,2 and 1.

The standard of play was exceptional. The UK's Mike Porter - number 2 world ITC player was there, as well as a team USA ETC champion who beat me in the second round. The Throne of Skulls champion was there also.

The highest level of play is not for the faint hearted. Not a single Guilliman list was at the event

Wait until folk realise they can take 3 units of Centurions with Heavy Bolters and Hurricane Bolters for 1260pts alongside Guilliman...

Though that is extreme, 2 units of 6 alongside him still give out 216 shots rerolling hits and wounds... that's going to hurt.

Rerolling to-wound rolls is great. No doubt about that. However I do think being able to inflict Mortal wounds on 6s against Vehicles with such a volume of shots and getting free cover within 6" of the warlord if he didn't move is the better package overall. Less devastating against infantry but more devastating against vehicles and more durable.

Anyway it's kinda offtopic. I didn't intend to actually argue about it lol

Calgar is not as big. I've had mine side by side, but Calgar does seem bulkier, blockier whereas Guillman has a more aesthetic look to him.

I think it really works because Calgar looks the part of a solid tank in the battlefield, with serious bulk where you could see Guilliman crashing through the lines with dad's sword wailing over head helicopter style whoopin' heretics.

Also Calgar is wearing an armour that's supposed to be more bulky than regular PA by design while Guilliman is wearing armour that only seems bulky because of the additional stuff that's keeping him alive which is only really on his torso area. ^^

Still waiting for a Calgar and regular Gravis Captain comparison. :teehee:

Archived