Resolving different attacks & wounds

Marshlands

I've been reading through the entry for fast dice and am a little confused how different types of attacks are/can be resolved

Let's say I have a unit in melee swinging with different members having different weapon profiles, let's say 1 weapon type is Damage 1 and the other is Damage 2.

The unit im swinging against has multiple models with 3 wounds a piece.

My understanding is that i dont have to follow the fast dice rule - does this mean I could alternative between resolving damage 2 and Damage 1 attacks to optimise kills?

Further to this, does the fast dice rule actually hinder me because it states when using fast dice rolling my opponent can allocate the wounds?

Surely if the above is correct players could just agree to fast dice roll and then let the attacking player choose the order they would have resolved them in?

Any insight greatly appreciated!

If I recall correctly there was something about the player whose turn it is decides the order of things. However it's probably better to just roll it in sets or one for one. Fast dice rolling is a convenient option with some drawbacks so you don't necessarily have to do it.

Your opponent can always allocate the wounds regardless of whether you fast dice or not. However once a model is wounded he has to put all wounds on that model until it's dead as usual.

It may be situationally worth it, but your opponent may not be happy with you doing it.

Slowing down the game and resolving 1 Attack at a time is liable to be rather annoying for your opponent, especially if they know you're doing it to "game the system" in some way.

Isn't it perfectly legitimate though? It's equal to say an opponent would be gaming the system to allocate wounds tactically to waste an atrackers damage? Certainly this was a huge problem before 8th when you'd have characters with better saves joining units.

Not wanting to slow the game down was the purpose of my question, considering the attacker is able to resolve attacks 1 by 1 it seems contradicting to say with fast dice that the defender chooses the order of the saves, because it then means the attacker is being encouraged to roll 1 at a time or lose damage.

I would hope to point this out and fast roll anyway with attacker choosing the order of saves, certainly I'd let my opponent fast roll and then choose how i take saves, since I know if I don't agree they could just roll 1 by 1 and it would have the exact same effect!

Archived