Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

Joe

What's with the talk of Vector Strike?

Is Sanguinius a Flyer? I thought he was Jump Infantry?

Also, I think his rules are pretty great :thumbsup:

He, like Corax, have the option to Vector Strike despite that.

Sounds like Khan on his jetbike, which lowers initiative but raises toughness, will be every WS player's preferred choice because of the mobility, and I assume, firepower.

How does "always strikes first" work on his jetbike though? Does the lowered initiative mean anything?

Sounds like Khan on his jetbike, which lowers initiative but raises toughness, will be every WS player's preferred choice because of the mobility, and I assume, firepower.

How does "always strikes first" work on his jetbike though? Does the lowered initiative mean anything?

nope; it only matters for things that require initiative tests.

nope; it only matters for things that require initiative tests.

Am I right that the Khan's always strikes first rules only works in the first round of combat? If so the added initiative could matter in subsequent rounds of combat, but only against a handful of opponents (Fulgrim (denying him is additional attacks) and maybe some Greater Daemons).

Also don't characteristic tests always fail on a 6? If so then there's no real advantage in having a higher initiative once you go above I5.

One obvious advantage of taking him on foot is that he is considerably cheaper meaning that he can fit within the 25% Lord of War limit of smaller lists.

Either way, he looks like he is going to have a lot of utility, both in combat and in regards to buffing his army.

His always goes first is first round of combat only, he has a clause that says if he fights something else that always fights first, they go in init order, so I assume something else will get the rule - daemon maybe? Or evil fulgrim?

The bike version is likely to be the more popular and more powerful version, But just like where Perterabo with forgebreaker is better than without, it's about weighing up the cost of doing it. Party, for example, is the same cost as Magnus with that hammer.

Khan is cheaper even with his bike obviously, but it's still points that could go elsewhere and the bike may not suit the particular list either.

I don't recall the "only in first round of combat" part of Khan's Sire of the White Scars rule......but doesn't mean it's not there. I just remember it because that was the only part of his special rules I got to actually read at a normal pace.

Also, his dao (sword) has Duelist's Edge, meaning Khan on foot is actually I9 in a challenge, even without the Always strike first rule.

...who can possibly compete with I9? Any I10-ers out there?

Hidden Content

Sanguinius is I7 + 1 on charge + 1 from Moonsilver blade in a challenge (don't think Sangy is effected by the Day of Revelation buff)...but Moonsilver is only AP3 so you would rarely use that in a Primarch duel

Fulgrim is I8

Curze is I7

Angron is I7

Corax is I7 + 1 on the charge

I don't recall the "only in first round of combat" part of Khan's Sire of the White Scars rule......but doesn't mean it's not there. I just remember it because that was the only part of his special rules I got to actually read at a normal pace.

Also, his dao (sword) has Duelist's Edge, meaning Khan on foot is actually I9 in a challenge, even without the Always strike first rule.

Hidden Content

Sanguinius is I7 + 1 on charge + 1 from Moonsilver blade in a challenge (don't think Sangy is effected by the Day of Revelation buff)...but Moonsilver is only AP3 so you would rarely use that in a Primarch duel

Fulgrim is I8

Curze is I7

Angron is I7

Sanguinius' init buff is first round of combat, not just on the charge.

Russ is init 7

Hidden Content

Fulgrim is I8

Curze is I7

Angron is I7

Are Keepers of Secrets I10? Either way, the Khan will be going first against pretty much everyone. It's also a fantastic thing to have when fighting Fulgrim, as the Phoenician will completely miss-out on any bonus attacks :tu:

So FW have sent me an email confirmation about my Malevolance pre-order, a full two weeks after I placed it at the event.

I can't think it's taken them a fortnight to manually put them into their system (maybe it was), so I'll keep an eye on my order progress to see when its status changes.

So FW have sent me an email confirmation about my Malevolance pre-order, a full two weeks after I placed it at the event.

I can't think it's taken them a fortnight to manually put them into their system (maybe it was), so I'll keep an eye on my order progress to see when its status changes.

Tension's raising? ;)

Yeah, it’s all a bit weird. I have an official email with an official order number, but there’s no item description (but at £80 I know what it is). It’s also not linked to my FW account, even though the email and postal address in the order match my account.

I think this highlights the problem their IT back-end has in trying to correlate orders against products that technically don’t exist in their catalogue yet. Might give them a ring on Monday morning to see if I can get it linked to my account, that way I can track it a little easier.

I don't recall this one from the Weekender posted on B&C, but my memory may be at fault.

https://pp.userapi.com/c850420/v850420526/aa16c/v1dxWsmfV0c.jpg

That is absolutely the other named Blood Angel character in the book. He is a member of the BA specific Destroyers. That picture is a photograph from the artists portfolio. Her work is stunning. She had multiple versions of that artwork, of Sanguinius, of the iconography - it was fascinating chatting to her about the thinking and the process. Sanguinius' profile drawings were based on both the statue of David and of a marble statue in a Danish museum that just looked mean! Great stuff. Can't wait for the book now!

Archived