[3000] Talons of the Emperor

Daimhin

Legio Custodes Tribune [245pts]: Digital Lasers, Paragon Spear, Warlord

Legio Custodes Hetaeron Guard Squad [388pts]: Arae-Shrikes, 4x Praesidium Shield, 2x Paragon Blade, 2x Solerite Power Gauntlet

Legio Custodes Shield Captain [235pts]: Digital Lasers, Praesidium Shield, Solerite Power Gauntlet

Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad [360pts]: Arae-Shrikes, Melta bombs, 4x Adrasite Spear, 1x Magisterium Vexilla and a Sentinel Warblade

Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [270pts]: Achillus Dreadspear, 2x Infernus Incinerator

Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad [375pts]: Melta bombs, Teleportation Transponders, 4x Adrasite Spear, 1x Magisterium Vexilla and a Sentinel Warblade

Legio Custodes Venatari Squad [465pts]: Melta bombs, 3x Archaeotech Kinetic Destroyer & Tarsus Buckler, 3x Venatari Lance

Legio Custodes Sagittarum Guard Squad [335pts]: Arae-Shrikes, 5x Adrastus Bolt Caliver

Legio Custodes Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [325pts]: Illastus Accelerator Culverin, Telemon Caestus

++ Total: [2998pts] ++

I really liked the new Venatari - so this weekend I bought a new army!!

The list above is what I'm looking at, though I have never played with or against Talons - so I would really appreciate feedback/ input.

I'm planning on selecting the Warlord Trait Master of Ambush. I will then Infiltrate the 2 squads with characters, the Sagittarium, and outflank or infiltrate with the Venatari. The remaining Custodian Guard squad will Deep Strike, and the 2 dreadnoughts will deploy as normal.

I have deliberately gone pure Custodes (i.e. no Sisters of Silence) as that's the feel I wanted. I might add some in the future, but not planning on it to start.

Welcome to the Emperor's Legion!

It's a nice looking army, and I like your thought process for deployment, should be a fun list to run.

​Feedback: Find the points for a second accelerator on the Telemon, the firepower it can dish out far outweighs any combat it might get into. 
For teleporting/infiltrating squads, remember that you'll probably have to endure at least one, maybe two rounds of shooting from your opponent, so position accordingly.
Let us know how the Sagittarum and Venatari preform, from what I've seen they're rather lackluster performers  when set beside our jetbikes and transports.

Speaking of which, if you get the chance to add a coronus to the army, do so.  I usually base my lists around 2, and they add a ton of flexibility and firepower.

Master of Ambush is amazing for Custodes, and is often how I run mine (unless I feel I need the 5+FNP on a Tribune of course!) it gives you some awesome flexibility with deployment - not to mention gets you in close!

I'd say you probably don't need two full squads of Adrasite spears; if you need to save points (for an additional Telemon Gun as noted by GAT) they would be an okay thing to lose.

Speaking of this though, the Telemon is pretty nasty in combat and the Plasma Flamer is no joke. Having Shred & Murderous Strike will be very good once Greater Daemons start running around too!

Archived