Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No password reset email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Heliomanes

Heliomanes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 515 posts

Hi. I'm an idiot, and being an idiot I forgot my password. I tried to get a password reset, but never received the mail. No luck looking through the spam box either. Got any solutions for me? Apologies if this is a known issue, or the solution an obvious one.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,952 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

No, you're not an idiot. The email function has been disabled (for far too long). However, the system should have accepted your password change, so you should be able to sign out and then sign in using the new password.

This is going to be coming up a lot with the recent announcement by WarriorFish, so I've posted information here (in the topic where we announced the disabling of the email function and provided admin email contact information).

Note that I tested the password change and it worked immediately - I was able to sign out and immediately sign in using the new password without any confirmation email, administrator approval, etc.

• Heliomanes likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,845 posts
  • Faction: Genestealer Cult
Brother Tyler: I think you're confusing two seperate options.
You are describing the password change option from within your own account which is only accessible if you're logged in.
Heliomanes has requested a password from the login screen because they cannot log in. You helped me resolve an identical situation a couple of weeks ago when I had gotten locked out of my account by forgetting my password. I also tried the "forgot my password" option and since e-mails don't work any more I never got the password reset e-mail and, from what I understand, Heliomanes is experiencing the same thing.

Didn't check the link you included which helps people with both situations. Mea culpa. :facepalm:

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 27 January 2019 - 04:46 PM.

• Heliomanes likes this

gallery_45765_11834_2080.pnggallery_45765_12339_13106.pnggallery_45765_11834_2080.png

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds. | You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows. | Suffer not the Heretic to live. | Abhor the Typo.

Heliomanes

Heliomanes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 515 posts

Okay, thank you so much. I'll send you an email as instructed in the post you linked to - as the password change function only works if you remember your original password.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users