Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,484 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

What's with the talk of Vector Strike?

Is Sanguinius a Flyer? I thought he was Jump Infantry?

Also, I think his rules are pretty great thumbsup.gif

He, like Corax, have the option to Vector Strike despite that.

• Kizzdougs likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,969 posts
Sounds like Khan on his jetbike, which lowers initiative but raises toughness, will be every WS player's preferred choice because of the mobility, and I assume, firepower.

How does "always strikes first" work on his jetbike though? Does the lowered initiative mean anything?

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,484 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Sounds like Khan on his jetbike, which lowers initiative but raises toughness, will be every WS player's preferred choice because of the mobility, and I assume, firepower.

How does "always strikes first" work on his jetbike though? Does the lowered initiative mean anything?

nope; it only matters for things that require initiative tests.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,969 posts
OK...trying to think of a reason for taking Khan on foot (other than preferring the on foot model)

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,054 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

nope; it only matters for things that require initiative tests.

Am I right that the Khan's always strikes first rules only works in the first round of combat? If so the added initiative could matter in subsequent rounds of combat, but only against a handful of opponents (Fulgrim (denying him is additional attacks) and maybe some Greater Daemons).

Also don't characteristic tests always fail on a 6? If so then there's no real advantage in having a higher initiative once you go above I5.

One obvious advantage of taking him on foot is that he is considerably cheaper meaning that he can fit within the 25% Lord of War limit of smaller lists.

Either way, he looks like he is going to have a lot of utility, both in combat and in regards to buffing his army.

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion
Isn't he I8 anyway?
-1 is piece a cake then.
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
His always goes first is first round of combat only, he has a clause that says if he fights something else that always fights first, they go in init order, so I assume something else will get the rule - daemon maybe? Or evil fulgrim?

The bike version is likely to be the more popular and more powerful version, But just like where Perterabo with forgebreaker is better than without, it's about weighing up the cost of doing it. Party, for example, is the same cost as Magnus with that hammer.

Khan is cheaper even with his bike obviously, but it's still points that could go elsewhere and the bike may not suit the particular list either.
  • Kizzdougs likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts

I don't recall the "only in first round of combat" part of Khan's Sire of the White Scars rule......but doesn't mean it's not there. I just remember it because that was the only part of his special rules I got to actually read at a normal pace.

Also, his dao (sword) has Duelist's Edge, meaning Khan on foot is actually I9 in a challenge, even without the Always strike first rule.

...who can possibly compete with I9? Any I10-ers out there?

Hidden Content

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts

I don't recall the "only in first round of combat" part of Khan's Sire of the White Scars rule......but doesn't mean it's not there. I just remember it because that was the only part of his special rules I got to actually read at a normal pace.

Also, his dao (sword) has Duelist's Edge, meaning Khan on foot is actually I9 in a challenge, even without the Always strike first rule.

Hidden Content

Sanguinius' init buff is first round of combat, not just on the charge.

Russ is init 7

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,054 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Hidden Content

Are Keepers of Secrets I10? Either way, the Khan will be going first against pretty much everyone. It's also a fantastic thing to have when fighting Fulgrim, as the Phoenician will completely miss-out on any bonus attacks :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,969 posts
Phoenician got that WS8 though...

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos
Cor'bax Utterblight is I9, as strange as it may sound.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,969 posts
I9 Nurgle daemon...why?

Edited by b1soul, 11 February 2019 - 09:22 AM.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts

I9 Nurgle daemon...why?

He's fast.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

Mango Polo

Mango Polo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

I9 Nurgle daemon...why?

Because it's a roiling mass of flesh that spills over the land unabated, despite what the model looks like.

It's a nice twist on the usual Nurgle theme.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts
Besides FW wants the demons to feel different from 40k anyway without the known stereotypes.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,184 posts

So FW have sent me an email confirmation about my Malevolance pre-order, a full two weeks after I placed it at the event.

I can't think it's taken them a fortnight to manually put them into their system (maybe it was), so I'll keep an eye on my order progress to see when its status changes.

• Gorgoff likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts

So FW have sent me an email confirmation about my Malevolance pre-order, a full two weeks after I placed it at the event.
I can't think it's taken them a fortnight to manually put them into their system (maybe it was), so I'll keep an eye on my order progress to see when its status changes.

Tension's raising? ;)
Bring back Psycho Dad!

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,614 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
While they are separate, I've had shipping confirmations come in after I picked up the thing in question from my gw. Sometimes it's a bit wonky

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,184 posts
Yeah, it’s all a bit weird. I have an official email with an official order number, but there’s no item description (but at £80 I know what it is). It’s also not linked to my FW account, even though the email and postal address in the order match my account.
I think this highlights the problem their IT back-end has in trying to correlate orders against products that technically don’t exist in their catalogue yet. Might give them a ring on Monday morning to see if I can get it linked to my account, that way I can track it a little easier.
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users