Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

Joe

I'm definitely curious as to whether or not the 'opposite' model will have the duel format like Magnus/Russ going on.  Given the size of that base we're definitely missing something (were the others showcased with the smaller 40mm?)

It's really hard to imagine that Malevolence still isn't going to be ready.

That could only be the case if they had another printing error or deliberately didn't want to release at this Weekender..

Best to wait a while before we hear what'll be available at the event for pre-sale. 

Also: No Solar War panel. Guess that wont be available for pre-sale.

From the schedule I’m worried Malevolance isn’t going to be available...

I am withholding judgement until we know more, but preparing to be thus:

giphy.gif

For those who have gone to a few in the past <stares in @m_r_parker's direction for no particular reason whatsoever in no way, shape, or form hoping he has an input on this matter> , what divination can be scried from the entrails of the released schedule?

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HH-WKDR-2019-Schedule1-1.pdf

Aka what does "Horus Heresy Army Building" or "Age of Darkness Forum" mean? Any ideas?

The painting and author-interaction stuff seems obvious, as do the Throne Room seminars on stuff, but I'm curious about some of these other options.

@Indefragable

How the rooms will be broken down.

The Throne Room - where the Seminars take place. This will usually be where I spend most of my time

Remembrancers Hall - typically where there will be interactive forums. HH Army Building will be around techniques for building fluffy or competitive forces, Age of Darness Forum will be a general Q&A (read: gripe-fest) with the rules team for 30k, etc. We may even get author readings of new novels in here too.

Arming Chambers - Demo pods

The Scribe Station - Author Signing (shame there's no A-D-B here)

Blood Games - Open Gaming, FW provide a bunch of tables from WHW and you can rock-up and play

Warmason's Chambers - Display cabinets (hunt for new models), talk to the FW staff and Golden Daemon.

Schedule-wise, I'm a little disappointed. I'm surprised the first seminar of the day is 'Welcome to Necromunda' considering we had a lot of Necromunda content last year, and since then we've had Titanicus (including the first of the supplements last week). i thought AT would have a bigger presence. 

It's weird that there's no general Black Library seminar for the future of the Siege series. All we have are specific seminars on The Burried Dagger and the Angron Primarchs novel. I am interested to see what 'Scions of the Emperor' is - it could be another event only anthology book considering the number of authors listed against it.

Yeah, feeling underwhelmed here. If what I suspect turns out to be true, and Malevolance isn't released, then this could be the worst year for the Weekender so far.

I'd be more intestered to know why they decided to run just one one-hour seminar about two Black Books...

And no word about *Angelus*. Weird.

Angelus was canned and replaced by Malevolence. It’s been that way for over a year now :tongue.:

*Angelus* is a book about Dark Angels and Dark Mechanicum...

It's weird that there's no general Black Library seminar for the future of the Siege series. All we have are specific seminars on The Burried Dagger and the Angron Primarchs novel. I am interested to see what 'Scions of the Emperor' is - it could be another event only anthology book considering the number of authors listed against it.

Yeah, feeling underwhelmed here. If what I suspect turns out to be true, and Malevolance isn't released, then this could be the worst year for the Weekender so far.

It is weird that there is no such BL seminar as they had one last year and you'd think that now in 2019 with the Siege of Terra very much upon us with possibly 3 novels released this year, there would be a seminar on that. Plus Solar War does not appear to be for pre-sale either, has no seminar, further suggesting limited BL previews. Hope to be wrong of course.

I'd be more intestered to know why they decided to run just one one-hour seminar about two Black Books...

And no word about *Angelus*. Weird.

Angelus was canned and replaced by Malevolence. It’s been that way for over a year now :tongue.:

*Angelus* is a book about Dark Angels and Dark Mechanicum...

That looks like it will be covered in the "Malovolence and beyond" seminar. Day two does have some good seminars listed with this one and the one on AT.

But if Malevolence is not there that would be a big disappointment to most people.

They wouldn't do that to us

*Incoherent, nay, mad, laughter*

Personally im more interested in the Necromunda stuff at this rate with them apparently dropping outlanders in favour of pastures new but if id bought a ticket id been.. upset.

Still i do have a tiny flicker of faith that releases have been so quiet to allow a big preview here.

@ m_r_parker

"I’m concerned that the Malevolance seminar is on Sunday and not Saturday. That might mean the book isn’t available this weekend, as that seminar slot is for the ‘upcoming’ book and not the ‘newly released’ Saturday morning slot."

Yes, that is rather worrisome

@ Lord Marshal

"I hope it's just the terrible angle. It looks like he's sliding down the rock like you would the rail of an escalator."

Yes, it also looks like Sang's rear narrowly avoided being penetrated by that finger of rock. Odd choice of terrain.

EDIT: Aargh...there's a similar thread in the News subforum, meant to post there. Please ignore.

Any concern that they've revealed all there is to reveal? I was really surprised to see Blood Angel stuff so close to the weekender.

The things they've revealed are what's available to buy at the Weekend. They'll be other items previewed in the display cabinets and during the New Models seminars on Saturday afternoon / evening.

Archived