Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts

FWPreview-Jan28-Sanguinius7sp.jpg

Warhammer Community

Weekender Schedule

I'm gambling on the character series stuff for BA being shown off this weekend as well; Azkaellon, Raldoron and Nasser Amit I guess?

With a little luck we'll some daemon characters opposite Sanguinius for Signus; Ka'Bandha and Kyriss the Perverse. 

Edited by Isinfier, 28 January 2019 - 02:41 PM.

• Marshal Rohr, DarKnight, The Red Thirst and 3 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 835 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

I'm definitely curious as to whether or not the 'opposite' model will have the duel format like Magnus/Russ going on.  Given the size of that base we're definitely missing something (were the others showcased with the smaller 40mm?)

ckYid5u.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_AOD_Traitor.ETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Faction_Master_AOD.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Martyr.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,219 posts
From the schedule I’m worried Malevolance isn’t going to be available...
  • The Red Thirst, Indefragable and Droz_64 like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,479 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

They wouldn't do that to us

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 980 posts

It's really hard to imagine that Malevolence still isn't going to be ready.

That could only be the case if they had another printing error or deliberately didn't want to release at this Weekender..

Best to wait a while before we hear what'll be available at the event for pre-sale. 

Also: No Solar War panel. Guess that wont be available for pre-sale.

Edited by Taliesin, 28 January 2019 - 04:45 PM.

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,954 posts

*cough* Inferno *cough*
  • Runefyre likes this
Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because Posted Image Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 Posted Image millenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Formerly Wolf Lord Kieran

+++This is my Mod voice. There are many like it but this one is mine. I never wanna have to use it, so let's all be excellent to each other+++

Posted Image Posted Image

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,241 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

From the schedule I’m worried Malevolance isn’t going to be available...

I am withholding judgement until we know more, but preparing to be thus:

giphy.gif

For those who have gone to a few in the past <stares in @m_r_parker's direction for no particular reason whatsoever in no way, shape, or form hoping he has an input on this matter> , what divination can be scried from the entrails of the released schedule?

https://whc-cdn.game...Schedule1-1.pdf

Aka what does "Horus Heresy Army Building" or "Age of Darkness Forum" mean? Any ideas?

The painting and author-interaction stuff seems obvious, as do the Throne Room seminars on stuff, but I'm curious about some of these other options.

Edited by Indefragable, 28 January 2019 - 06:30 PM.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,957 posts
Kinda worried we won't see Malevolence either.

Then again; with Crimson Paladins, Sanguinius and maybe others available I'd hope it is. Not to mention it's been at the printers for months.

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,219 posts

@Indefragable

How the rooms will be broken down.

The Throne Room - where the Seminars take place. This will usually be where I spend most of my time

Remembrancers Hall - typically where there will be interactive forums. HH Army Building will be around techniques for building fluffy or competitive forces, Age of Darness Forum will be a general Q&A (read: gripe-fest) with the rules team for 30k, etc. We may even get author readings of new novels in here too.

Arming Chambers - Demo pods

The Scribe Station - Author Signing (shame there's no A-D-B here)

Blood Games - Open Gaming, FW provide a bunch of tables from WHW and you can rock-up and play

Warmason's Chambers - Display cabinets (hunt for new models), talk to the FW staff and Golden Daemon.

Schedule-wise, I'm a little disappointed. I'm surprised the first seminar of the day is 'Welcome to Necromunda' considering we had a lot of Necromunda content last year, and since then we've had Titanicus (including the first of the supplements last week). i thought AT would have a bigger presence. 

It's weird that there's no general Black Library seminar for the future of the Siege series. All we have are specific seminars on The Burried Dagger and the Angron Primarchs novel. I am interested to see what 'Scions of the Emperor' is - it could be another event only anthology book considering the number of authors listed against it.

Yeah, feeling underwhelmed here. If what I suspect turns out to be true, and Malevolance isn't released, then this could be the worst year for the Weekender so far.

• RedFurioso likes this

The Red Thirst

The Red Thirst

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 693 posts

....ive been waiting so long for this

/u/TheRedThirst

wd1n614.png paMLx1z.pngX2Lf6bm.png

RedFurioso

RedFurioso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

I'd be more intestered to know why they decided to run just one one-hour seminar about two Black Books...

And no word about *Angelus*. Weird.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,729 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders

I'd be more intestered to know why they decided to run just one one-hour seminar about two Black Books...

Angelus was canned and replaced by Malevolence. It’s been that way for over a year now :P

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

RedFurioso

RedFurioso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

I'd be more intestered to know why they decided to run just one one-hour seminar about two Black Books...

Angelus was canned and replaced by Malevolence. It’s been that way for over a year now tongue.png

*Angelus* is a book about Dark Angels and Dark Mechanicum...

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,763 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

COIME ONNNNNN WE praetors

• Gorgoff likes this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 980 posts

It's weird that there's no general Black Library seminar for the future of the Siege series. All we have are specific seminars on The Burried Dagger and the Angron Primarchs novel. I am interested to see what 'Scions of the Emperor' is - it could be another event only anthology book considering the number of authors listed against it.

Yeah, feeling underwhelmed here. If what I suspect turns out to be true, and Malevolance isn't released, then this could be the worst year for the Weekender so far.

It is weird that there is no such BL seminar as they had one last year and you'd think that now in 2019 with the Siege of Terra very much upon us with possibly 3 novels released this year, there would be a seminar on that. Plus Solar War does not appear to be for pre-sale either, has no seminar, further suggesting limited BL previews. Hope to be wrong of course.

Angelus was canned and replaced by Malevolence. It’s been that way for over a year now tongue.png

*Angelus* is a book about Dark Angels and Dark Mechanicum...

That looks like it will be covered in the "Malovolence and beyond" seminar. Day two does have some good seminars listed with this one and the one on AT.

But if Malevolence is not there that would be a big disappointment to most people.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,256 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

*Incoherent, nay, mad, laughter*

Personally im more interested in the Necromunda stuff at this rate with them apparently dropping outlanders in favour of pastures new but if id bought a ticket id been.. upset.

Still i do have a tiny flicker of faith that releases have been so quiet to allow a big preview here.

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Brofist

Brofist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,114 posts
  • Faction: 13th Grand Battalion
Missing from the schedule:

"The future of the age of darkness"
  • Noserenda likes this
sig.jpg

#powerfisted30k, #tacticalstrikeplus
Download Tactical Strike Plus
Check out my Corpse Crow militia and Iron Warriors: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,071 posts
@ m_r_parker

"I’m concerned that the Malevolance seminar is on Sunday and not Saturday. That might mean the book isn’t available this weekend, as that seminar slot is for the ‘upcoming’ book and not the ‘newly released’ Saturday morning slot."

Yes, that is rather worrisome

@ Lord Marshal

"I hope it's just the terrible angle. It looks like he's sliding down the rock like you would the rail of an escalator."

Yes, it also looks like Sang's rear narrowly avoided being penetrated by that finger of rock. Odd choice of terrain.

EDIT: Aargh...there's a similar thread in the News subforum, meant to post there. Please ignore.

Edited by b1soul, 29 January 2019 - 05:08 AM.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,899 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

....ive been waiting so long for this

And you reached so far...
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

richmarine

richmarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
Any concern that they've revealed all there is to reveal? I was really surprised to see Blood Angel stuff so close to the weekender.

Sons of Horus legion completed 2500: http://www.bolterand...-sons-of-horus/
Heresy Blog Ultramarines. http://www.bolterand...-sons-of-horus/

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg L_T_4_2019_Badge_04_Centurion.jpg

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,219 posts

Any concern that they've revealed all there is to reveal? I was really surprised to see Blood Angel stuff so close to the weekender.

The things they've revealed are what's available to buy at the Weekend. They'll be other items previewed in the display cabinets and during the New Models seminars on Saturday afternoon / evening.

NocturnalAnimal

NocturnalAnimal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Faction: 30k White Scars

If they would just hurry up and confirm if Malevolance is gonna be on sale there or not, I'd be happy at least.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,071 posts
My guess is it won't be availabe there but will be available before April

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
I’d assume Sanguinus will be on sale, and whoever he is facing on the display duel base (Ba’Khanda?) will be the secret reveal

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,071 posts
Man...that pose still looks rather awkward

I think they were going for something like this: https://i.pinimg.com...erman-comic.jpg

It looks a bit off though...like Sang is too stiff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users